Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
229 user(s) are online (179 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Backspacing
A wheel dimension measured from the hub mounting surface to the inner sidewall of the tire, usually measured in Inches. It determines how much tire ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ultraman She's real fine my October 9.........
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14747 Posts

What up? Get up and get the chores done......and what in the world are the Republicans going to do now...........
Posted on: 2016/10/9 14:24

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: She's real fine my October 9.........
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! The sun is shining, just biding my time until the football game starts. Meanwhile I think I hear the coffee pot signaling it is ready.

Tom, the nightstands look awesome!

Have a good day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2016/10/9 14:50

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: She's real fine my October 9.........
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Let me look at my schedule. Yep, Sun-Sat work around the house till you get stuff that needs to be done done. Next week .... repeat.
The 2017 Grand Sport looks interesting. Hhhhmmmmm. Maybe I'll buy one .......... in 2027
Posted on: 2016/10/9 15:20

TommyT-Bone Re: She's real fine my October 9.........
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2016/10/9 15:30

Ultraman Re: She's real fine my October 9.........
Huskerland
14747 Posts

Ya Tommy you can have someone drive you around in it........

You all know about Cabela's stores right?......they were bought out in a hostile take over by Bass Pro Shops which was all done by a 3rd party who bought a bunch of shares at 38 bucks.....like 7 million of them and then forced the sale.....stock went up to 63 bucks and the 3rd party is cashing out taking a nice 90 million profit on selling half the shares they own.......wow....

Anyway Cabelas was started out in Sydney Nebraska a small town on I80 out in the panhandle in 1961. They started selling fishing hooks thru the mail with a small catalog.....years later they have 85 stores and $4 Billion in sales....and employ 2000 in Sydney where they started at their world headquarters.....I was just thru there a week or so ago and its an impressive lay out they have............Bass Pro Shops will move the headquarters back to Missouri in the long run and the result is raising havoc in Sydney........you can imaging the housing market which is already flooded with homes as folks start to bail out.......so far this month 103 homes have been listed with more to follow with very little hope of selling at any price....the whole town was built on Cabelas.........

This was forced on them by the 3rd party since the original owners of Cabelas had no intention of selling..........I believe this can happen when you take your company public........that is of course why I won't ever do that with my company .........its a mess........just thought you should know.......
Posted on: 2016/10/9 17:42

GRIS Re: She's real fine my October 9.........
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7663 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
You all know about Cabela's stores right?......they were bought out in a hostile take over by Bass Pro Shops which was all done by a 3rd party who bought a bunch of shares at 38 bucks.....like 7 million of them and then forced the sale.....stock went up to 63 bucks and the 3rd party is cashing out taking a nice 90 million profit on selling half the shares they own.......wow....

Anyway Cabelas was started out in Sydney Nebraska a small town on I80 out in the panhandle in 1961. They started selling fishing hooks thru the mail with a small catalog.....years later they have 85 stores and $4 Billion in sales....and employ 2000 in Sydney where they started at their world headquarters.....I was just thru there a week or so ago and its an impressive lay out they have............Bass Pro Shops will move the headquarters back to Missouri in the long run and the result is raising havoc in Sydney........you can imaging the housing market which is already flooded with homes as folks start to bail out.......so far this month 103 homes have been listed with more to follow with very little hope of selling at any price....the whole town was built on Cabelas.........

This was forced on them by the 3rd party since the original owners of Cabelas had no intention of selling..........I believe this can happen when you take your company public........that is of course why I won't ever do that with my company .........its a mess........just thought you should know.......

IT'S SAD FOR THOSE FOLKS AND FOR CUSTOMERS TOO. CABELAS ALWAYS HAD GOOD QUALITY AND REASONABLE PRICES. I CAN'T SAY THAT FOR BASS PRO. WHO WAS THE "THIRD PARTY"?

IT'S A FINE SUNNY DAY IN THE NATIONS, NICE BREEZE, 70 DEGREES ON THE FRONT PORCH. MOMMA AND THE TWINS ARE BACK IN THE YARD, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY, NO LESS. I SAY TWINS, ACTUALLY ONE IS MUCH LARGER, BUT BOTH ARE OBVIOUSLY THIS YEARS DEER.
Posted on: 2016/10/9 18:26

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

bogus Re: She's real fine my October 9.........
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Business, like politics, is not a pretty thing...
Posted on: 2016/10/9 20:14

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

BillH Re: She's real fine my October 9.........
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
WHO WAS THE "THIRD PARTY"?

Elliot Management - hedge fund

It's nuts that they can throw so much weight around by owning just 9% of the shares.

They only sold 4% to get that $90 mil

I have a lot of my 401 in the stock market (in big companies not hedge funds) but I don't like the manipulation that goes on with these funds.

However, individuals, funds, groups don't buy shares to see them go down in price.

And I think I'd be a bit leery of living in a town of 6,800 where one company employs 2,000.
Posted on: 2016/10/9 21:59

BillH Re: She's real fine my October 9.........
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

AND------------guess who Elliot Management is going after next-------------------

Samsung
Posted on: 2016/10/9 22:00

Ultraman Re: She's real fine my October 9.........
Huskerland
14747 Posts

Ya......the folks at Sydney would never have in a million years seen this scenario coming......It was a company town. I agree with Bill....I don't know how Elliot gets away with doing it either.......big money talks......
Posted on: 2016/10/10 1:32

teebee Re: She's real fine my October 9.........
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12369 Posts

Hey guys....got up and went to church at the next town over. Then went on over to the 'city' to some friends where he and I went out and played golf, while Rosie and she just did their thing (walk/shop/talk/go out to eat). The golf was pretty good, the course challenging and the weather was pretty good, just a bit windy.

Bad deal for Cabelas.
Posted on: 2016/10/10 2:41

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.