Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
250 user(s) are online (203 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  A4
Generic reference to an automatic equipped C4. All are 4-speed overdrive units....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

BillH ObamaCare
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Three young tech guys decide to build a website that will let you look at the health care plan costs. It took them 3 DAYS to build the website. laughing9laughing6

www.the healthsherpa.com

And there's still people out there that thiink the government should be running this. scratch

Posted on: 2013/11/26 16:04

Ultraman Re: ObamaCare
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

Hi....I'm from the Government and I'm here to help you......
Posted on: 2013/11/26 16:09

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: ObamaCare
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Hi....I'm from the Government and I'm here to help you......

Yea, like they helped the Baltimore Ravens, gave em $130k to promote OBCare.
Posted on: 2013/11/26 16:11

bogus Re: ObamaCare
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I am a Systems Analyst. I have been a programmer, system designer and engineer for 30 years - I took my first programming class in HS in Sept 1982. In that time, I have ridden everything from a main frame to web sites,

It is laudable that these young men put up a site. The trick is this - havs 5 million people at the same time.

It's no easy task to design and implement something that dealing with that much traffic and data.

The number of servers needed is astounding. ]
Posted on: 2013/11/26 16:28

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

vetteblondie Re: ObamaCare
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Agreed but wouldn't it have also been a matter of common sense to have known there'd be 5 million people and planned for that and had dedicated servers in place?
Posted on: 2013/11/27 3:49

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

it's software... if it was perfect, Window's wouldn't have weekly updates.

Posted on: 2013/11/27 4:05

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

LOL!!!!!
Posted on: 2013/11/27 4:15

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Yea, software.

Software developed by an incompetent company (CGI)who had a proven track record of developing healthcare software that doesn't work, then getting additional contracts to try and fix it (with the exception of Canada who told CGI to shove it and scrapped the whole program).

Software that wasn't even beta tested so that political commitments could be kept. And that the administration knew beforehand wouldn't work.

Software that was only 69-70% complete (not "being tested and debugged, not "running with weekly updates") NOT written, not built yet.

Software called "A Hacker's Wey Dream" by McAfee.
Posted on: 2013/11/27 14:33

Huskerland
14738 Posts

Amen.....Preach it Brother.....
Posted on: 2013/11/27 15:15

BrianCunningham Re: ObamaCare
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Posted on: 2013/11/27 20:29

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Today's update:

The administration is suggesting that people DON'T go on the website on Black Friday or ObamaCare Saturday/

Why?

They're afraid the if 250,000 go on the website, it will crash.

Funny that they need 250k PER DAY to sign up if this is going to work................

Interesting Note:

Amazon.com expects 7,700,000 people to be on their website on Friday.
Posted on: 2013/11/28 2:25

GRIS Re: ObamaCare
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7645 Posts

I KEEP SEEING THIS HEADLINE:
Obamacare: A Target of Scam Artists

HARDLY A SURPRISE, AS IT WAS CREATED BY SCAM ARTISTS.
Posted on: 2013/11/29 15:14

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: ObamaCare
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Another term could easily solve the problem.

4 MORE YEARS!

4 MORE YEARS!

4 MORE YEARS!

http://news.yahoo.com/presidential-te ... -democracy-192726518.html
Posted on: 2013/11/30 23:51

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

4 MORE YEARS!

4 MORE YEARS!

4 MORE YEARS!

http://news.yahoo.com/presidential-te ... -democracy-192726518.html

Yea, from a professor.........whoda thunk it.

4 more years of this fool and we'd be speaking Chinese.
Posted on: 2013/12/1 1:51

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7645 Posts

[quote]
TommyT-Bone wrote:

20 YEARS TO LIFE?
Posted on: 2013/12/1 15:03

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

4 MORE BEERS!

4 MORE BEERS!

4 MORE BEERS!

Posted on: 2013/12/1 15:30

JrRifleCoach Re: ObamaCare
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

This will spin Andy out of control;

Many in the military are discussing the very real possibility that Obama will attempt to stay in office beyond two terms. It is being speculated that Obama will do this by declaring a state of martial law. The easiest way to declare martial law is when there is massive civil unrest and riots throughout the United States. Thus, it is believed that Obama and his regime will intentionally create a situation of massive civil unrest. Some believe he has already started to implement that strategy by forcing Obamacare on everyone (when the populace did not ask for it and less than 300 people in power voted for it). Perhaps the Obama Administration is not too concerned over the totally dysfunctional Obamacare website and the additional fact that millions will be dropped from their existing insurance policies which they already had and liked. The Obama Administration may not care if getting health care becomes more difficult and more expensive because it is all leading toward civil unrest. It is believed by some that Obamacare will only get worse and worse and then in 2 to 3 years when people have a very difficult time getting medical treatment for themselves or their loved ones, people will get enraged.

Posted on: 2013/12/1 23:51
As democracy is perfected, the POTUS represents more closely the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a fool and narcissistic moron.

Huskerland
14738 Posts

Yeah.....that's a little far out there for even me to believe but I still think he is a Muslim plant and the key figure in disrupting our system from within.....
Posted on: 2013/12/2 0:00

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Nah, he's just an idiot.
Posted on: 2013/12/2 0:30

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:
This will spin Andy out of control;

Many in the military are discussing the very real possibility that Obama will attempt to stay in office beyond two terms. It is being speculated that Obama will do this by declaring a state of martial law. The easiest way to declare martial law is when there is massive civil unrest and riots throughout the United States. Thus, it is believed that Obama and his regime will intentionally create a situation of massive civil unrest. Some believe he has already started to implement that strategy by forcing Obamacare on everyone (when the populace did not ask for it and less than 300 people in power voted for it). Perhaps the Obama Administration is not too concerned over the totally dysfunctional Obamacare website and the additional fact that millions will be dropped from their existing insurance policies which they already had and liked. The Obama Administration may not care if getting health care becomes more difficult and more expensive because it is all leading toward civil unrest. It is believed by some that Obamacare will only get worse and worse and then in 2 to 3 years when people have a very difficult time getting medical treatment for themselves or their loved ones, people will get enraged.

True or not, it's not more far fetched than most of the Anti Obama misinformation I see circulating in forwarded emails. I want this administration to end as much as many do. The next one isn't going to perform any miracles either. The mess inherited isn't so much Obama's mess as it is the mess created over the past 50+ years. The freedoms and calls for humanity in this country have doomed it to fail. You can't even stand up for something today without pissing a bunch of people off.
Posted on: 2013/12/2 3:08

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

If civil uprising would occur, can't congress make him step down with the understanding that he is the cause of the uprising?
Posted on: 2013/12/2 5:14

Resized Image

Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Blondie, here is a man that has selectively over powered laws at his bidding with complete freedom from his dept of justice.
No, this kongress will not stand in his way.

These are not predictions, just to say that as the months wain on changes are being made that have all the flavor of anarchy from within. Inside out. Upside down.
I hope its all wrong, as I care NOT to want to believe any of this.
Only time will tell the truth.
Posted on: 2013/12/2 5:34
As democracy is perfected, the POTUS represents more closely the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a fool and narcissistic moron.

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7645 Posts

AND THEN THERE IS THE PURGE OF THE MILITARY, THE MILITARIZATION OF POLICE FORCES, PROLIFERATION OF ARMED FEDERAL AGENCIES, PUSH FOR UNIVERSAL FIREARM REGISTRATION, AND MASSIVE AMMO BUYS BY NON-MILITARY EXECUTIVE BRANCH AGENCIES.

STRAWS IN THE WIND?

Posted on: 2013/12/2 14:20

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I would have to say yes.

There are just too many protections built into our system for any of those things to occur. Period. End of story.

I also promise you that if the military was purged, that the military would pull off a coup de'etat very quickly.

I personally feel that these rants and beliefs are being propagated by the very far right as pure poison.

I may not agree with Obama's policies, but at the same time, I do not see anything that makes be feel something like this was coming down the pike.

It would be a major shock if it occurred... and I don't think he has enough people on this planet to support him to pull it off.

I mean, our active and reserve military is still around 2 million people, globally. How could that be done? Do you think that the nuclear subs would just come home and quit? Fat chance.

For this to work, he would need a private army of about 4 million troops. And that would be a conservative guess.

Posted on: 2013/12/2 23:54

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Back to the subject.

Today with Alice in Healthcare Land.

With the self imposed deadline come and gone , the administration is very happy with the website improvement. They're touting 400 improvements.

Now, people aren't getting the error massage.........the Pres's spokesman was quick to point out the there's a difference between "error" and query.

When you try and enroll, you still can't, you're put into a query.............that's "we'll put you into a webspace closet and get back to you when we get our act together".

A the private security (the guys who testified before Congress) guys say that the 15 things they found that give hackers access are still there.

And the "enrollment files" going to the insurance companies are so flawed that these companies can't do anything with them (if they get them),

No wonder the Dems are smiling.
Posted on: 2013/12/3 0:39

Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
I would have to say yes.

There are just too many protections built into our system for any of those things to occur. Period. End of story.

I also promise you that if the military was purged, that the military would pull off a coup de'etat very quickly.

Andy, Just Google "military leaders fired"
It's all over the internet, just not on your main stream media

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/ ... f-militarys-top-generals/

Quote:

bogus wrote:
I personally feel that these rants and beliefs are being propagated by the very far right as pure poison.

That's about how I expected you'd reply.

Moving on . . . .
Posted on: 2013/12/3 1:07

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:
Quote:

bogus wrote:
I would have to say yes.

Andy, Just Google "military leaders fired"
It's all over the internet, just not on your main stream media

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/ ... f-militarys-top-generals/

Quote:

bogus wrote:

That's about how I expected you'd reply.

Moving on . . . .

And you replied exactly as I expected.

How are we supposed to believe any media? Seriously.

If the right is bitching that CNN and such are owned by Obama, then their news is tainted.

If the news being sent to us via the right wing is supposed to be "fair and balanced", how can we be sure?

The far right media, if you want to use that term, is more prone to sending out bullshit meme's with crap about senators getting lifetime salaries... half truths concocted with innuendo, intermixed with something so extreme it must be a lie, but a lie so big, idiots believe it.

As an aside, I did read the link, and followed a couple of other links... If this is true, it is most disturbing.

But at the same time, I just don't see him having enough time to pull off a wholesale coup. I don't see how our system of checks and balances can allow it to happen. The president does not have the authority to manipulate the Supreme Court, beyond putting people on it. And at this rate, I don't see any of the right leaning justices leaving their seat until after Obama is out.

As for the Legislative, there is no provision to terminate it, that I am aware of, in the constitution, and for his coup to fully work, it would require a lot of machinations that would be way to obvious.

Firing the Generals... hm... If legit, then good. If not legit, then bad... And with any story, there are three sides, your's, mine and the truth... if a general was kicked because of drinking issues, or sexual actions, good. But if he then claims "politics"... I would like to see facts, I guess. And to extend your logic, then any fact is suspect, because the case is all trumped up anyway, right?

This is what I call "paranoia." A little bit is healthy, I am worried that the far right is getting genuinely whacked on it.

I have said before, I am not a raging liberal, I am a moderate, and I am afraid that in the eyes of some, being a moderate is akin to being a liberal. Which is really fucked up.

I have made a personal decision, I am leaving both the GOP and the Democrat parties behind. I am joining the Modern Whig Party.

They are socially to the left, and fiscally conservative. Call them conservative democrats, if that oxymoron makes sense.

They are much like the Libertarians, but without Lyndon LaRouche... his stain still harms the Libertarians.

Posted on: 2013/12/3 3:02

Elite Guru
1524 Posts

You've got too much hair to join the Whhhhig party.
I on the other hand, am follicle impaired and a Constitutional Conservative.
I read both sides and Love to hear lefties make asses of themselves.
The likes of "chuckie" "diane" "barb" and "rangler".

But as the OP originally opened.
I suggest we follow the money trail to the founders of the obamacare website.
Whacha bet there's somebodies husband, wife or relative of the "occupy" movement filling their pockets.

Posted on: 2013/12/3 4:38

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I am not sure why this was locked.

My basic premise is that short of personal attacks and flames, a thread isn't locked. It violates my first rules of free speech and fair play.

I may not agree with Steve. Steve may not agree with me. But it hasn't stopped us from being friends for quite a few years...

so I am going to take the step and unlock this thread.
Posted on: 2013/12/3 16:18

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Oh, Steve - as for "follow the money"... no shit... this is politics. Both sides have been playing that game for YEARS.

What pisses me off about the ACA more than anything is the way the act was forced down our throats without enough built in protections to stop some of games the insurance companies are playing.
Posted on: 2013/12/3 16:23

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Your site , your rules.
Posted on: 2013/12/3 16:25

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Both Andy and Coach are responding exactly like I thought they would.
Posted on: 2013/12/3 16:30

Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Just cause we can't agree, doesn't mean we can't be friends.
We both like guns and cars. He's just a bit screwed up in the head.
Posted on: 2013/12/3 18:17

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

speak for your self, you crazy tea party nut case.
Posted on: 2013/12/3 19:43

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

feeling the love.

If you ever saw us together, you have no clue...

Steve is truly one of the good guys, and I will say this, I think our debates do open each other up to alternative perspectives.
Posted on: 2013/12/3 19:44

Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Posted on: 2013/12/4 17:18

Elite Guru
1524 Posts

For Andy

The anointed one is losing ground. Not reported by the MSM.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politi ... ma-and-obamacare-20131204
Posted on: 2013/12/5 17:05

Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Posted on: 2013/12/5 21:54

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I come back to my prior statement... just because YOU believe the news to be right, doesn't mean it is.

This is why I have little faith in any news outlet. I look for anything that resembles a consistent story... if things start to stick, then I might just believe it.

Each side in this game has a lot to lose and a lot to gain. Controlling media has always been the first step to controlling the people.

In this case, I see both sides playing the spin game... which, by the way, is a nice way of saying "Propaganda."

One persons propaganda is another persons lie.

I can sniff out lies... they usually are so brash and out there, that they reveal themselves. My radar gets to pinging and I start researching... I check snopes and other sites of that nature. Only once I have I come up with something that resembles a consistent message do I challenge.

Does this take a lot of time? Nah, not really. Google rocks. And yes, Google brings up many sides with associated info, being a left wing or right wing blog.

And I don't care which way the story goes. If it's true, I will acknowledge that. If not, I will share that info.

What pisses me off are people spreading lies and bullshit through email because, like I said above, THEY WANT TO BELIEVE IT TO BE REAL.

I would also take the Tea Party much more seriously if they didn't keep parading fucking idiots out for the duck shoot.

First came Palin... arrogant, stupid, ignorant and ill prepared for the national stage. She has great legs. As soon as she went sideways on Paul Revere's ride, I was done.

Then came Michelle Bachmann... more great legs... but no gray matter.

Now we have this Ted Cruz idiot...

And all along, the religious right has been pontificating about their desire to rule... telling us that woman can't get knocked up when raped... Rick Santorium was more concerned about banning porn than fixing the economy.

Enough already! We need people who have real brains. People who can make reasoned decisions based on empirical data and not some half-assed, shoot from the hip belief that has not basis in reality.

And I blame both parties for this. I genuinely do. And I don't really care if Obama is getting lambasted in the right wing media, or loved in the mainstream... I could really care less anymore... not that I really did before...

And for some reason Steve, you think I am so damned liberal that any mention of a tax cut sends me into a tizzy... wrong answer.

I simply want a government that is run by the people, for the people. Not special interest, not some mega church, not some shadow organization at Harvard.

I want a government that isn't bogged down by three layers of garbage. I want a government that is agile, limber, quick to react to changes, but reasoned to make the right decisions.

The far right bitches that the left is taking away rights... well, sure, they are, because both sides are. Sneaky things like the Patriot act... all in the name of "security."

And it's gone too far. I don't need everything I say being recorded by the NSA... And then interpreted wrongly... using the wrong combination of words in the same paragraph becomes a flag for something totally out of context.

Enough of the far right trying to socially reboot our society back to 1921. I want equal rights for all. Homosexuality isn't a disease. Being different only causes the ignorant to shiver. Fear of the incomprehensible is very powerful. I do not want to see us fall into another dark ages because of ignorance and fear.

I am a fan of science fiction... and I realize that if an alien culture decided to make first contact, I would hope they had the decency to leave. We are not mature enough... when 1/5th of the population believe in a religion that hasn't accepted cultural change in some 400 years, we may NEVER mature enough.

We need to fix education. It's been a mess for 50+ years and it's time to truly fix it.

Our nations infrastructure needs fixed and we need to look closely at our energy dependence.

We need a healthcare system that might actually WORK for the people, not for some corporate investor.

We need to look at regulations that strangle industry and commercial growth.

These are the real issues... the rest is just noise.
Posted on: 2013/12/6 0:54

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7645 Posts

POOR ANDY! YOU'RE EVEN MORE DINOSAUR THAN I. A LIBERAL FROM BEFORE LIBERAL BECAME A BAD WORD.

SAD TO SAY, REASON AND GOOD WILL SELDOM WIN.

GRIS' POLITICAL CLOCK THEORY:
THE PENDULUM DOES NOT STOP IN THE MIDDLE, UNLESS THE CLOCK IS BROKE.
Posted on: 2013/12/6 14:29

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.