Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
277 user(s) are online (219 user(s) are browsing Forums)

cor123, more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Tuesday Chat 04.26.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33763 Posts

I just spent 20 minutes composing a great morning chat opening. Hit the button, exceeded time, rehit submit, internet explorer page. It was absolutely a written work of art. Once again something lost into the caverns of the internet abyss. From now on I'm gonna have to write it someplace else and cut copy and paste. Either that or just write some shallow shit and one or two word responses. What a waste of fricken time.
Posted on: 2011/4/26 9:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 04.26.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

*rubs eyes* I'll be back when my fingers are awake. Meanwhile I put an APB out on your post.
Posted on: 2011/4/26 10:37

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 04.26.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Tommy, if that happens you can try to use the "back" button and then copy and paste the text. Not sure if it works with IE, I use firefox. Every once in a while when I get a problem I just hit "resend data" and it usually takes it.

My wife has been in a bickering mood lately. I don't know why. The past week or so she wants to argue about everything. Doesn't matter what it is. Finally last night I asked her "why are you so confrontational" which of course she denied but I think the light bulb went on in her head. She has been ok since then. Maybe she didn't realize it. I just refuse to argue with her about the petty stuff which pisses her off even more....lol.

More rain today. May is right around the corner. Hopefully all these April showers will bring May flowers....and sun.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/4/26 11:45

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Good day to be a duck - cold and rainy. I had a nice time at the cruise-in last night. Met one guy who had a fiberglass Willys with a blown Chevy engine - he was just starting to finish off the interior and explained in excruciating detail how he was going to do the headliner. Met another guy with a really cool '55 Chev. He had bought it in 1967 - the guy he bought it from was turning it into a drag car, with radiused rear wheel openings and a tilt front-end. The car had no engine or transmission at the time he bought it. Shortly thereafter, a friend rolled a Charger with a 440 in it - the car was totaled, but the drivetrain was good, so he bought it. So he has a '55 Chev with a Dodge 440 and a 9-inch Ford rear-end. Very cool car. And he knows a guy who is building Matt's dream car - a Nissan Cube with rear-wheel drive and an LS9.

Have a good day, everyone!
Posted on: 2011/4/26 12:31

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

One reason I live in Minnesota:

http://tinyurl.com/3by3q9l
Posted on: 2011/4/26 12:50

crash Re: Tuesday Chat 04.26.11
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

good morning gurus. its raining here in the big mo. guess ill go into town and get my ears lowered. stop by the gun shop { or as rosie calls it the toy box} then ill get the oil changed on the big truck. then come home and see what i can find to do.
have a good day gurus
rich
Posted on: 2011/4/26 13:04

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 04.26.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14751 Posts

Dude, that would get your attention! Minnesota is a lot safer. And you have fish on a stick......

Tommy that was what happened to me the other day. Usually when it says you have timed out you just hit submit again and it goes through. Not this time. I lost a profound post that would have made everyones life better. Pissed me off.

Speaking of pissed off, it's rainy and foggy here today. I let the help off again which they don't like because they lose hours. There is nothing to do. I have had them rearrange the warehouse twice now and even help me clean up the shop and service the trucks. I am tired of trying to find work for them. We need SUNSHINE and we need it now!

Matt it's the weather making everyone grummpy I think. After all winter being cooped up we want to get out and live. We all have to dig deep so we aren't snapping at everybody. Who didn't do the dishes last night dammit!

I think I will spend all day on the Guru net, that should keep me out of trouble. Try and have a good one guys, hope this posts.....
Posted on: 2011/4/26 13:13

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

biggrizzly Re: Tuesday Chat 04.26.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Morning guys.... I'm late for good mornings but at least I'm here. I have to run to the MVA today on the govt. dime. I tried to get DOD stickers for access to the new office yesterday. The dude at the sticker shop said he couldn't read the year on my vehicle registration so he couldn't give me stickers... Damn! I told him he could look at the registration plate on the car and that would confirm the date on the registration certificate. No... that was not in the regulation! Gimme a break dude. Now I got to run all over hell and back to get a little sticker to let me on base.
OK, whining is officially over!

It is a nice day today and I'll try to enjoy the drive down to the MVA for lunch.

Matt - Its hormones!! Wait until she gets around 50yo -- it only gets worse before it gets better!! LOL
Posted on: 2011/4/26 14:02

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 04.26.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33763 Posts

I've been the grumpy one lately. My wife asked me early this morning. What could be so important on the computer at 4:30 in the morning. I held up a letter to Alamo Rent A Car I had just written. (I didn't even say anything) Then it started. She said "I can't even talk to you anymore without you jumping down my throat". Keep in mind .... I said nothing. Just presented what I was doing. Must have shown it to her with attitude. She always calls when I'm doing something, (which is almost always) and asks me if I can do something else. So ya, I guess I cop an attitude. I spend every Sunday doing whatever she likes. Believe me it's never enough. Saturday night after working 12 hours in the sun, she asked me if I wanted to go to a pub and listen to a band with her friend. I just wanted to sit on my ass and rest in the cool A/C. "You never want to do anything anymore" she said. Keep in mind I'm a recovering alcoholic 10 years clean and she asks me if I want to go to a bar.

WTF!

STFU! already ......
Posted on: 2011/4/26 14:11

BillH Re: Tuesday Chat 04.26.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

After loosing a couple posts, I always copy the text after getting the "exceded time limit".

60's and 70's, sunshine here for the rest of the week.
Posted on: 2011/4/26 14:12

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I've been the grumpy one lately. My wife asked me early this morning. What could be so important on the computer at 4:30 in the morning. I held up a letter to Alamo Rent A Car I had just written. (I didn't even say anything) Then it started. She said "I can't even talk to you anymore without you jumping down my throat". Keep in mind .... I said nothing. Just presented what I was doing. Must have shown it to her with attitude. She always calls when I'm doing something, (which is almost always) and asks me if I can do something else. So ya, I guess I cop an attitude. I spend every Sunday doing whatever she likes. Believe me it's never enough. Saturday night after working 12 hours in the sun, she asked me if I wanted to go to a pub and listen to a band with her friend. I just wanted to sit on my ass and rest in the cool A/C. "You never want to do anything anymore" she said. Keep in mind I'm a recovering alcoholic 10 years clean and she asks me if I want to go to a bar.

WTF!

STFU! already ......

You're always welcome to come out and sit on my deck for a couple of days.

Tell her it's a "business trip".
Posted on: 2011/4/26 14:15

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33763 Posts

Most of the time on post submissions and will submit on the second try. Sometimes .... and always when it was a long well constructed post, it will just dissappear and show the white IE screen which is the kiss of death. Going back brings you to an empty post box. Just like you were never there. An option when you have the highlighted took to long for submission box is to copy the post, open a new reply, paste it and hit submit. That always works. The hitting submit a second time is hit or miss.
Posted on: 2011/4/26 14:18

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33763 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

I'm gonna take you up on that one of these days Bill.

Serious.
Posted on: 2011/4/26 14:23

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 04.26.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12371 Posts

Morning guys....Gee, I'm glad that my wife isn't that way....yea right. I just learn to say as little as possible. She gets on a roll, look out, everyone and everything is a target. I've lost a few good posts...even using FireFox. I figure it must not have been politically correct or something and usually just give up on that one and write something shallow. Don, doesn't that just toast your cookies? By the book 100%

We had a whole .25" of rain yesterday, today they are saying we have an 80% chance for rain, so that means it will be dry. Sun is shining brightly and it's a cool 47 presently. I have a dental appointment this afternoon, just a routine cleaning and check (I hope).

I don't know how many of you guys read my post from late the other night, but I'll repeat it here and get feedback.

Well guys I did something this week I said that I'd never do....buy an IPod. You know ever since that IPad was 'issued' to me in January, I've kind of gotten the hang of it. I have been watching them on Ebay and finally got one that didn't break the bank. I got it in the mail Saturday. I've been playing around with it .....it's way more than an MP3 player, which until I got the IPad, that's what I thought they were. Anyway, for $120 I got what appears to be like a near new Gen 3 8Gb IPod Touch. I updated the iOS to the latest version and then I put my music on it. It's quite the handy little toy. What's your take on them?
Posted on: 2011/4/26 14:37

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

I'm gonna take you up on that one of these days Bill.

Serious.

If you time it right, you could spend a day thrashing a rental car around the track at a SCCA event. It's a great way to relax.
Posted on: 2011/4/26 14:59

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Tom, I got my wife an iPod Touch a few years ago for Christmas - it's a handy little gizmo, indeed. Wish I would've paid $120 for it, though ;-)
Posted on: 2011/4/26 15:19

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33763 Posts

I could barely operate the clip on cassette player with headphones and your talking iPads and iPods.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 16:38

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 04.26.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14751 Posts

How come the thing times out on a post anyway? Just tell it to quit doing that.
Posted on: 2011/4/26 17:03

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I could barely operate the clip on cassette player with headphones and your talking iPads and iPods.

Yea, I'm still debating getting one of them "on the ear" phones.

Attach file:

jpg  old_cell_phone.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/4/26 17:13

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 04.26.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Tommy - you can try hitting the reload button instead of back when that happens.

Marcus - we don't know why it does that, some glitch we can't control.

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/4/26 22:59

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.