Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
275 user(s) are online (241 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Thursday 02.08.24
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Hello

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Hmmmm....intense..... and condescending..... I don't know sounds kinda harsh to me......

There was a fishing guide out of Key West that was known as one of the best. He was gruff and abusive cursing at the anglers as they reeled in their catch. He was always booked solid. LOL

https://floridakeystreasures.com/key-w ... shing-legend-ralph-delph/
Posted on: 2/8 12:49
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Thursday 02.08.24
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7657 Posts

CLOUDY, CALM, 57 DEGREES THIS MORNING, SUPPOSED TO CLEAR OFF. A WINDY 70 DEGREES IS PREDICTED.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA AGAIN, DW DOING BETTER WITH THE RIBS.

DEALING WITH ABRASIVE PERSONALITIES THERE ARE THREE POSSIBILITIES:

1. SUBMIT/IGNORE

2. GIVE TIT FOR TAT i.e. RESPOND WITH EXACTLY THE SAME LEVEL OF RUDENESS.

3. WALK; YOU ARE IN NO WAY OBLIGATED TO SPEND MONEY WITH A JERK.

TIT FOR TAT IS MY FAVORITE, BUT YOU MUST RESPOND AT THE EXACT LEVEL. IF YOU ONE-UP IT YOU JUST START A PISSING CONTEST. IF DONE RIGHT T FOR T PUTS THE AGGRESSOR ON NOTICE AND RESETS THE CONVERSATION TO A MORE POLITE LEVEL.

TIME TO FEED THE POOR STARVING DOG---

KEEP AFTER 'EM, Y'ALL
Posted on: 2/8 14:30

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Thursday 02.08.24
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Morning guys... busy couple of days here. Weather is up and down, today is supposed to be low 60s.

It's Rosies' birthday today. I think she is going to help me install the last of the window jambs for the church in the next town over...I'll need a little extra help for the next few days.

Yesterday afternoon while ripping a board on the table saw, I flinched as I pushed it through and caught the end of my right thumb on the blade. Felt like I hit it with a hammer. Looked at it immediately and saw the ragged damage. I put pressure on it and went into the house and had Rosie take me up to the ER. They ended up sending me over my Dr. office, where he stitched me up... 4 stitches. Doesn't really hurt, even though/ they told me it would. Nearly 50 years without a screwup like that..it was bound to happen sometime. They have it wrapped pretty good, and I go back Monday to have it checked

Posted on: 2/8 15:13

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday 02.08.24
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

In my youth on the streets of Boston we were exposed early to tit for tat confrontations. Today that would be considered bullying. I consider it helping to develop a thick skin. Even though some of the racial expressions today were used with reckless abandon they did not actually have racist intentions. My friend Ruben, a dothead, Steve , my roomate, a slant eye, and I worked with many spics and beaners. My neighborhood in Boston was made up mostly of mics, guineas, kykes, A-rabs and Greeks. Hhhhmm. We didn't have a slang for the Greeks. Back to the Sue thing ..... Most people love her. Some are taken aback. I have many men tell me how lucky I am to have her as my wife. Smartly, I just nod in agreement.
Posted on: 2/8 15:25

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Tee, I don't remember knowing a wood shop craftsman that had all his digits. Sounds like you dodged another bullet.
Posted on: 2/8 15:28

GRIS Re: Thursday 02.08.24
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7657 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:

Yesterday afternoon while ripping a board on the table saw, I flinched as I pushed it through and caught the end of my right thumb on the blade. Felt like I hit it with a hammer. Looked at it immediately and saw the ragged damage. I put pressure on it and went into the house and had Rosie take me up to the ER. They ended up sending me over my Dr. office, where he stitched me up... 4 stitches. Doesn't really hurt, even though/ they told me it would. Nearly 50 years without a screwup like that..it was bound to happen sometime. They have it wrapped pretty good, and I go back Monday to have it checked

ONE SUMMER IN COLLEGE I WORKED IN A SHEET-METAL SHOP. THERE WAS AN INTERESTING HIERARCHY. THE STRAW-BOSS DIDN'T HAVE ALL HIS FINGERS, THE FORMAN HAD ONE HAND, THE PERSONNEL DIRECTOR HAD ONE ARM. NEVER SAW THE CEO; THEY MUST HAVE CARRIED HIM AROUND IN A BASKET :-O

I RODE TO WORK WITH A RATHER UNSANITARY OLD MAN WHO LIVED DOWN THE ROAD. HIS FILTHY CAR HAD COCKROACHES! WHEN I'D GET HOME MOM WOULD MAKE ME UNDRESS ON THE BACK PORCH BEFORE I WAS ALLOWED IN THE HOUSE.

THAT WAS AN INTERESTING SUMMER.
Posted on: 2/8 17:29

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: Thursday 02.08.24
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4651 Posts

Sorry to hear about your mishap, Tee - but like Tommy, I've hardly seen someone that does what you do who is still all together. Be careful!
Tommy, intense and condescending makes me think she and I might be related lol. Of course, she deals with people, and as ignorant as some are, they get what they get. I try not to give back what I'm given but sometimes it's warranted.
Warm today but cloudy - naturally, since Im off tomorrow, the sun is gone. Seems the sun only shines for government check drawers, not the hardworking. Labor on y'all, I got a wrecker wrap to send to production and a 21' suburban coming in so I can make it look 60s somehow. The pic she sent me is more 80s however - another one of "those" customers.
Posted on: 2/8 17:33

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Letty, one of the complainers drives a Maserati sedan and comes to shop at the nursery wearing high heels. She was the one that said Sue was condesending. Another complained after saying she was going to repot the plants but instead put them on their balcony in the black nursery pots. The photos showed dropped leaves. Lack of water? She also complained about a grass she bought being rootbound in the pot. LOL. Tip. Remove root bound plant from pot. Divide into 4 sections and repot. Now you have 4 plants from 1. You' are never going to please everybody. None the less, Sue can be somewhat direct.
Posted on: 2/8 18:36

vetteblondie Re: Thursday 02.08.24
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4651 Posts

Yep, those fine "I got money I'm entitled" folks. We get em here too. I don't blame her one bit. People are ignorant, and anymore customers are the rude, condescending ones. Happens all the time here. And, unlike decades ago, folks now are simply out to get you, different mentality than from a few years past. One dude here came in cussing the guys in tint over an appoinment - or lack of it. He made an appointment somewhere else, then yelled at them here because they couldn't just get him in. It don't work like that, they have an appointment book that stays full, booked 2-3 weeks out. Getting him in would require pushing another customer out and then backing the whole day up. Sorry bro, we leave at 5. Same with wraps, we're backed up a month easy, and you'll get some that think their money is worth more and wants you to put them in line ahead of allllll the others that are already on schedule, and in the shop. I got condescending and direct with one Tuesday as a matter of fact.
Posted on: 2/8 20:26

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Thursday 02.08.24
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14745 Posts

....so condescending means dealing wid jerks? yeah I may give them an early pass in our dealings because it takes a bit to sum up the emotional energy needed for a good tit for tat rebuttal.... I am slow to anger but once the boiler is stoked get ready for hear I come... that reminds me of a song...

older I get the less tolerant I am seems like... I do not suffer fools well as the old saying goes....

Had to go to a village to the west to get the dog groomed... he was a mess.... looks good now though... don't ask don't tell on what it cost....

Teeb...... Tee Bee careful dude..... pretty sure any of your students caught trying that would have got a lessen from you real quick...
Posted on: 2/8 21:50

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Ultraman Re: Thursday 02.08.24
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14745 Posts

....MoTown baby.....

Posted on: 2/8 22:13

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: Thursday 02.08.24
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

"LOL They have Sue down. #4

https://share.newsbreak.com/63jtn9ls"

Definitely sounded like an AI review where the computer just summarizes the reviews on the page and makes a paragraph. The fact that Lowes was #1 is all you need to know.

Happy birthday to Rosie. And sorry to hear about your thumb. Makes you want to look into one of those auto retracting saws. I've seen the videos and they look quite impressive.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2/9 3:56

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.