Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
231 user(s) are online (196 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  SuperRam Intake System
Originally designed by John Lingenfelter at LPE and manufactured by Accell, the SuperRam was the 1st aftermarket intake to improve upon the stock lon...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS CHRISTMAS EVE 2023
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7647 Posts

TWAS THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS---
Posted on: 12/24 13:53

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: CHRISTMAS EVE 2023
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7647 Posts

OVERCAST, 59 ON THE FRONT PORCH, WAITING FOR THE RAIN, GWINA RAIN ALL DAY, GWINA RAIN ALL NIGHT. BUMMER!

FAMILY CHRISTMAS PLANS TOOK A HEAVY HIT: #2 SIL HAS GOT THE FLU. WE TOOK THEIR GIFTS TO OKMULGEE YESTERDAY, BABY DAUGHTER PICKING THEM UP AND BRINGING EVERYBODY ELSE'S FOR BIG DAUGHTER TO BRING OVER TODAY. NOT A GOOD START. THE REST OF THE GOTHS AND THE VANDALS DESCEND AT 1300 HRS, BRINGING FOOD AND CHAOS.

OUR OMNISCIENT FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DOESN'T KNOW IF A POTATO IS A VEGETABLE OR GRAIN---AND WE'RE PAYING THESE JERKS??

SANTA CLAUS IS COMING; Y'ALL ACT NICE :-)
Posted on: 12/24 14:15

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: CHRISTMAS EVE 2023
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning guys...we are planning a simple Christmas, just the local family, except for maybe #2 GS who has the flu. We'll see how that goes and how he recoups today.

We have church at 4pm and then will convene at the house to celebrate.

A Merry Christmas to all my friends here at the Guru. I wish you all the best in the new year.
Posted on: 12/24 15:05

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: CHRISTMAS EVE 2023
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Good morning and merry Christmas Eve to all you guys.

We're still up in the air about leaving on a trip, not sure what his hold up is. I want to go, I have rooms picked out, I'm good if we leave tomorrow and take our time, get a room halfway etc. Or we can hit it hard and drive it straight. I don;t care but dont want to be cooped up here all week. And, with a replacement heat pump thing for the shop, that cuts into my funds. That might be his hesitance too. I have it but don't want to come off it.

Tee, I don't know what that alcohol is you mention, I've no woodworking refinishing experience. I can work saws and assemble etc, but not finishing. I'd like to do it myself but am afraid to try and my stuff not match. Legs are perfect so didn't want to jack with those if I didn't have to, same for the chairs except the one part of the single chair that needed work. I did see some stuff that supposed to take those water rings out: Guardsman Watermark Remover and Restor-a-Finish Semi Transparent by Howards.

Nothing happening here today tho except maybe some laundry and cleaning. And, i have spider mites all over the plants so there's that headache. Why skeeters, wasps, whiteflies, spider mites and the like exist I'll never know.

Nothing much here, overcast but it's 60 and climbing.
Storms on the way they say. This bout sums up our weather next couple days:
Twas the day before Christmas, with bad weather reports, and the folks of Jonesboro were out wearing shorts. Rushing to Walmart for some milk and potatoes, and maybe some candles in case of tornadoes. While many are dreaming a Christmas of white, I'm wondering if I'll need my AC tonight. Before you start thinking my cheer sounds too haw, I'm just saying Merry Christmas from good ole Arkansas

Attach file:

jpg  skeeter santa.jpg (38.49 KB)
619_65885bbbc00d8.jpg 600X505 px
Posted on: 12/24 16:27

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: CHRISTMAS EVE 2023
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

TWAS THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS---

And I'm working my ass off like I do every year. Told Sue this was the last year for the party. I might change my mind but the party gets smaller every year. Still might have a small gathering in years ahead. Sue's in the kitchen. I finished the yard pretty much by Thursday and yesterday finshed pressure washing. Did some house cleaning yesterday as well. Today was more house cleaning for me. Pretty well done with that now as well. Sue complained about which vacuum cleaner I was using. I told her she is one of the few women that would complain about a husband cleaning house. Few small things to do. Tomorrow set up a few games and set up the coolers and help with the food layout. A lot of work for a party that will only last about 4 hours. From 1-5 PM

Merry Christmas my friends and to even those that aren't.
Posted on: 12/24 22:00

TommyT-Bone Re: CHRISTMAS EVE 2023
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Was overcast here today too, sun in and out. We went to next town to fix the old motorhome of our electrician's son, they need to sell it. Needs a new neutral safety switch. I'm negotiating with the old man as we need a new 3ton heat pump thing. I have electric. He has a complete package, an old unit from a local church, not used much - it's gas. For $350 for all of it plus his install will run me about 1000. I think I'm in. We don't use it much either, and gas for us will be cheaper to run when we do need it.
We also decided to flea market after that and hit the local Abilities Unlimited and I saw an MCM dinette - upon closer inspection, it's a 1965 Heywood Wakefield. 6 chairs, table with 3 leaves. Table top needs redone, one chair needs a repair. It lists for $5k on Charish.com, which I know is overpriced but heck, I paid $70 for ALL of it. I have a big double pedestal chunky set (6ft expands to 8, 6 chairs) I think I'll sell and use this more streamlined set. Same amount of seats and don't take up near as much room. Bless Arron and my shenanigans. We took chairs home, then all the way back for table top, then another 40 mins to the next town so he could eat Italian and then shopped more and came home. I don't know how to refinish a table top but I reckon I'm bout to learn.

This is the set on Charish.com

https://www.chairish.com/product/12975 ... rs-set-of-10?gad_source=1

Remember VB, what comes in will one day have to go out. Ask me how I know.
Posted on: 12/24 22:03

Ultraman Re: CHRISTMAS EVE 2023
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14739 Posts

...finally went and did some shopping and attended church at 4 this afternoon.... all back home and wood brought in for fireplace.... the blizzard cometh they say..... bring it I say.... got the oyster stew simmering and the internet humming.... Merry Christmas to all....and to all a good night!
Posted on: 12/25 0:44

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.