Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
284 user(s) are online (237 user(s) are browsing Forums)

cor123, more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Saturday Chat 04.23.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Next week at this time I'll be getting ready to head for the port of Miami. Not that I'm counting down or anything. Sometimes there is just not enough hours in the day (nor the energy needed to do all that needs to be done). So the dump run got pushed back to today and the uptown attorney is stopping by the nursery to see if we wish to continue. I told the wife we should just let the deal follow it's course and collapse if that's what's to be. On this deal we were schooled on the back door practices of some realtors and the lies and deception that are employed to secure full commission. I think we have other options available and even though we could tighten some screws and pursue this property, the added expense negates any joy of ownership.I think we might just start looking for other distressed properties and deal directly with the listing agent or with the financial orginization holding the mortgage. Maybe even approach one homeowner directly. We have about 10 years left (maybe more) in the business before we paln to take it a little easier. Just trying to feather a nice nest to provide years of comfortable financial security in our retirement years. Although I have no issues taking it easier now, my wife turns 50 in September and still needs more funding to keep me in the lifestyle that I am becoming accustomed to. (jk) Hope to work on the 928 later today. We'll see. No rest for the weary. Up and at em. Let's get crackin!
Posted on: 2011/4/23 11:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 04.23.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Don't know if this is true or not. Don't really care. It's just a good story.

*Augusta, GA*

Orville Smith, a store manager for Best Buy in Augusta, Georgia, told police he observed a male customer, later identified as Tyrone Jackson of Augusta, on surveillance cameras putting a laptop computer under his jacket. When confronted, the man became irate, knocked down an employee, drew a knife and ran for the door.

Outside on the sidewalk were four Marines collecting toys for the "Toys for Tots" program. Smith said the Marines stopped the man, but he stabbed one of the Marines, Cpl. Phillip Duggan, in the back; the injury did not appear to be severe.

After police and an ambulance arrived at the scene, Cpl. Duggan was transported for treatment.

The subject was also transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken ankle, a broken leg, several missing teeth, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions, assorted lacerations, a broken nose and a broken jaw...injuries he sustained when he slipped and fell off of the curb after stabbing the Marine.

Now that was a well-written police report!!!
Posted on: 2011/4/23 11:50

biggrizzly Re: Saturday Chat 04.23.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning All.

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing today. Part of me wants to get down in the garage and install the transmission, the other half of me knows I have some more work inside the house to do today! The weather is damp and gloomy here today, so no outdoor fun to be had and we have no real Easter plans at this time.

Tommy - I have read the Augusta, GA story above before. I remember it because I used to use that BestBuy all the time when I lived in South Carolina. We were only about 25 minutes from Augusta and it was the nearest "big city" LOL
I have never Snoped the story but it's funny!

I hope you all have a good weekend - chat later
Posted on: 2011/4/23 13:00

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 04.23.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Rugrat #2 was up way too much last night. He ate a couple times which is out of his normal routine. I think he's going through a growth spurt (like he needs it). I don't think I can keep him fed and clothed at this point...he's already wearing 18 month clothing at 6 months. What will I do when he's a teenager? Lol.

I have to take rugrat #1 to gymnastics this morning. Hopefully she acts ok. Past few weeks she's had a meltdown because she will only workout with one of the coaches, who was away at meets. If that coach isn't there, she doesn't want to stay. Ugh.

Tonight we are going for sushi. I've been craving it for about 2 weeks now, so we're going with the BIL and his gf. Should be a nice meal.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
...still needs more funding to keep me in the lifestyle that I am becoming accustomed to.

You mean three porsches, two corvettes, and a fleet of other vehicles
Posted on: 2011/4/23 13:00

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Good Morning All.

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing today. Part of me wants to get down in the garage and install the transmission, the other half of me knows I have some more work inside the house to do today!

I haven't had a chance to work on the car, either Don, and it's buggin me. But with the crap weather we've had for the last 2 weeks there's no chance to drive it, anyway.
Posted on: 2011/4/23 13:02

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 04.23.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Rain today, eck.
At least it was nice enough to work on the pickup yesterday. I did the brakes, new pads and one new disc. I looked at the Chinese rotors at Autozone but just couldn't do it, bought a Raybestos rotor for more $$$.

Waiting for today's ambition to kick in....if it ever does.
Posted on: 2011/4/23 13:28

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 04.23.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Good morning guys....it's a much cooler weekend here low to mid 60's and cloudy, worst part about it is no rain predicted. I washed and cleaned the pickup yesterday, went to Good Friday services, went for a nice bicycle ride with the wife, worked in the shop a while and talked with the couple that bought the '77 vette. It was a full day.

Today, I'm going to try and hang a screen door for some folks and then work on some cabinets I started in the shop.

Something tells me that if I actually slow down in my life, I'll die. I'll never be able to afford to live
long anyway.

Matt, we had a daughter that acted that way with her swim coach for a while, very frustrating. I've read that story before, Tommy....I never snoped it either, it just a good story and I hope that it is true.

Have a great day!
Posted on: 2011/4/23 13:40

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 04.23.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14750 Posts

Morning Guru's! Tommy, I have the same attitude towards realators. They play both ends against the middle for their advantage. I always try to go around them if possible. Matt, I can give you an indepth discription of how it is when the little ones become the big ones. Hint, start stockpiling money now!

Yard work and regular work today since yesterday was my fun day with the car. Now that it is all done for the season I kinda miss not having something to do for it. Maybe some interior work.......where do you get those console pads I see some guys using?

Ok onward and upward, have a good Easter everybody!
Posted on: 2011/4/23 13:46

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

OK I did a snopes search and found that the article is based on fact, but some liberties were taken. Apparently the

Quote:
The subject was also transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken ankle, a broken leg, several missing teeth, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions, assorted lacerations, a broken nose and a broken jaw...injuries he sustained when he slipped and fell off of the curb after stabbing the Marine.

was added to the story. Everything else appears to be true.
Posted on: 2011/4/23 13:49

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Maybe some interior work.......where do you get those console pads I see some guys using?

That's on my to do list.

I don't care for the MidAmerica pads.

I plan on matching shift boot and arm rest cover.

http://www.redline-goods.com/C4shiftboot.shtm
Posted on: 2011/4/23 14:07

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 04.23.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14750 Posts

Nice stuff! Thanks Bill!
Posted on: 2011/4/23 14:33

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 04.23.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Gloomy here so far, but at least the rain has stopped. Gonna wash up the Vette to take the Mrs. to dinner later. Too wet to work in the yard today, so that'll have to wait.

I have one of those Redline shift boots, nothing too flashy - I put it in when I installed the Hurst shifter:
Resized Image

I have the MidAmerica console pad - it's very comfortable but a bit of a PITA since you can't open the console lid all the way.

Enjoy your Saturday, all!
Posted on: 2011/4/23 15:06

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Howdy! Gloomy here so far, but at least the rain has stopped.

The rain stopped here too, it's snowing like a mofo.

And I was working on the p/u outside in the warm sunshine yesterday.
Posted on: 2011/4/23 15:10

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

*plugs ears upon hearing the "s" word - lalalalalalalala*

I ordered one of these yesterday:

http://www.harborfreight.com/digital-inspection-camera-67979.html

Had a coupon for $79.99 - I've had a number of occasions where one of those would've come in handy, so I figured for 80 bucks I'd go ahead and get one.
Posted on: 2011/4/23 15:17

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
*plugs ears upon hearing the "s" word - lalalalalalalala*

http://www.harborfreight.com/digital-inspection-camera-67979.html

Had a coupon for $79.99 - I've had a number of occasions where one of those would've come in handy, so I figured for 80 bucks I'd go ahead and get one.

Those could be put in some amazing places.
Posted on: 2011/4/23 15:25

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

LMAO!
Posted on: 2011/4/23 16:04

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 04.23.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Headache of the day.

Alamo said we are responsible for a dent in the rental car we had in Boston. We jumped in the car at the airport and left assuming any scratches dents and any other issues with the rental were recorded. ... NOT ... Upon return a dent in the passenger side fender has been assessed to us. We did not do it. It's a he said she said now. There trying to hammer us for $432.00. $332 for damage. $50 admin fee $29 rental loss. I'm not of a clear enough mind to start my counter attack today so I'll save it for next week. Make sure you do a walk aroung and report any and all deficincies to the service reps. Boy, We must have a target on our back lately. Every swingin dick is takin a shot at the wallet.
Looks like I'm going to start by requesting supporting documentation. Pervious inspection reports, etc. Why did the airport service rep tell us when we dropped it off it had been previously reported? Why were we not notified then of our liability? This whole thing stinks of bullshit. I hate wssting my time on this kind of crap but I will because I don't just roll over. Time to start playing, Show me why you say it's us. Of course. I'll have to assess an admin fee.
Posted on: 2011/4/23 17:35

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

http://www.harborfreight.com/digital-inspection-camera-67979.html .

Attach file:

bmp  bp.bmp (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/4/23 17:54

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Bwahahahaha! Maybe Tommy's Alamo agent should be my first customer....
Posted on: 2011/4/23 18:15

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

That looks like a neat toy, Brad. Seemed to get really good reviews so let us know how it works out.

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/4/23 18:39

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

That's just BS Tommy. They'll try to do that kind of sh!t every time. I can think of a few uses for that camera Brad...

Well guys I did something this week I said that I'd never do....buy an IPod. You know ever since that IPad was 'issued' to me in January, I've kind of gotten the hang of it. I have been watching them on Ebay and finally got one that didn't break the bank. I got it in the mail this morning. I'm playing around with it now.....it's way more than an MP3 player, which until I got the IPad, that's what I thought they were. Anyway, for $120 I got what appears to be like a near new Gen 3 8Gb IPod. I'm updating the iOS to the latest version and then I'll put my music on it.
Posted on: 2011/4/23 21:26

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.