Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
193 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  A4
Generic reference to an automatic equipped C4. All are 4-speed overdrive units....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 10 JULY 2023
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7679 Posts

ON THIS DAY LADY GODIVA MADE HER FAMOUS RIDE THRU COVENTRY AND TOM PEEPED :-)
Posted on: 2023/7/10 13:00

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 10 JULY 2023
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7679 Posts

THE SUN IS SHINING AND IT'S 70 DEGREES ON THE FRONT PORCH; HUMIDITY 84% PREDICTED HIGH OF 90. BIG IMPROVEMENT---BUT MAYBE NOT FOR LONG.

THERE WERE ABOUT A HALF DOZEN DEER OUT TO THE WEST OF THE HOUSE THIS MORNING, DOES AND FAWNS. AUTO ROTATION DAY, HARVEY GOES IN THE READY RACK. THE INVISIBLE BARNCAT IS OK; AT LEAST HIS APPETITE IS UNAFFECTED.

I REALLY NEED TO DO SOME YARD STUFF, BUT I'M WAY SHORT ON MOTIVATION.
Posted on: 2023/7/10 13:12

teebee Re: 10 JULY 2023
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Morning guys... Cool and sunny today, but supposed to warm into the low 90s. That's more like July in SW Kansas. T-storms are predicted for later this evening.

Headed to the shop.
Posted on: 2023/7/10 14:04

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 10 JULY 2023
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33770 Posts

Was reading tee's post yesterday about loss of strenghth. I don't understand it. I am pysically pretty active yet my muscle strenghth seems to deteriorate. A little more wobbly on my feet. Arms and back seem to be holding up OK. Makes no sense to me. I definately get in 10,000 or more steps a day.

Had a nice family breakfast with my inlaws yesterday. The table was less full than in days past.
Posted on: 2023/7/10 14:17

vetteblondie Re: 10 JULY 2023
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

Good morning,
I was reading his post from yesterday too and it made me think of how I'm way older than I feel like I ought to be and starting to see issues I only thought "older" folks had. Some days I feel 17 some I feel 87. Depressing.
Gris did you figure out what got bloodied up since it wasn't the barn cat?
Storms heavy yesterday , I don't know the real figure from the weatherman on what we got but it overflowed our pool. Saw up out on the interstate an excavator was sitting in a deep hole he'd dug and only the top little bit of the cab was sticking out, they'd pumped it down a bit but yesterdays rains probably buried it again.
Sun is out today so probably will just sit in pool all day since I'm off. I need to cut all the hedges down but not up to it today.
Posted on: 2023/7/10 14:46

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 10 JULY 2023
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7679 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Was reading tee's post yesterday about loss of strenghth. I don't understand it. I am pysically pretty active yet my muscle strenghth seems to deteriorate. A little more wobbly on my feet. Arms and back seem to be holding up OK. Makes no sense to me. I definately get in 10,000 or more steps a day.

AGE---JUST WAIT TILL YOU HIT 80 :-o

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

Gris did you figure out what got bloodied up since it wasn't the barn cat?

STILL COULD BE HIM, BLOODIED BUT UNBOWED, OR HE COULD HAVE CHASED SOMETHING AROUND IN THE BARN, CAUGHT IT, KILLED IT, AND CARRIED IT OUTSIDE TO EAT. OR MAYBE THERE'S BEEN A HOSTILE TAKEOVER---IT MUST HAVE BEEN AN EPIC CHASE IN ANY EVENT.
Posted on: 2023/7/10 16:22

teebee Re: 10 JULY 2023
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Tommy, they claim 'low T' will cause those issues.....among other things.
Posted on: 2023/7/10 18:11

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: 10 JULY 2023
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

Back home from the UP of Michigan. Had a good time and got some work done around the farm.

Still have a few days off before I go back to work. I need to do motor mounts in the mustang, hopefully this week.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2023/7/10 18:15

TommyT-Bone Re: 10 JULY 2023
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33770 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Tommy, they claim 'low T' will cause those issues.....among other things.

Oh! That explains it.
Posted on: 2023/7/10 19:06

Ultraman Re: 10 JULY 2023
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14757 Posts

...yeehaaa....3,000 miles in 8 days in a 67 year old car.... holy mother of pearl.... Grand Canyon, Old Route 66, 4 corners, the Million dollar highway 550 in western Colorado and lots of tourist traps.... we love a good tourist trap... hot dry but da fiddysix rolled right through everything.. never had a problem other than some overheating while sitting in an hour and a half line because some dirtball flipped his Amazon Prime semi in a tight canyon on I70.

Memo...put on the aux cooling fans...do it now!!!

if you have not seen the Grand Canyon words cannot describe what 5 million years of erosion will make..... crazy huge...

home a week then up to the Black Hills for some Glamping with the RV.... good to be home though.... there is some rough country down is NM and AZ.... Flagstaff is cool though... sits at 7,000 ft.... mountain air...

I was having the same problem with loss of muscle in my chest and arms and did some research and found that I was not getting the 8 essential amino acids the body can't make and has to get from food.

Advanced Bio Nutritional's Advanced Amino Formula... I like the powder but it comes in pills also. Started off with 2 scoops a day for the first week or two then back to 1 scoop per day with an packet of Emergency vitamin C in the super orange flavor mixed in water. I am into all this things in plants like amino acids and proteins and thought hell the same would be for people right? damn right....

I also lift weights once a week and do 20 minutes of rowing..... my chest muscles came back I have more energy and the aminos will let your body heal itself over time...

chit, just go to the website and listen to the Doc's talk about it...... you gotta help yourself..... this stuff works because it's what the body needs to do it's job...

gotta go.....good to be back....
Posted on: 2023/7/10 21:08

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Ultraman Re: 10 JULY 2023
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14757 Posts

you don't need to lift if you are active like I know Tee and Tommy are.... VB hits the gym also.... I am more behind the desk these days so need cardio and resistance work to keep toned... I'm 73 and will not go gentle into that good night...I'm going down swinging old Betsy like Crocket did...
Posted on: 2023/7/10 21:43

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: 10 JULY 2023
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

For men, low T will affect it Metabolism slows and you lose muscle For women a bazillion different hormone imbalances cause all kinds of ruckus. I agree on the protein, look for a good one that is "complete" as in supplies all aminos, eat clean, eat healthy carbs healthy fats and proteins in balance and moooooove. I'm just now getting where I can do stuff, still get tired real fast though. Did some yard work today so that will count as gym day. I'm not back in gym yet but will soon, now that I see I can do stuff. Was afraid to rip stitches prior. Oh and water and sleep, need lots of both of those. For protein they say .75 gram per lb of body weight. Or, 35% of calories per day. 1 gram of protein is 4 calories. I also do fish oil, vit D3, and a basic daily vitamin.
Posted on: 2023/7/11 1:25

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.