Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
192 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Vette
Shorthand notation for Corvette. See also vert and vertte. Usually preceeded by a "'", as in 'vette....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 04.17.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Should be another wonderful day here weather-wise, high of 80*. I'll take it.

Sounds like everyone had fun/eventful days yesterday. I worked extra long and got to my in-laws around 8:30. We threw a surprise party because BIL finally popped the question to his long time girlfriend. Everyone was excited. He knew about the party, she didn't. I'm sure it was a whirlwind day for her. Dinner, proposal, surprise party with 30 friends and family. A good night, I'd say.

More work today, better get to it.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2016/4/17 11:33

GRIS Re: Sunday Chat 04.17.16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7660 Posts

SUNDAY MORNING AND ALL IS WELL IN THE NATIONS. CLOUDY,COOL, THE CHEROKEES ARE WAITING FOR THE RAIN.

GOT THE OBSTACLE COURSE MOWED YESTERDAY EXCEPT THE PARTS WITH WILDFLOWERS AND DAFFY-DILLS, I LET THEM GO THROUGH THE FLOWER AND SEED CYCLE BEFORE I MOW OVER THEM.

STILL CLEANING UP & CATCHING UP FROM THE TRIP. THIS MAY BE A TWO NAP DAY
Posted on: 2016/4/17 14:14

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 04.17.16
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Morning guys....slept in some. It isn't raining, but very dreary looking out there, with luck it will drop some more rain on us.
Posted on: 2016/4/17 14:42

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 04.17.16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

No rain here and we need some real bad.......loooong day yesterday.....but got a lot done.....feels like someone worked me over with a 2x4 today....I could use some spa time.....did get a good sleep in....

Hope yous guys have a relaxing day off.........
Posted on: 2016/4/17 15:11

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 04.17.16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Went by a family's house yesterday that was clearing out the lifelong possessions of one man's mothers and fathers home. They lived a long life and as happens in many cases much of what they had saved ended up in a dumpster. The son and his wife came down from Alabama and are trying to clean out the house in just a few days time. Sell some, give some away and trash the rest. I bought a couple of hundred dollars worth of stuff I didn't need but just thought it was interesting. There is a stacked Craftsman tool box for sale with a bunch of tools, most of which I already have but some I'd like to have. I want it but certainly don't need it. The father worked at The Homestead Air Force Base for over 40 years. My understanding is came up with most of what was built out there. The wife was a well liked local elementary and middle school teacher. As far as local Homestead history goes, they were both an integral part of it. And as we see as we all get older around here by one day at a time, those years all stack up rather quickly. Just ask the guys that are over 60 around here. lol
Posted on: 2016/4/17 15:22

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 04.17.16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Another nice day here, too, around 80. Gonna fertilize the lawn, and then sharpen the mowers' blades and change their oil. Or at least I'll think about it.

Mrs. Pianoguy was just saying that we should get rid of a bunch of stuff before we're too old to do it :-P

Have a good one, Gurus!
Posted on: 2016/4/17 15:42

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

I need to do that too, Brad.....maybe I ought to get there too. Still drizzly here, might be a good job to do today.
Posted on: 2016/4/17 17:10

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 04.17.16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Looking at having to move out Ma and Step Dad's stuff as we move him out someday......we have no room here for anything else....it would take a month or two of all day work to clean our place out......holy moly....and to think at one time I could get all I owned on a Harley......the chest of drawers was a little awkward but with enough bungees all is possible.....

stuff we all have to much of it.......we are hoping the kids will end up with a lot of it someday......or sell it at the auction......
Posted on: 2016/4/17 17:27

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: Sunday Chat 04.17.16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7660 Posts

WHEN WE MOVED MY MOTHER OUT ALL THE CLOSE RELATIVES WERE INVITED TO TAKE WHAT THEY WANTED THEN WE HAD A COMMERCIAL ESTATE SALE LADY SELL ALL THEY COULD. THEIR PAY WAS WHAT EVER DIDN'T SELL. WE HAD TO GO THROUGH THE PLACE WITH A FINE TOOTH COMB FIRST AS SHE HAD BEEN HIDING THINGS FOR A WHILE. SOLD THE HOUSE TO A YOUNG COUSIN & WIFE.

DID THE SAME WITH TWO AUNTS AND AN UNCLE. THIS WAS ALL COMPLICATED BY LIVING FOUR HOURS AWAY. UNLESS YOU'RE RIGHT THERE YOU HAVE TO DEPEND ON COMMERCIAL OPERATORS.

SON HAS SAID WHEN I DIE HE'S GOING TO JUST SET FIRE TO MY BARN AND BURN IT DOWN. BUT THAT WAS BEFORE THERE WERE TWO CORVETTES IN IT :-)
Posted on: 2016/4/17 21:22

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Hey guys....I got the oil changed in the mower, didn't get the blade sharpened though. Got the second mower running, it hadn't been started in a year. Told Rosie, she needed to use it the next time she mows to run the old gas through it. It didn't want to stay running, had to keep pumping the priming bulb, pretty soon it ran on it's own.

Got a call to look at a cabinet hanging job, it's pretty small and for a former student who is re-doing the kitchen while his parents are out of town for a week. They are completely oblivious to what is going on. When they return home at the end of the week, they will be surprised! All on his dime...He was always a good kid. When he tore out the old cabinets, he found that the cabinets were installed by a local guy (I recognized the name) in 1910. I told him, that's why I sign everything. It's just really cool to find those things when you are re-doing things. Hopefully I'll get that done tomorrow.

Went to a mens' group meeting this evening, the note-taker was absent, so I took the minutes. SOAB, it takes me longer to type the minutes from my notes than the meeting took, what's up with that?

Posted on: 2016/4/18 1:35

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

My little brother took care of mom and dad's things when they both passed, kind of by default. He lived just a few miles away. Family, brothers/sister/grandkids took what they wanted, then we had an auction company take the rest and auction it off. Made it as easy as possible.
Posted on: 2016/4/18 1:39

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.