Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
310 user(s) are online (247 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 06.17.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

How is everyone's day so far?

I've got a lot of errands and tasks on my plate today. I'm hoping to work on the car a little, get the rear shocks on and maybe tackle the FPR, but we'll see how that goes.

We are also gonna go to home depot to look for a new fridge for the basement. We had one in the garage (only about 7 years old) and we put in a bunch of chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, and beer in it for the party on Saturday. Well, I went out to the garage yesterday and noticed it wasn't running. Oh damn. Yup, everything inside was defrosted (for several days, too) and completely wasted. Looks like either the compressor went or something else electrical and tripped the GFCI. I reset it and plugged it back in, but it wasn't getting cold at all and the compressor wasn't running. Oh well - the previous owner of the house had already repaired the fridge twice (while new, mind you) and said it never really worked right. So we bought a new one when we moved in and stuck it in the garage. It's garbage night tonight, so out it goes!

Hope everyone has a great day, and no fridge troubles!

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/6/17 13:46

CSS996 Re: Tuesday Chat 06.17.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

Yesterday was a 12 hour day of training and driving... I'm still kinda out of sorts from it.

I have to go see how many fires the sales folks lit that I need to put out today. Fortunately THEY have to go to Denver for training in a few hours, so it will be quite in the office.

I got to talk to my big boss yesterday while I was in Denver. Looks like we are going to try and figure out a way for me to ease my commute a little.

He is thinking of having me work a couple days a week from the Pueblo office. I'd almost rather drive up to Colorado Springs from Pueblo than work in that office, but we'll see... I am going to suggest working from home instead, when I can manage it. That would be pretty cool.

Anyway, gotta go see what messes I have to clean up. I will check back later.

Have a super Guru-iffic day, ya'll!
Posted on: 2008/6/17 14:12

biggrizzly Re: Tuesday Chat 06.17.08
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning Gurus,

We survived another round of storms last night, with no more trees down. The area I live in now has been hit by severe storms and winds periodically now for the past month with seriouse wind damge to many of my neighbors homes and my own. We lost a huge tree last week which wiped out my fence. I'm just now getting a tree guy to come look at it today.

Last night the neighbors new patio furniture was found in the middle of the street!

It looks like today and the rest of the week will be nice weather. I'm looking forward to it.

I have now been in the new house a month and a half and I'm getting the garage organized a bit. Its still pretty hot, so I haven't looke forward to spending a lot of time out there, but I got to get this car done soon, because its killing me just having it sit there. Hopefully, I'll get the cooler weather coming in this week and some time to start doing some stuff to the car.

Have a good day!
Posted on: 2008/6/17 14:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

NC Kid Re: Tuesday Chat 06.17.08
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Went to the oral surgeon yesterday and was told lower left wisdom tooth was touching the nerve so I would be at a higher risk of nerve damage when the tooth was removed. Going to get a 2nd opinion.
Posted on: 2008/6/17 14:40

bogus Re: Tuesday Chat 06.17.08
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

get a 2nd opinion, smart move! nerve damage is always a bit of a risk with wisdom teeth removal.

Me? Another busy day at work... where I need to be heading now!

Take care gang!
Posted on: 2008/6/17 14:44

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

j3studio Re: Tuesday Chat 06.17.08
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Good morning, all!

Buying some parts tonight - new power seat track and some distributer parts for 1985. We got the ABS module for the 2003 back from ABSFixers yesterday - I'm going to try to get it in this weekend.
Posted on: 2008/6/17 15:00

red_johnny Re: Tuesday Chat 06.17.08
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Nother day! I get to install another ceiling fan for the in laws. Did one yesterday, pewter finish, light kit, 52 in, and remote for 59! Cant beat that! So they sprung for another one. This one will be going into the master bedroom. Last one took about a half hour to install. Hopefully this one will be just as easy.
Posted on: 2008/6/17 15:10

RollaMo-LT4 Re: Tuesday Chat 06.17.08
Trivia Winner
Rolla, Missouri
422 Posts

Hey everyone!

I made it back from the Power Tour in one piece. Wow, lots of flooding in Iowa and Wisconsin. Mile after mile of corn fields under water. Quite a few detours between the last two stops, but we made it through.

I hate going on vacation, because it seems nobody wants to do my work for me while I am gone. So, I am way behind now.

I managed to get quite a few pictures, but I haven't had time to do anything with them yet. I should get to them soon. Next week I am off to a week long training class, so it might be a week or two.

Oh, and the high fuel prices didn't seem to have any effect on the true "hot rodders", as this year had the biggest turn out ever. Not sure of the official numbers, but there looked to be 2,500 cars or more at the Saturday "long hauler" awards.

This link isn't mine, but somebody put up quite a few pics here: http://powertourpics.com/main.php?g2_itemId=2696
Posted on: 2008/6/17 17:55

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 06.17.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Paid some bills and called some places, mowed the grass, cleaned the pool and then it started to rain. Guess I'll do some indoor chores and start dinner. Nasty, nasty weather out there.

Attach file:

jpg  Foul Weather.jpg (40.64 KB)
852_485809e830b99.jpg 495X361 px
Posted on: 2008/6/17 19:02

LD85 Re: Tuesday Chat 06.17.08
Master Guru
Indianapolis, Indiana
784 Posts

Beautiful day in INDY, flood waters are sllllooooowlly subsiding.

Might have to put a trolling motor on the Vette, I figure it can add 2-3 mph down stream
Posted on: 2008/6/17 19:07

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 06.17.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Sounds like everyone's been busy. I got the rear shocks put on and did the FPR diaphragm. Hopefully that should fix the hard starting. I'm gonna go do some errands now. Got a full plate.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/6/17 19:31

CSS996 Re: Tuesday Chat 06.17.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Was trolling craigslist.... Found this. I drive past this car on my way to my friends house twice a week. I did not know it was for sale.

'87 For Sale

I wish I shat money....

Would be a fun project. Well, not really a project. I couldn't possibly fix the trans. But I could do the carpet!
Posted on: 2008/6/17 19:37

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 06.17.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

My wife would kill me if I bought a project car. Hell, she thinks the one I drive now is a project car! I've always wanted to restore a C3 though. Just pipe dreams. I know it's more time and effort and money than I have, but still it's an idea I've had...

Anywho, ended up getting a new fridge tonight. My wife just *had* to have an extra one. Kinda pissed me off since we don't need one and never use it. She made me go to look at Home Depot (my favorite store) but I couldn't find anything in the scratch and dent section (it's for the basement, only). I went next door to Lowe's (I don't really like their store as much) and told the guy in appliances what I was looking for. They didn't have anything in the back, but I asked him about a floor model (which had a scratch on the door and a couple dings on the side). He checked and it was the last one they had. Made a deal on it. It's a whirlpool, basic model - was $328, but I got it for $250. Made me happy. Besides, it's one less thing for the wife to moan about, so that makes me extra happy.

Talk to everyone tomorrow!

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/6/18 2:43

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.