Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
174 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60
The automatic from 1992-1993. The same as the 700R4, just has a different name.

Either way, they are junk. There are some minor differences on a ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ultraman Sunday Morning the 29th......
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14747 Posts

Morning Guru's.....I am up early to get into Lincoln for a CC class. I am meeting Uboy with his new Glock 22 and we are going to take the class together. I will be using my trusty S & W .357 ultra lite but will be shooting .38 Specials in it today. Cheaper.....as we will burn through about a 100 rounds.....more on that later....

Have a safe day boys and girls......
Posted on: 2017/1/29 11:13

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Sunday Morning the 29th......
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7661 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Morning Guru's.....I am up early to get into Lincoln for a CC class. I am meeting Uboy with his new Glock 22 and we are going to take the class together. I will be using my trusty S & W .357 ultra lite but will be shooting .38 Specials in it today. Cheaper.....as we will burn through about a 100 rounds.....more on that later....

Have a safe day boys and girls......

I DID MINE WITH A .22, MO' BETTA CHEAP :-)

SUNNY AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING,WIND NOT UP YET. THE PAST WEEK HAS BEEN UNUSUALLY WINDY FOR EASTERN OKLAHOMA. THE KIOWAS ARE USED TO THE WIND; THE CHEROKEES ARE NOT.

TOMMY, WERE YOU FISHING SALT WATER OR FRESH? WHAT DID YOU CATCH?
Posted on: 2017/1/29 15:17

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Sunday Morning the 29th......
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Morning guys....Slept in this morning. Rosie made a nice breakfast and I'm sitting here watching some recorded shows. I think I'll head out to the shop after while.

I have an appointment to have my fingerprinting done and my CC application sent in. I shot my Taurus PT99 9mm. VEry fun and easy gun to shoot.

They say the weather for the week is going to be above normal in temps....lower 60s today and tomorrow, 50s the rest of the week.

WE have three ball games this week here at home. JV tourney tomorrow (GS#2 will play). Then regular season games Tuesday and Friday. Friday is winter homecoming so lots of activities that night.
Posted on: 2017/1/29 15:43

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Sunday Morning the 29th......
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Temps are gonna start winding down, forecast says lows back in the single digits toward the end of the week. May have to get that light sweater out again. We had a nice time last night - our friends mentioned that Steve Martin and Martin Short are doing a couple shows here in May. That would be fun to see, but the few remaining tickets start at about $160 a pop and go up from there. Ticket prices are nuts nowadays.

Have a good day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2017/1/29 16:14

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

istter1 Re: Sunday Morning the 29th......
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

32 out waiting for it to warm up. watching Meet the press. So many stupid questions. This press war isvsonstupid. Poor Chuck he is looking like a bully. But were just starting. lol
Posted on: 2017/1/29 16:19

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Morning the 29th......
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

Saltwater. Mostly yellowtail snapper, mangrove snapper, grunts and jacks. Caught some grouper,shark and sea catfish as well but threw them all back. Threw lots back. Kept about 40 fish per day. Lots of fish in the freezer now.

Attach file:

jpg  1 yellowtail.jpg (19.07 KB)
852_588e1cb0d68e3.jpg 440X166 px

jpg  1 mangrove snapper.jpg (35.69 KB)
852_588e1cc02a3a9.jpg 577X240 px

jpg  1 grunt.jpg (35.74 KB)
852_588e1cd4c0d3c.jpg 400X213 px

jpg  1 yellow jack.jpg (13.90 KB)
852_588e1ce84105a.jpg 419X220 px

jpg  1 mangrove snapper.jpg (35.69 KB)
852_588e1d22718d8.jpg 577X240 px
Posted on: 2017/1/29 16:43

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
I have an appointment to have my fingerprinting done and my CC application sent in. I shot my Taurus PT99 9mm. VEry fun and easy gun to shoot.

Glad I got my CC when I did. 10 year permit. I like that. Like a passport, 10 years is great. Every 4 years rolls around too fast. Reapplying for licences and permits is annoying to me.
Posted on: 2017/1/29 16:54

GRIS Re: Sunday Morning the 29th......
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7661 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

GRIS wrote:

Saltwater. Mostly yellowtail snapper, mangrove snapper, grunts and jacks. Caught some grouper,shark and sea catfish as well but threw them all back. Threw lots back. Kept about 40 fish per day. Lots of fish in the freezer now.

THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN. I ONLY GOT TO GO SALT WATER FISHING TWICE; ONCE WAS A BUST AND THE OTHER BOTH FUN AND FRIGHTENING.

IN THE LATE 60’S THE XO OF THE DASA BASE I WAS ASSIGNED TO GOT HOLD OF SOME SPECIAL SERVICE RECREATION MONEY AND CHARTERED A FISHING BOAT AT PORT LAVACA DOWN ON THE GULF. SIX OR SO OF US WENT DOWN AND SET OUT TO SEA. THE BOAT WAS A CONVERTED WW II SUB CHASER THAT HAD PREVIOUSLY BEEN A PARTY BOAT WITH POKER TABLES AND AN INOP ROULETTE WHEEL. THE WEATHER WAS ROUGH AND THE CAPTAIN WANTED TO STAY IN THE BAY. ALL WE COULD CATCH THERE WERE GAFF TOP CATFISH, SO WE STARTED HOORAHING HIM TO GO OUT IN THE GULF. HE FINALLY GAVE IN AND OUT WE WENT. THAT BOAT WAS RIGHT LIVELY OUT THERE IN THE OPEN, BUT WE WERE ALL FULL OF PISS AND VINEGAR AND ENJOYING THE RIDE UNTIL WE STARTED TO NOTICE BLUE AND WHITE PLANKS AND PIECES OF WOOD FLOATING BEHIND US. WE SUDDENLY RECOLLECTED THAT THE BOAT WAS PAINTED BLUE AND WHITE. WE TOLD THE SKIPPER IT WOULD BE OK TO GO BACK INTO THE BAY IF HE REALLY WANTED TO. ;-)
Posted on: 2017/1/29 18:50

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

pianoguy Re: Sunday Morning the 29th......
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2017/1/29 19:42

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
IN THE LATE 60’S THE XO OF THE DASA BASE I WAS ASSIGNED TO GOT HOLD OF SOME SPECIAL SERVICE RECREATION MONEY AND CHARTERED A FISHING BOAT AT PORT LAVACA DOWN ON THE GULF. SIX OR SO OF US WENT DOWN AND SET OUT TO SEA. THE BOAT WAS A CONVERTED WW II SUB CHASER THAT HAD PREVIOUSLY BEEN A PARTY BOAT WITH POKER TABLES AND AN INOP ROULETTE WHEEL. THE WEATHER WAS ROUGH AND THE CAPTAIN WANTED TO STAY IN THE BAY. ALL WE COULD CATCH THERE WERE GAFF TOP CATFISH, SO WE STARTED HOORAHING HIM TO GO OUT IN THE GULF. HE FINALLY GAVE IN AND OUT WE WENT. THAT BOAT WAS RIGHT LIVELY OUT THERE IN THE OPEN, BUT WE WERE ALL FULL OF PISS AND VINEGAR AND ENJOYING THE RIDE UNTIL WE STARTED TO NOTICE BLUE AND WHITE PLANKS AND PIECES OF WOOD FLOATING BEHIND US. WE SUDDENLY RECOLLECTED THAT THE BOAT WAS PAINTED BLUE AND WHITE. WE TOLD THE SKIPPER IT WOULD BE OK TO GO BACK INTO THE BAY IF HE REALLY WANTED TO. ;-)

I've saltwater fished most of my life. I was born and raised in Boston proper and went to Cape Cod most summers. I've been fishing in Florida since 1979 on many boats in all kinds of weather. The seas, weather and careless boaters are bound to leave a fisherman with a hours of "I remember when " stories. Matter of fact we told some tales this past week among friends. Some of the lot are hunters as well so there were some tales of the wood mixed in. I'm not a hunter but share in there adventures.
Posted on: 2017/1/29 20:14

Matatk Re: Sunday Morning the 29th......
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Hope the shooting went well, Marcus.

Tired today....Just today?

Tomorrow is Monday in case anyone forgot.
Posted on: 2017/1/30 1:54

teebee Re: Sunday Morning the 29th......
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

I got the panels raised, sanded and then the doors glued up. Took a few hours to do all that. The temps went all the way up to low 60s today. Quite comfortable for late January.

#2 came over this afternoon to tell us that #1GS dropped out of school to move back to Dallas to be near his girlfriend. Rosie and I are concerned, but what do you do?
Posted on: 2017/1/30 2:39

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
I got the panels raised, sanded and then the doors glued up. Took a few hours to do all that. The temps went all the way up to low 60s today. Quite comfortable for late January.

#2 came over this afternoon to tell us that #1GS dropped out of school to move back to Dallas to be near his girlfriend. Rosie and I are concerned, but what do you do?

Tom, He'll go back to school (hopefully) when he gets a good look at his options. Sonny-boy dropped out. Took him about 8 years to get his degree. No matter. He doesn't take advantage of it and lives in poverty by choice. Riigginfriggin sassafrasson shidilibop! You can show them the path. It's up to them to take it.
Posted on: 2017/1/30 13:23

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.