Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
260 user(s) are online (217 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

captmike13 Tuesday 24 Mar 2015
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Good morning gang.

We had about 3 inches of snow yesterday. Not expected. The weather guys missed this one big time as they said it should only be a dusting. Today is going to be cold temps in the low to mid 30's.

Let's get going.

Word of the day is furtherance.

Today is NATIONAL CHOCOLATE COVERED RAISIN DAY

Raisins coated in a shell of either milk chocolate or dark chocolate have their own special day of honor each March 24th on National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day.

Chocolate covered raisins have been popular with movie goers for many years and they continue to be. They are also a popular bulk vending item across the country.

More than 1 million Raisinets are produced per hour.

In some countries, chocolate covered raisins are known as Raisinets. Raisinets were the earliest and one of the most popular brands of the product. Currently made by Nestle, they are the third largest selling candy in United States history. The Blumenthal Chocolate Company introduced the Raisinets to the United States in 1927 and then in 1984, the brand was acquired by Nestle. There are also a large number of other brands of chocolate covered raisins on the market.

Raisins are an excellent source of calcium, potassium, iron, fiber and vitamin B. When you combine the raisins with dark chocolate, you have a great tasting, healthy, snack.

To celebrate, try one of the following “tried and true” recipes:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mi ... isin-clusters-recipe.html

http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-choco ... -raisins-crock-pot-278661

http://www.meals.com/recipe/deluxe-oatmeal-raisinets-cookies-30206

Happy National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day.

NATIONAL CHOCOLATE COVERED RAISIN DAY HISTORY

Our research was unable to find the origin and the creator of National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.

AMERICAN DIABETES ASSOCIATION ALERT DAY

National American Diabetes Association Alert Day is observed annually on the fourth Tuesday of every March. This day is a one-day “wake-up call” to inform the American public about the seriousness of diabetes and encourages all to take the diabetes risk test and learn about your family’s history of diabetes.

For more information : http://www.diabetes.org/in-my-community/programs/alert-day/ http://ndep.nih.gov/partners-communit ... etes-alert-day/index.aspx
Posted on: 2015/3/24 11:13

captmike13@yahoo.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Tuesday 24 Mar 2015
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Same as Mike, we got about 4" of snow the other night. Made for a horrible drive in the morning. Pretty much the entire Chicagoland area was late for work yesterday, I was one of them. Oh well, what can you do?

Last night I picked up a toolbox and some boxes of tools from a guy on CL. Nice guy, got a good deal because he just wanted to get rid of it. I sorted it out last night and kept the stuff I wanted with a big box of stuff that I have no use for to sell. Most of it is electrical related. Ohmeters, some small greenlee stuff, etc. There were also some random vintage sockets and ratchets that some guys seem to dig. Not my cup of tea, I'm in to functionality. So those will get sold as well. Overall I'm coming out ahead in the deal with a little work.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2015/3/24 11:38

pianoguy Re: Tuesday 24 Mar 2015
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Mavoka!

I was afraid that a lot of the snow would've melted by the time I got home yesterday, thus depriving me of an opportunity to showcase my shoveling prowess. But surprisingly, little of it had disappeared. The wet, heavy stuff provided an excellent cardio workout. Today is a lovely shade of gray.

Have a good one, Gurus!
Posted on: 2015/3/24 12:16

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday 24 Mar 2015
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Today is overcast here in the deep south but no signs of snow. The only time we have snow is when someone trucks it in so the kids can play in it.
Met one of Sue's customers yesterday, a rather amazing gentleman. He has amassed quite a fortune in his lifetime. A 3%er for sure. Could possibly be a 1%er. He stopped by the house to pick up some wood for his hobby, turning wood. We got to chatting after he saw the cars and asked if I might be interested in a 37 Dodge coupe, flat 6, three speed on the floor. It had recent paint and full interior and trunk redone. I said we might be interested and went over his house to take a look at it. He showed me pics of his warehouses. He has 3 40x 100 warehouses in North
Carolina and another warehouse here in Florida storing over 150 vehicles, He showed me pictures of farm tractors that had been restored, rows of John Deere, Ford, International Harvester. He also had restored dozers and other farming and construction equipment all lined up in rows all clean and shiny. He has two guys working full time to keep them dusted and air in the tires. We declined on the 37 but he has a hot rod in storage he might be willing to part with. We told him we'd like to look at. He took a special liking to Sue's 87 911 while he was at the house. I told him he might well be the "Jay Leno" of North Carolina. Mostly he keeps antiques . 28 Model A, 50 Ford F150, 70 VW and many others. Super nice guy and really down to earth.
Just got back from a Key Largo delivery. Have to get my ass outside and finish up the last two holes. I would have been done last week if my phone wouldn't ............... Ring ...........Ring ........... and get called off my chore to do something else. The finish line on that project is near. Plenty more projects lie in wait. Have a gureat day guru's and don't forget to do something today to break your routine, like take a left where you would normally take a right.
Posted on: 2015/3/24 13:24

GRIS Re: Tuesday 24 Mar 2015
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7657 Posts

THE SUN IS SHINING ON THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, BREEZY ENOUGH TO DRY THINGS OUT SOME. THAT'S ALL TO THE GOOD, IT HAD GOT PRETTY MUDDY DOWN AROUND THE BARN. MORE RAIN TOMORROW THEY SAY.
Posted on: 2015/3/24 15:23

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I'm starting to get excited. I really do get happy when I get onboard ship. A big smile crosses my face as we leave port on another adventure. Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Curacao and Aruba here we come. Plenty of nice beaches and places to swim in the warmth of the Carribean waters. (I don't swim much) but there are plenty of women wearing the latest in swimwear fashion and I can offer a critique. Here is another view of the ship.

http://www.placesyoullsee.com/30-stun ... ok-carnival-breeze-update
Posted on: 2015/3/24 15:42

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Think our next cruise might be Hawaii. Already thinking ahead.
Posted on: 2015/3/24 15:46

pianoguy Re: Tuesday 24 Mar 2015
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Sounds like a cool guy, Tommy! A rod might be just the ticket ;-)

That is a big-ass boat!
Posted on: 2015/3/24 16:09

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Sounds like a cool guy, Tommy! A rod might be just the ticket ;-)

That is a big-ass boat!

We have two bigger ships that go out of Fort Lauderdale. I think they're Royal Caribbean. The Oasis of the Seas and the Allure of the Seas. Those are MONSTERS. NCL has The Getaway another big one.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacr ... /ship/home.do?shipCode=OA

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/GETAWAY
Posted on: 2015/3/24 19:07

teebee Re: Tuesday 24 Mar 2015
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Another freaking busy day. I get to school and I'm working non-stop on several projects that teachers want/need. And I'm too much of a nice guy to say "get in line." I push them to the front. I didn't leave school until after 6 tonight. I didn't get as much done as I had hoped, mistakes, people coming by, re-doing a couple files to run on the CNC. I hope to catch up tomorrow though. It was supposed to be nice, albeit a bit breezy, today. They were partly right, temps were reasonable, but the breezy part didn't even come close. 35-40 mph from the north made things interesting. By the time I came hoome though the wind had subsided. Had a little supper and then Rosie and I went for a bike ride. A nice 6 mile jaunt through town.

My butt is dragging again
Posted on: 2015/3/25 0:42

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.