Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
217 user(s) are online (193 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Ruby
Refers to 1993 Anniversary Editions.

These are the actual cars honored as anniversary cars. They have RPO Z25 to prove it....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

NC Kid Im getting ILASKIK in June
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Early Birthday Present To Myself. I have -4.15 Vision in contacts and glasses. My allergies have been so bad that my eyelids looked like "cobblestone" according to my Eye doctor of 8 years. I trust this man with my life. Hes great, honest, fair and a good man. I researched doctors and the surgeon I found is in charlotte. Hes #1 in NC and apparently one of the top surgeons in US.

Dr Chrisenburry. He does custom Ilasik so that means the surgery is made for MY eyes and not that generic Lasik. It's pretty new but 98% of his patients get 20/20 or better. 50% have gotten better than 20/20.

I got my FREE consultation. Great employees, great surgeon. Had a ton of test done on my eyes. My corneas are good and thick and I am a great canidate. I get 6 months of free visits/follow ups and free touch up surgery if needed.

Anyone have Ilasik bladeless surgery? My appointmens is June 7th. Put down my payment and I am ready to go!

Inputs???
Posted on: 2012/5/10 15:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Durango_Boy Re: Im getting ILASKIK in June
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

I had custom PRK Lasik. They had to remove my cornea and shave off a tiny layer, then reattach, and correct with the laser. Wife tried to watch on a monitor and said she about passed out. LOL.

I ended up with usable vision somewhere between 20/20 and 20/15. Well worth the money.
Posted on: 2012/5/10 15:15

bastet44 Re: Im getting ILASKIK in June
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

What's the difference between Ilasik and PRK Lasik? I always thought lasik was lasik.
Posted on: 2012/5/10 16:52

bogus Re: Im getting ILASKIK in June
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

PRK sounds more like a cataract procedure than a lasik procedure... interesting.

Lasik, as I always understood, as it was developed by the Russians some 25 years ago, was to cut small radial slices in the iris or cornea or something to correct the warpage of the eyeball or something.

It is a generally proven technology, I know a few folks that have had it done. 20/20? They claim it, but I don't many that have attained it, then again, they were all nearing 50, so youth might have an unknown healing advantages.

I do wear glasses... hate contacts!!!
Posted on: 2012/5/10 17:24

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

95Vert Re: Im getting ILASKIK in June
Senior Guru
Aiken, SC
440 Posts

Ok, you guys should go to Wikipedia and check out the LASIK article. Its a good first start.

RK or radial keratonomy was started by the Russians long ago. It does make the small cuts. Not done anymore from what I understand.

Today, PRK is done or LASIK and both are variations on each other. I believe with PRK, they ablate the cornea and then you get to wear a clear lens over it while the cornea heals. That may be an oversimplification.

I had the IntraLASIK done in March where only lasers are used, no mechanical knife as in regular LASIK. My doc was also one of the top recommended practitioners and only worked with the complete laser surgery. Had been doing this since the '70's and taught this surgery.

He determined before surgery that my eyesight would be 20/20 far and that I would need reading glasses for near as opposed to one eye far and one near sighted. So now I wear reading glasses for close up work.

The process is simple, recovery is remarkably fast and two days after my surgery I was released for driving. I drove up to Greenville to get the MINI serviced. No issues. Night time I had the halo effect but that goes away. They'll tell you that. Get the drops for dry eye and use them. Its part of the recovery period.

All in all, I'd worn contacts for 35 years. This is much better and when I'm working in a car in the driveway or int he junkyard, no worries about a contact slipping out!!!
Posted on: 2012/5/10 20:31

"Send lawyers, guns and money..."

NC Kid Re: Im getting ILASKIK in June
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Im very very nervous and counting down the days. My glasses are awful. The contacts are worse....My allergies have ruined it to where I can't wear contacts....The glasses fog up even though they have special glass put in which cost $$$. If you look side to side without moving your head, it's still blurry since theres no glass on the side I can't wear my Rayband Aviators my gf got me. Shes not to happy about it.

Gf: I wasted 150.00 on something you won't wear?

Me: I have glasses. Cant wear contacts

Gf: Oh, well thats different but I am still sad.

Me: Women: Cant live with em and can't live without em

Please keep any advice/complaints posted. Trying to keep myself together and hoping for the best.

Posted on: 2012/5/11 21:45

Fredbird Re: Im getting ILASKIK in June
Senior Guru
San Antonio, Texas
103 Posts

I had LASIK almost 7 years ago... One of the best decisions I have made.

My only side effect at the beginning was a bit of dry eye. Some drops took care of that.

Don't worry... The prep literally takes way longer than the actual procedure. I think the actual procedure took less than 5 minutes per eye from cut to zap to flap closure.
Posted on: 2012/5/15 2:57

Matatk Re: Im getting ILASKIK in June
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

Good luck!
Posted on: 2012/5/15 3:06

bogus Re: Im getting ILASKIK in June
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

NC Kid wrote:
Im very very nervous and counting down the days. My glasses are awful. The contacts are worse....My allergies have ruined it to where I can't wear contacts....The glasses fog up even though they have special glass put in which cost $$$. If you look side to side without moving your head, it's still blurry since theres no glass on the side I can't wear my Rayband Aviators my gf got me. Shes not to happy about it.

Gf: I wasted 150.00 on something you won't wear?

Me: I have glasses. Cant wear contacts

Gf: Oh, well thats different but I am still sad.

Me: Women: Cant live with em and can't live without em

Please keep any advice/complaints posted. Trying to keep myself together and hoping for the best.

you can get prescription lenses for the Ray Bans...
Posted on: 2012/5/15 3:27

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.