Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
307 user(s) are online (247 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  New Hampshire Motor Speedway
This is the new name for New Hampshire International Speedway.

Also known as NHMS....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

biggrizzly Bi-Modal Exhaust for C4
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Billy Boat is coming out with a Bi-Modal system for our cars in the near future. If you are a fan of the new C6 bi-mode exhaust this should be of interest to you. If this happens I will be selling a Magnaflow Cat Back system.

From BB:

Thank you for your inquiry. We currently do not have a Fusion available for the C4 Vette however we are working on one. We hope to have this available sometime this winter. If you keep an eye on our website www.bbexhaust.com we will make an announcement on there as soon as they are available.
Posted on: 2010/11/8 14:18
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

RickAnthony Re: Bi-Modal Exhaust for C4
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Billy Boat is coming out with a Bi-Modal system for our cars in the near future. If you are a fan of the new C6 bi-mode exhaust this should be of interest to you. If this happens I will be selling a Magnaflow Cat Back system.

From BB:

Thank you for your inquiry. We currently do not have a Fusion available for the C4 Vette however we are working on one. We hope to have this available sometime this winter. If you keep an eye on our website www.bbexhaust.com we will make an announcement on there as soon as they are available.

That would be awesome.. I've been thinking of changing out from my magnaflows to something a bit quiter.. guess I'm getting old...
-=Rick
Posted on: 2010/11/8 18:47
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

biggrizzly Re: Bi-Modal Exhaust for C4
4543 Posts

Quote:

RickAnthony wrote:
That would be awesome.. I've been thinking of changing out from my magnaflows to something a bit quiter.. guess I'm getting old...
-=Rick

Well, that is my thinking too. My wife hates driving in my car because of the noise. Although its not bad at cruising speed,she does not relish the acceleration music it makes. If I had the bi-mode system and a remote, like many of my friends do, I could turn it on and off as I please. This would keep us both happy.
Posted on: 2010/11/8 19:00

-=Jeff=- Re: Bi-Modal Exhaust for C4
Master Guru
Bartlett, IL
573 Posts

Well, they have been working on it for at least 2 years.. wonder how long it will actually take
Posted on: 2010/11/11 3:17
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051

pianoguy Re: Bi-Modal Exhaust for C4
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Sure, you had to mention this!! ;-)
Posted on: 2010/11/11 3:58

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Bi-Modal Exhaust for C4
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

RickAnthony wrote:
Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:

From BB:

-=Rick

They're loud? I never noticed.
Posted on: 2010/11/11 13:22

jonszr1 Re: Bi-Modal Exhaust for C4
Senior Guru
Lone Pine, CA
453 Posts

the bad thing is they are going to be extreamly pricey 1500 for the whole system and wont sell just the mufflers . a cheaper way to quiet is to put some dyna flow 3 in super turbos on her with dual 21/2 in out lets . have this set up on my 92 zr1 with 23/4 in pipe and a 3 in summit xpipe . the car is almost as quiet as the stk setup and no drone . have a vid of the setup on utube pm me your email and i will send you the clip of it running at the strip to see if it has the sound you are looking for. super turbos from summit 120 and xpipe 86 ,just add the tipps you want and you have a system thats quiet and wont cost you any power promise
Posted on: 2010/11/14 11:57
i have a blast playing with my 4 babies 2 zr1s and 2 mustangs 68 coupe with a jon bennit 408 art car fully rollered c4 with a gearvendors over drive .88 mustang built by my kids with a ported lt5 and a bill boudreau blue printed zf 6 spd. with these 4 ...

bogus Re: Bi-Modal Exhaust for C4
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I have noticed that the LT5 is inherently quiter than the L98 or LT1.

Rexruby has a ZR1 with Borla exhaust, lovely. Just lovely. But the same Borla on an LT1 sounds like a cammed up big block and drones like an SOB.

I think it must be the very nature of the exhaust pulse that comes from the traditional small block. There must be something in that design that does what it does.

Question: Does the LT5 have the same firing order as the SBC (1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2)? I wonder if swapping 7 and 4 would have an effect?
Posted on: 2010/11/14 23:12

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Senior Guru
Lone Pine, CA
453 Posts

yes it does . might be the fact that the valve lift is only 405 but you have to remember thats 2x. lack of lift might cause the exhaust not to pulse as much?????
Posted on: 2010/11/15 1:53
i have a blast playing with my 4 babies 2 zr1s and 2 mustangs 68 coupe with a jon bennit 408 art car fully rollered c4 with a gearvendors over drive .88 mustang built by my kids with a ported lt5 and a bill boudreau blue printed zf 6 spd. with these 4 ...

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

good point. Perhaps there is simply more volocity? I am not sure, all I do know is that the LT5 is serously smoother and quieter than the LT1...
Posted on: 2010/11/15 2:12

Josh Re: Bi-Modal Exhaust for C4
Guru
Raleigh, NC
666 Posts

I have my doubts as to whether or not it will ever come about. They have been working on a TPI intake alternative for a decade now, and they are always promising release next fall/spring/summer/year/etc...
Posted on: 2010/11/15 2:52

biggrizzly Re: Bi-Modal Exhaust for C4
4543 Posts

I really like the bi-modal configuration because I like the loudness, but want to turn it off occasionally while my wife or some more gentile person is riding shotgun. I actually like the way the car sounds now and since I put 3.54 gears in the rear, the drone has shifted and is not to bad at all.
Posted on: 2010/11/15 13:54

Senior Guru
Lone Pine, CA
453 Posts

this thread got me to thinking *(hard to do at 57)lol so i started playing with the tips of my exhaust and found this out .if the tips end even with to 2 in past the valance the car even with my quiet exhaust has the 1700-2100 rpm drone once they get 3 inches past the valance the drone stops . i also used some of that heat wrap tape thats used on headers on the tips which helped . the reason for the wrap was after we put the car on a rack and reved it to the drone area i put my hand on the tips and could feel them vibrating . so from what i found out make sure the tips go at least 3 inches past the valance to help keep the drone out of the cabin . and wrapping the exhaust with the header wrap tape (used to keep heat in ) might also help. it never ceases to amaze me what happens when you start playing with things. hope this may help those of you with cabin drone . i understand that the exhaust tipps might not look as good extended, but it might save some from having to buy so much excederin
Posted on: 2010/11/15 17:27

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

On my 92, LT1/6spd, I originally upgraded to elims. I was told by the gang at CF that this would fix the resonance and make the car sound awesome!

Yea, it fixed the resonance... it's because it about made me tone deaf!!!! It was so damned loud and the sound just rose until it became a dull thud before breaking past that and just being loud again.

I had to fix it, so I installed resonator tips... they helped, but not enough. I nearly failed the DE noise test (3' off the bumper) with a 94.xx db reading. 95db being the limit. I said, screw this, I am getting Corsa!

Corsa... OMG... it works as advertised. No exhaust drone. Just wonderful.
Posted on: 2010/11/15 17:34

Ultraman Re: Bi-Modal Exhaust for C4
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Do you think the Corsas would work the same on an L98? Also if you have enough money to do the intake side or the exhaust but not both which one would you choose?
Posted on: 2010/11/16 23:19

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

That's a good question... Think of it this way; what direction to you WANT to go in and what laws govern that move.

I really doubt that Nebraska is a leader in emissions testing... so with that in mind, if I was going to go with an LT1 based Corsa system, but also get headers and bullet cats. The only problem, headers and cats are a tricky fit with an automatic. This means, when the cash comes around again, the exhaust is DONE.

Just do it as part of an on-going project.

I suggest the LT1 style corsa because it is a dual system. You will need to get LT1 style mounts, but that's easy.

Here is my take on the L98... replace the exhaust and the intake and you will find about 50~60hp. Add roller rockers, maybe another 20. The LT1 did just that and picked up 50HP!
Posted on: 2010/11/17 2:33

Senior Guru
Lone Pine, CA
453 Posts

dont know if the zr1 corsa and the lt1 corsa are much different with the exception of the short front sections . if any one might be interested i have a complete corsa setup that i would be willing to part with for a very fair price .new they are going for 1250-1300 . pm me if you are interested .
Posted on: 2010/11/17 3:32

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.