Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
290 user(s) are online (249 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 01.30.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

We were at the neighbor's last night for their son's 3 year birthday party. Lots of kids from their family running around and having a good time. So of course Samantha had a ball. It was good because it wore her out and she went to bed easily. My wife said she can't wait until summer so she can do that everyday. I have to agree.

Work today then a couple days off. I'm beat...I need to relax but of course that won't happen. Got a "fun" filled weekend ahead.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/1/30 12:53

TommyT-Bone SundayChat 01.30.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Mornin everyone
Whew! What a night. I sure could have used your help last night in the battle against the aliens. Anyway, the aliens couldn't swim and all drowned. I guess dreams like that happen when you mix chicken wraps , pizza, M&Ms, York Peppermint Patties and Mountain Dew.
This weekend the Rodeo is in town. Yee-ha! About 20 of us are going, mostly kiddies. They had the Rodeo Parade yesterday but I was too busy. Couldn't even sit down and watch the races. I did have a very productive 2 days though. Wifey didn't let me down. She brought home a bunch of stuff from the Keys. One of the items is really nice. It's a 3 pan electric food warmer. Great for when you have those serve yourself type get togethers. She was telling me now we have to have a party so she can use it. LOL. She did well on sales but other vendors were complaining of slow sales. My wife loves to gab and she has a gift. She could sell horseshit to a horse rancher. Oh well, enjoy the day. I'm gonna go get another cup of coffee and ....... nevermind......
Posted on: 2011/1/30 12:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: Sunday Chat 01.30.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

On the east coast, cowboy hats are cool.

Out here, cowboy hats are only worn by cowboys, no one else will.

I just made my coffee, in the bathroom. I noticed there's olive oil and butter sittin' on the bathroom countertop. That's kinda de ja vue cause, er, nevermind.
Posted on: 2011/1/30 13:05

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 01.30.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Morning guys....I'm up, I think. Bill you sure are up early. Getting ready to go to church...early mass. We have at least 6 hours of driving to do today, weather is supposed to be changing to much cooler then downright cold Tuesday. No weird dreams here, I slept well, probably just like Samantha....

Bill, the kitchen will be together before you know it, then you can again make your coffee in the kitchen instead of the bathroom, where you seem to have bad memories...

I'll check back in before we head home.
Posted on: 2011/1/30 13:14

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 01.30.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14750 Posts

Hi gang! Cold and clear out. Spent most of the day in Lincoln yesterday doing some shopping. It was in the 40's most of the day until the cold front came in.

As I was going from place to place I spotted a C4 prowling thru a parking lot. I was going in that direction so followed them in. The car was Silver Matallic and looked to be a in the 88 to 90 range. I pulled in next to them and waited as a spry 70 something woman got out of the drivers side and got her cane out. I rolled down the window and said I liked her car and asked what year it was. She came right over and we started talking Vettes. This one was an 88 that they drove around town and it had grocery bags in the back. They bought it new.

She said they had a 96 at home in the garage. I could see that she needed to go so I said goodby and took off. As I left I saw her helping an elderly man out of the passenger side whom I take it must be her husband. It was a nice car, bone stock I'm betting and I really liked the color. I told her I had a 90 with the Charcoal Met.

It amazes me the variety of folks that get bitten by the Vette bug. Looking at this couple you would think they would be driving a mid 90 Buick Lesabre. I hope I see them again I am sure they have an interesting story.

Have a good day boys and girls!
Posted on: 2011/1/30 15:00

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 01.30.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Excellent story, Marcus! And that sounds like the definition of a balanced meal, Tommy - pretty much all the food groups on this planet, and maybe some from another.

Enjoy your Sunday, all!
Posted on: 2011/1/30 15:11

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

j3studio Re: Sunday Chat 01.30.11
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Morning all!

Watching the Rolex in between carting the parents to church and the wife to the gym.
Posted on: 2011/1/30 15:16

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 01.30.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:
Morning all!

Watching the Rolex in between carting the parents to church and the wife to the gym.

Let your wife push your parents in a cart to church, then she won't have to go to the gym. Problem solved
Posted on: 2011/1/30 16:13

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 01.30.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Where are the Corvettes in the 24 hours....I've been watching for a couple hours and have not seen one. Did they go out early?
Posted on: 2011/1/30 18:25

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

biggrizzly Re: Sunday Chat 01.30.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Whoa! I slept way late today! Got up around 10:30 and couldn't believe it. Rolex is winding down and I need to catch up. I spent some time in the garage last night. I need to order about $100 worth of connectors/pigtails to fix my harness like new. I'm gonna replace both O2 sensor plugs, ECT sensor plug, both knock sensor plugs, plus a couple others that I see need replaced. I'm using a KerOsun heater out there and its still cold!!

Have a great day!
Posted on: 2011/1/30 18:30

biggrizzly Re: Sunday Chat 01.30.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Where are the Corvettes in the 24 hours....I've been watching for a couple hours and have not seen one. Did they go out early?

I understand that the Corvettes don't meet the GT specifications for Grand Am and the teams are focusing on the Camaro for GT class. Camaro Car No. 57 has been doing ok although many laps down from the lead now. DP Car 99 has been doing well also.
Posted on: 2011/1/30 18:33

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.