Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
190 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Collector Edition
RPO Z15.

1996 only.

Silver with black, red or grey interior.

LT1/A4 or LT4/ZF6....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Saturday Chat 02.19.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Yep, I could hardly wait to retire and live the good life. Now I get to work on personal projects seven days a week. In case you didn't know ...... That adds up to a lot of work. How's those kitchen cabinets coming along Bill? Gotta go ..... I got some painting to do .............
Posted on: 2011/2/19 12:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

biggrizzly Re: Saturday Chat 02.19.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

I couldn't sleep again. Up and down all night. I jumped on here early to see if any gurus had insomnia too, but alas everyone was asleep except for some spammer. So I decided to sit down at the computer and try to figure out our Autocross Timing Software and Online Race Management plug-ins that we just bought for our upcoming season. Holy Cow... lots of stuff to consider and configure just to get this thing working for April. We bought AxWare which is a great program used by many SCCA and NCCC clubs around the country. It uses RaceTronics hardware which I understand is pretty good stuff.

Now I need to get other crap like more laptops, one for registration, one for timing, and one for announcer/admin. I also would like to incorporate bar-code scanners into the registration process but that would be an additional expense. I need printers, a wireless router, generator.... the list goes on and on. I think that our club needs to go strictly to doing autocross events if we really want to focus. At the moment we are doing two drag races per year, four autocross, a huge Spring car show and a bunch of other little cruise-ins and stuff like that. Its a lot, and guess who has to worry about all of that? Yup you guessed correctly.

Anyhow, on to other things, like the weather... The roof is done. I was totally amazed they completed the entire roof in one day. I have a fairly complicated roof layout with lots of angles and pitches. The weather was just perfect for them, so that helped a great deal I'm sure. I think we hit the 70s yesterday and expect much of the same today I think. Although its pretty windy, with gusts from 20-50mph

I hope you gurus have a great Weekend
Posted on: 2011/2/19 13:02

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 02.19.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14743 Posts

There is always something to do. Do we own the stuff or does it own us? Cooling down here today. Me and Ultraboy are headed into Omaha to the State wrestling championships. We have freinds who's kid is competing and is real good.

Still no parts from TPiS for my car but still plenty to do on it.

Went to a basketball game in a small town last night to see a nephew play his last game since he is a senior this year. Lots of latinos on the team. One of them fouled out and ripped off his jursey and threw it at the ref and then stormed off the court. Later he got in a pushing match with the school principle as he left the school. I am sure it won't go well for him on Monday. Nephews team won 65-28.

Gotta go have a safe easy day guru's.
Posted on: 2011/2/19 13:13

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 02.19.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Jacob was not a happy sleeper last night. Neither was Samantha. It was the full moon...neither of them sleep well when that happens. Weird, huh? Anytime you talk to someone who deals with the public...police, er nurses and doctors, ems, fire, retail people....they all say that people go crazy at full moons. I believe it 100%, I've seen it so many times firsthand. Weird, huh?

I have to take rugrat #1 to gymnastics in a bit. After that we're having lunch at the outlaws and then I'll get in a back/bicep workout. Maybe tinker around the house, too.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/2/19 13:57

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 02.19.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Good morning guys...My voice altering cold has moved to my chest. Now I cough and it feels like my lung is burning up, hurts like hell.

We had our final b-ball game for the season last night. Not anywhere near the excitement that Marcus saw though. Girls won, boys lost (but it was a good game).

I'm going to school today and put on a new exhaust system on my pickup. It's a Db system by Corsa. The quality is great and the price reasonable. Got to get going, I'll check in later.
Posted on: 2011/2/19 14:22

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 02.19.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
How's those kitchen cabinets coming along Bill? .

All the cabinets are in,I still have to put the door pulls on though, plywood sub-counter tops are in. sink & new faucet's in temporary, microwave & dishwasher are in & plumbed up.

Temporary delay in counter top shopping due to snow.
Posted on: 2011/2/19 14:28

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
We bought AxWare which is a great program used by many SCCA and NCCC clubs around the country. It uses RaceTronics hardware which I understand is pretty good stuff.

Now I need to get other crap like more laptops, one for registration, one for timing, and one for announcer/admin. I also would like to incorporate bar-code scanners into the registration process but that would be an additional expense. I need printers, a wireless router, generator.... the list goes on and on. I think that our club needs to go strictly to doing autocross events if we really want to focus.

Yea, Racetronics has a good rep.

Our auto-x volunteers have to work with all that too, plus we have it all packed into an antique bus so thet timing & scoring, announcer, etc. are out of the weather. But the bus needs work every year.

In addition to the road race stuff this year, I'm going to be volunteering to work our new rallycross events, I'll be running the backhoe that fills in some of the ruts between runs.
Posted on: 2011/2/19 14:35

4543 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

Our auto-x volunteers have to work with all that too, plus we have it all packed into an antique bus so thet timing & scoring, announcer, etc. are out of the weather. But the bus needs work every year.

In addition to the road race stuff this year, I'm going to be volunteering to work our new rallycross events, I'll be running the backhoe that fills in some of the ruts between runs.

This stuff is real work!! We don't have a bus or a trailer or anything. Just two 10x10 canopies! I need to get a trailer for the club too!
Posted on: 2011/2/19 14:40

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

This stuff is real work!! We don't have a bus or a trailer or anything. Just two 10x10 canopies! I need to get a trailer for the club too!

We had the bus donated. We also have a Nissan SUV pacecar for the road races that was donated by Nissan.

Maybe you're Chev dealer that you work with has something that you could use and put his advertising on?
Posted on: 2011/2/19 14:51

4543 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
We had the bus donated. We also have a Nissan SUV pacecar for the road races that was donated by Nissan.

Maybe you're Chev dealer that you work with has something that you could use and put his advertising on?

What do you guys use the SUV for?
Posted on: 2011/2/19 15:41

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 02.19.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Slept in again, I should turn pro. It is a balmy 13 degrees - after a couple tastes of the 50's this week, it may as well be -100. And now they're honing the forecast to around 10 inches of snow for tomorrow. Ick. A week from now we'll be packing like mad to get ready for an early flight to Puerto Vallarta on the 27th. Maybe I could just sleep until then....

Marcus, sounds like that kid has a bright future in the NBA. Tom, hope you're feeling better soon!

Enjoy your Saturday, Gurus!
Posted on: 2011/2/19 15:51

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

What do you guys use the SUV for?

It's used as a Pace Car for starting road races.

Doubles as a safety vehicle at Time Trials and HPDE's, has a permanet tow strap, fire equipment,etc. And transports corner workers to their corner stations.
Posted on: 2011/2/19 15:54

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Wow....if anyone is thinking about an exhaust system for their pickup....DB is the way to go. I didn't have a clue as to what I was getting myself in to. 50 minutes later it's done. I did it all by myself and it sounds great!
Posted on: 2011/2/19 17:10

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 02.19.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Pics and clips or it didn't happen ;-)
Posted on: 2011/2/19 17:17

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Not sure how to do clips, but I can do pictures.
Posted on: 2011/2/19 22:36

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

The 4" bologna slash tips
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/toms94/detailing/dBexhaust2.jpg[/IMG]

The Muffler is a thing of beauty
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/toms94/detailing/dBexhaust1.jpg[/IMG]

The tips displaying the brand.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/toms94/detailing/dBexhaust4.jpg[/IMG]
Posted on: 2011/2/20 1:34

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.