Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
337 user(s) are online (273 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Vette
Shorthand notation for Corvette. See also vert and vertte. Usually preceeded by a "'", as in 'vette....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

JrRifleCoach Just in case your not paying attention.... potus firsts
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

• First President to Violate the War Powers Act (Unilaterally Executing American Military Operations in Libya Without Informing Congress In the Required Time Period - Source: Huffington Post)
• First President to Triple the Number of Warrantless Wiretaps of U.S. Citizens (Source: ACLU)
• First President to Sign into Law a Bill That Permits the Government to "Hold Anyone Suspected of Being Associated With Terrorism Indefinitely, Without Any Form of Due Process. No Indictment. No Judge or Jury. No Evidence. No Trial. Just an Indefinite Jail Sentence" (NDAA Bill - Source: Business Insider)

• First President to Refuse to Tell the Public What He Did For Eight (8) Hours After Being Informed That a U.S. Ambassador Was Facing Imminent Death During a Terror Attack (Source: Mediate)
• First President to Lie About the Reason For an Ambassador's Death, Blaming it on an Internet Video Rather Than What He Knew to be the Case: the Al Qaeda-linked Terror Group Ansar al-Sharia (Source: House Oversight Committee, et. al.)
• First President to Have an Innocent Filmmaker Thrown in Jail After Lying About the Cause for a Deadly Attack on U.S. Diplomats, Using the Filmmaker as a Scapegoat (Source: CNN)

• First President to Use the IRS to "Unfairly Target Political Enemies" as Well as Jewish Groups (Source: Sen. Ted Cruz)
• First President to Unlawfully Seize Telephone Records of More than 100 Reporters to Intimidate and/or Bully Them (Source: Associated Press)
• First President to Witness a Single Cabinet Secretary Commit Multiple Hatch Act Violations Without Acting, Speaking Out, Disciplining or Firing That Person (Source: New York Times)

• First President to Have His Attorney General Held in Criminal Contempt of Congress For His Efforts to Cover Up Operation Fast and Furious, That Killed Over 300 Individuals (Source: Politico)
• First President to claim Executive Privilege to shield a sitting Attorney General from a Contempt of Congress finding for perjury and withholding evidence from lawful subpoenas (Source: Business Insider)
• First President to Issue Unlawful "Recess-Appointments" Over a Long Weekend -- While the U.S. Senate Remained in Session (against the advice of his own Justice Department - Source: United States Court of Appeals)

• First President to Fire an Inspector General of Americorps for Catching One of His Friends in a Corruption Case (Source: Gawker)
• First President to "Order a Secret Amnesty Program that Stopped the Deportations of Illegal Immigrants Across the U.S., Including Those With Criminal Convictions" (Source: DHS documents uncovered by Judicial Watch)
• First President to Sue States for Enforcing Voter ID Requirements, Which Were Previously Ruled Legal by the U.S. Supreme Court (Source: CNN)

• First President to Encourage Racial Discrimination and Intimidation at Polling Places (the New Black Panthers voter intimidation case, Source: Investors Business Daily)
• First President to Refuse to Comply With a House Oversight Committee Subpoena (Source: Heritage Foundation)
• First President to Arbitrarily Declare an Existing Law Unconstitutional and Refuse to Enforce It (Defense of Marriage Act - Source: ABC News)

• First President to Increase Surveillance of American Citizen Under the Patriot Act by 1,000 Percent in Four Years (Source: NBC News)
• First President to Demand a Company Hand Over $20 Billion to One of His Political Appointees (BP Oil Spill Relief Fund - Source: Fox News)
• First President to Have a Law Signed By an 'Auto-pen' Without Being "Present" (Source: The New York Times)
Posted on: 2013/7/18 5:30
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

captmike13 Re: Just in case your not paying attention.... potus firsts
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Here's a link to some more of his Firsts.
Posted on: 2013/7/18 10:35

captmike13@yahoo.com

BillH Re: Just in case your not paying attention.... potus firsts
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

First president to spend a million dollars of our money on a round of golf.
Posted on: 2013/7/18 13:21

Ultraman Re: Just in case your not paying attention.... potus firsts
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

Holy moly.....51% of households don't pay taxes.....WTF....that would be me in the 49%......I'm a forty-niner......
Posted on: 2013/7/18 16:21

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: Just in case your not paying attention.... potus firsts
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

that's CRAZY!
Posted on: 2013/7/18 17:39

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

bogus Re: Just in case your not paying attention.... potus firsts
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I wonder... Didn't the Patriot Act of 2001 institute some of those "firsts"?

Then there was the Anti-Sedition Act of 1917... much the same thing...

I am not a fan of Obama, I am just sick and tired of this constant bitching and moaning... the man is a lame duck, get us some QUALITY candidates for 2016 and then lets talk.

I don't want to see Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachman's name anywhere near the ballot, either... same goes for Hillary.

Keep the Tea Party extremists out, keep the leftists out and give us some good old fashioned moderates who might actually be willing to negotiate and get something done.

yes, I am tired of this shit. Seriously tired...
Posted on: 2013/7/18 20:51

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Scott7 Re: Just in case your not paying attention.... potus firsts
Senior Guru
Aurora, CO
169 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:

I am not a fan of Obama, I am just sick and tired of this constant bitching and moaning... the man is a lame duck, get us some QUALITY candidates for 2016 and then lets talk.

I don't want to see Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachman's name anywhere near the ballot, either... same goes for Hillary.

Keep the Tea Party extremists out, keep the leftists out and give us some good old fashioned moderates who might actually be willing to negotiate and get something done.

Yes and well said. Like yourself I'm so seriously tired of this BS crap we seem to have to put up with daily.
Posted on: 2013/7/19 13:30

Matatk Re: Just in case your not paying attention.... potus firsts
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

I am not a political person, but regardless if the president is democract or republican, they all do stupid things; some on their own accord, some they are told to do. I always take these sort of internet accounts with a grain of salt.
Posted on: 2013/7/19 14:15

vetteblondie Re: Just in case your not paying attention.... potus firsts
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Quote:

Scott7 wrote:
Quote:

bogus wrote:

Yes and well said. Like yourself I'm so seriously tired of this BS crap we seem to have to put up with daily.

Agreed, well said....
Posted on: 2013/7/20 0:46

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

JrRifleCoach Re: Just in case your not paying attention.... potus firsts
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Quote:
bogus wrote: I am not a fan of Obama,

LOL!

Posted on: 2013/7/27 6:09

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.