Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
222 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Mekanic Injector Special!
Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

For the next week I'm offering free shipping.

Not much else to add to that haha. Feel free to post up if you have any questions or need any help!

Thanks!
~Rich
Posted on: 2008/10/17 14:12

Yea tho I walk through the valley in the shadow of rice, I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

rayquayle Re: Injector Special!
Senior Guru
139 Posts

Rich,
I'm looking for a set of 24lb for my '86. What's the best you've got that'll fit my stock TPI. BTW, the 24s are for future upgrades I know the factory's are 22lb. Also I'd need USPS Priority shipping to my Military APO box. I'm not expecting the free shipping, just looking to see if you'd be willing to ship USPS to the APO.

Many thanks.
Posted on: 2008/10/17 14:58
NCM Founder #2896
NCM Lifetime #672
Graduate of Gordon's School

Mekanic Re: Injector Special!
Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

We have those for you, and we only ship USPS Priority unless otherwise specified, I don't know if there is extra costs for shipping to an APO.

For the 24's I reccomend the Bosch Design III's in our rebuilt line.

3 year no questions warranty, viton o-rings installed, and flow matched. Also comes with the full gasket kit needed for the job, as well as the fuel rail o-rings.

$219.95
Posted on: 2008/10/17 15:40

Yea tho I walk through the valley in the shadow of rice, I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me.

cuisinartvette Re: Injector Special!
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Have any BoschIIs? 36 lbs rated for 43 lbs?

Also looking at 24-26 lb inj for 383 build (TPI)
Posted on: 2008/10/17 15:58

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

I've got some Bosch II's in 36, why not go for the III's tho?

I've got the III's in 36 for $239 a set, flow matched, o-rings, 3 year warranty.

Got tons in 24-26lb

24lb I have..

New EV1 for $275
Bosch II for $169.95
Bosch III for $189

26lb I have..
Bosch III for $199
Posted on: 2008/10/17 16:12

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

The guy doing the tunes doesnt want an injector rated at 60 lbs. Im not real hip on all the tuning/injector lingo so bear with me. He likes the IIs for some reason.

A set of each Id be up for. One is for a stout solid roller 408 I just finished and the other for a mild 383 which cannot have an AFPR (smog)
Thanks
Posted on: 2008/10/17 16:29

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

rated at 60? I'm assuming he is talking about what pressure theyre rated flow is at.

The design III is all rated at 43.5 psi. Almost all injectors are flowed at 43.5psi (3bar) if you have a higher pressure rail (like an LSx of 58) then you have to do the math to adjust for the new flow.

I'll have to double check if we have design II's in 36lb. They have been discontinued for some time. FMS, SVO, and all are now using the Design III.
Posted on: 2008/10/17 17:39

Senior Guru
139 Posts

Quote:

Mekanic wrote:
We have those for you, and we only ship USPS Priority unless otherwise specified, I don't know if there is extra costs for shipping to an APO.

3 year no questions warranty, viton o-rings installed, and flow matched. Also comes with the full gasket kit needed for the job, as well as the fuel rail o-rings.

$219.95

Rich, That sounds great. Cost for shipping to the New York APO is no different than shipping to any New York City address. The only difference is that a US Customs Declaration form is required stating the contents. How do I go about ordering a set. Do I PayPal you the dough or bank tranfer?

Thanks again.
Posted on: 2008/10/17 18:15
NCM Founder #2896
NCM Lifetime #672

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Rich, yes your explanation made sense and the IIs are hard to find.
Posted on: 2008/10/17 19:00

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Quote:

rayquayle wrote:
Quote:

Mekanic wrote:

$219.95

Rich, That sounds great. Cost for shipping to the New York APO is no different than shipping to any New York City address. The only difference is that a US Customs Declaration form is required stating the contents. How do I go about ordering a set. Do I PayPal you the dough or bank tranfer?

Thanks again.

I'll find out about shipping costs first thing in the morning. After that if you want to pay via paypal, I will need the email address linked to your paypal account, then I can send an invoice.

~Rich
Posted on: 2008/10/18 4:46

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Quote:

cuisinartvette wrote:
Rich, yes your explanation made sense and the IIs are hard to find.

Glad it helped.

I would really urge you to go with the III's, they are a superior injector, and are rated at the same 43.5 psi as the II's.

But if you really want the II's I'm sure I can get some (or make some) in the size you want. Price will most likely be the same as the III's
Posted on: 2008/10/18 4:54

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Rich, give me a buzz tomorrow, 818-800-1178
Thanks
Posted on: 2008/10/18 6:24

Senior Guru
139 Posts

Quote:
I'll find out about shipping costs first thing in the morning. After that if you want to pay via paypal, I will need the email address linked to your paypal account, then I can send an invoice.

~Rich

Rich,
The email address linked to my PayPal account is
ray_quayle@hotmail.com
Posted on: 2008/10/18 8:55
NCM Founder #2896
NCM Lifetime #672

95Vert Re: Injector Special!
Senior Guru
Aiken, SC
440 Posts

Rich,
Do you only sell Corvette injectors or do you also clean and other makes injectors?
Reason I ask is I've got 4 from a normally aspirated Mazda RX78 and 4 from a turbo that need to be cleaned. If you do that, what do you charge. If not, I thank you for your time.

Ralf
Posted on: 2008/10/18 13:39

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Quote:

rayquayle wrote:
Quote:

~Rich

Rich,
The email address linked to my PayPal account is
ray_quayle@hotmail.com

Sounds great Ray, but if possible could you walk me through the shipping process to an APO, this is the first time I've done 1. The customs declaration is normal for us, but I just want to be sure you get your injectors haha.

Also, is the address on your paypal account the APO box that we will be shipping to? If not I need the address.

~Rich
Posted on: 2008/10/18 19:15

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Quote:

95Vert wrote:
Rich,
Do you only sell Corvette injectors or do you also clean and other makes injectors?
Reason I ask is I've got 4 from a normally aspirated Mazda RX78 and 4 from a turbo that need to be cleaned. If you do that, what do you charge. If not, I thank you for your time.

Ralf

We do them all the time!

The only thing I need to know is some used top feed, and some used side feed. Top feed we charge $15 per injector, side feed is $20 per injector.

THE SERVICE INCLUDES:

1) Injectors are externally cleaned, visual inspected

2) We test injectors for resistance, shorts, and current draw.

3) We perform leak test, spray pattern, and flow rate testing on one of our 3 ASNU flow benchs. All data is recorded and sent to you.

4) Remove filter baskets, o-rings, and pintle caps. Metal injectors are bead blasted to remove old paint and rust from the injector body.

5) The injectors are placed in a heated ultrasonic bath to insure that the injector is free of dirt and contamenants that could hinder the rest of the process.

6) The injectors are now put into another ultrasonic system while they are pulsed allowing the ultrasonic energy to dislodge any particles and build-up inside the injectors.

7) The injectors are now back flowed to remove all debris, etc.

8) The injectors are now returned to the flow bench for retesting of all functions. The data from this test is returned to you in detail with your injectors.

9) The injectors are now refinished with high temp paint. the stainless steel injectors are polished to a high finish.

10) One of our techs. now reassembles the injector, using all new parts.

11) The injectors are then vac sealed and packaged for shipment along with the old parts.
Posted on: 2008/10/18 19:17

Senior Guru
139 Posts

Quote:

Mekanic wrote:
Sounds great Ray, but if possible could you walk me through the shipping process to an APO, this is the first time I've done 1. The customs declaration is normal for us, but I just want to be sure you get your injectors haha.

Also, is the address on your paypal account the APO box that we will be shipping to? If not I need the address.

~Rich

Rich,
Yes, the PayPal home address is the APO Box that the injectors will ship to.

There really is no difference in shipping to APO/FPO AE and shipping to any other New York City address except that a customs declaration is required. Address the package with the APO send to address, include your return address and take the package to the Post Office. Fill out 2976-A
Then hand to the friendly Postal worker. Should be under $20.00 for Priority insured for $250 from Tampa to APO AE.

Thanks again for going through all the trouble.
Posted on: 2008/10/19 9:30
NCM Founder #2896
NCM Lifetime #672

kelley Re: Injector Special!
Guru Newb
thomasville ga
122 Posts

Question, if the injectors don`t need to be changed but are just dirty what is the best cleaner to but in the fuel tank to clean them?
Posted on: 2008/10/19 15:04

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Wondered the same thing. Have 100k on my 02 truck and just put a new fuel pump in. Would seafoam have any effect on the pump?

Rich thanks for the call yesterday, good BSing with you.
Ill forward this info and hopefully be placing a few orders soon.
Posted on: 2008/10/19 16:20

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Was nice talking to you as well Ron, keep me informed on it all.

As far as a dump in injector cleaner, I recommend none.

Little tidbit alot of people don't know is that the Multec II thats in the later C4's are a self cleaning injector.

However if your worried about gum on the valves, and things like that, seafoam in the tank wont hurt anything.

On my car, I remove my injectors and send them in for service every year or 2. Each injector has its own fuel filter inside it that catches what the primary filter doesn't grab. Our injector service includes replacing those filters along with all the other things we do to them.

If you are positive your injectors are in good shape, or your an NCRS guy wanting to keep it all original, but are worried about dirt, I would recommend popping them out and having our service done.
Posted on: 2008/10/19 19:05

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Quote:

rayquayle wrote:
Quote:

Mekanic wrote:

~Rich

Rich,
Yes, the PayPal home address is the APO Box that the injectors will ship to.

There really is no difference in shipping to APO/FPO AE and shipping to any other New York City address except that a customs declaration is required. Address the package with the APO send to address, include your return address and take the package to the Post Office. Fill out 2976-A
Then hand to the friendly Postal worker. Should be under $20.00 for Priority insured for $250 from Tampa to APO AE.

Thanks again for going through all the trouble.

No problem at all, invoice has been sent. Free shipping applies
Posted on: 2008/10/19 19:31

MK 82 Re: Injector Special!
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
439 Posts

Where do you get the injectors you rebuild.

Quote:

Mekanic wrote:

Not much else to add to that haha. Feel free to post up if you have any questions or need any help!

Thanks!
~Rich
Posted on: 2008/10/20 0:17

95Vert Re: Injector Special!
Senior Guru
Aiken, SC
440 Posts

Thank you for the detailed answer. I don't know if those injectors are top or side feed, but the electrical connection goes in the side and the fuel rail sits over the top. Top feed then?
I'll have two sets once I've got them pulled out. One from a turbo and one from a regular aspirated. Just got to get them pulled out.
Thanks!
Posted on: 2008/10/20 0:19

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Quote:

95Vert wrote:
Thank you for the detailed answer. I don't know if those injectors are top or side feed, but the electrical connection goes in the side and the fuel rail sits over the top. Top feed then?
I'll have two sets once I've got them pulled out. One from a turbo and one from a regular aspirated. Just got to get them pulled out.
Thanks!

Yesh, if the fuel rail sits over them then they are top feed so $15 each applies.

Let me know when your ready to do them and I'll send the info over.
Posted on: 2008/10/20 1:06

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Quote:

DropTopCE wrote:
Where do you get the injectors you rebuild.

Quote:

Mekanic wrote:

Thanks!
~Rich

Most of our cores come from overseas when very early in a vehicles life they are converted to a different type of fuel
Posted on: 2008/10/20 1:07

Senior Guru
139 Posts

Quote:

Mekanic wrote:

Rich,
Thanks for the free shipping. I really appreciate it. PayPal payment has been sent.
Posted on: 2008/10/20 5:59
NCM Founder #2896
NCM Lifetime #672

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Quote:

rayquayle wrote:
Quote:

Mekanic wrote:

Rich,
Thanks for the free shipping. I really appreciate it. PayPal payment has been sent.

No problem at all, I hope you enjoy them. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

I would love to tell you that they will be there soon, but I have no idea lol. THey should be in NY by wed. tho
Posted on: 2008/10/20 10:38

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

bump for free shipping YAY!
Posted on: 2008/10/22 6:55

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

After weeks of planning the persons car I was going to do this build on cancelled this evening, I will have to wait for now . Hope I didnt waste your time. Dang.
Posted on: 2008/10/22 7:25

Senior Guru
139 Posts

Quote:

Mekanic wrote:

No problem at all, I hope you enjoy them. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

I would love to tell you that they will be there soon, but I have no idea lol. THey should be in NY by wed. tho

Rich,
Thanks for all the help and the quick action to get these out. Yea, the APO can be hit and miss, but usually Priority makes it from New York in about a week. I'll let you know next week when they arrive.
Posted on: 2008/10/22 7:48
NCM Founder #2896
NCM Lifetime #672

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Quote:

cuisinartvette wrote:
After weeks of planning the persons car I was going to do this build on cancelled this evening, I will have to wait for now . Hope I didnt waste your time. Dang.

Damn, no problem at all, I'm always here to BS or help no matter what. Sorry in canceled on you.
Posted on: 2008/10/22 15:08

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Quote:

rayquayle wrote:
Quote:

Mekanic wrote:

Rich,
Thanks for all the help and the quick action to get these out. Yea, the APO can be hit and miss, but usually Priority makes it from New York in about a week. I'll let you know next week when they arrive.

Sounds great, please do keep me informed.
Posted on: 2008/10/22 15:08

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

bump
Posted on: 2008/10/23 7:52

l1sikes Re: Injector Special!
Guru Newb
Greenvine, Texas
8 Posts

Mekanic,

Regarding your 10-18-08 response to 95Vert, step 10, please advise which new parts are installed upon reassembly, and their material.

Regards,

S. L. Sikes
Burton, Texas
Posted on: 2008/10/28 15:46

Senior Guru
139 Posts

Quote:

Mekanic wrote:

$219.95

Rich,
Upon closer inspection of my injector package, it seems I'm missing the fuel rail o-rings. I was expecting the two o-rings for the fuel inlet and return, but got only the gaskets. Could I get these o-rings?

Many thanks.
Posted on: 2008/11/15 13:16
NCM Founder #2896
NCM Lifetime #672

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Quote:

Mekanic wrote:
Quote:

cuisinartvette wrote:

Damn, no problem at all, I'm always here to BS or help no matter what. Sorry in canceled on you.

Things are a go again, send me your email so I can order them.
Posted on: 2008/11/15 14:15

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Quote:

rayquayle wrote:
Quote:

Mekanic wrote:

$219.95

Rich,
Upon closer inspection of my injector package, it seems I'm missing the fuel rail o-rings. I was expecting the two o-rings for the fuel inlet and return, but got only the gaskets. Could I get these o-rings?

Many thanks.

Oh no! Yes, I'll get on that right now.
Posted on: 2008/11/15 17:29

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Quote:

cuisinartvette wrote:
Quote:

Mekanic wrote:
Quote:

cuisinartvette wrote:

Things are a go again, send me your email so I can order them.

Fantastic! Rich@fuelinjectorconnection.com
Posted on: 2008/11/15 17:30

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Quote:

l1sikes wrote:
Mekanic,

Regarding your 10-18-08 response to 95Vert, step 10, please advise which new parts are installed upon reassembly, and their material.

Regards,

S. L. Sikes
Burton, Texas

I didn't even see this post. We replace filters, pintles, pintele caps, spacers, and o-rings.
Posted on: 2008/11/15 17:36

Senior Guru
139 Posts

Quote:

Thanks a lot, Rich.
Posted on: 2008/11/16 8:10
NCM Founder #2896
NCM Lifetime #672

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Quote:

rayquayle wrote:
Quote:

Thanks a lot, Rich.

Can you get mail directly to you in england? If so post up your address there and I'll send em out on monday.
Posted on: 2008/11/16 12:41

Calm Re: Injector Special!
Senior Guru
Vancouver, Canada
608 Posts

Hi Rich,

An update, as promised.

I finally found and corrected my electrical issues (mostly grounds). Anyways, the Bosch 30's took about 10 mins to install......fired it up and drove.

I gotta say.....it's like a new car! Runs perfect! SO smooth from idle to 6k! Incredably responsive as well. It's a true joy to drive!

Funny thing though.....computer is telling me that I'm getting 30 - 31 MPG (@ 75 mph in 6th). It's never been that high! I thought the PCM re-tune (for 30's) was going to show (a false negative?) worse calculated mileage? Any thoughts?

In short, I'm DELIGHTED! Thank you for your product.
Posted on: 2008/11/16 17:43

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Thats great to hear! I always smile when people get to see first hand the product we have.

The PCM counts injector pulses to calculate dash mileage. While better mileage is possible, the tune will probably have the injectors pulsing less often because of the larger size, showing such a huge jump on the dash mileage.

Calculate it tho at your next convenience.

Thanks for the update, and I'm VERY happy that you are happy
Posted on: 2008/11/16 20:13

Senior Guru
139 Posts

Quote:

Mekanic wrote:
Quote:

rayquayle wrote:
Quote:

Thanks a lot, Rich.

Can you get mail directly to you in england? If so post up your address there and I'll send em out on monday.

Rich,
I'm not in any hurry and the APO address is much easier for me, but if need be, I can send you my home address in England.
Posted on: 2008/11/16 22:16
NCM Founder #2896
NCM Lifetime #672

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

APO it is then. I'll send them out tomorrow
Posted on: 2008/11/16 23:23

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Quote:

rayquayle wrote:
Quote:

Mekanic wrote:
Quote:

rayquayle wrote:
Quote:

Thanks a lot, Rich.

Rich,
I'm not in any hurry and the APO address is much easier for me, but if need be, I can send you my home address in England.

I don't have any more in stock, so I gave your address to my supplier and he will be drop shipping them to you when he sends mine
Posted on: 2008/11/20 1:36

Senior Guru
139 Posts

Quote:

Mekanic wrote:
I don't have any more in stock, so I gave your address to my supplier and he will be drop shipping them to you when he sends mine

Thanks, Rich.
Posted on: 2008/11/20 6:44
NCM Founder #2896
NCM Lifetime #672

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

No problem Ray, sorry about the mixup.

When I called the shop and told Jon he said "*sigh* It couldn't have been the guy in Michigan could it?"

haha
Posted on: 2008/11/20 8:40

Senior Guru
139 Posts

Quote:

Mekanic wrote:
No problem Ray, sorry about the mixup.

When I called the shop and told Jon he said "*sigh* It couldn't have been the guy in Michigan could it?"

haha

Rich,
Tell Jon it's no big deal. It's a Winter project and I'm in no hurry.

Thanks to you both for all the help and the great support.
Posted on: 2008/11/20 19:16
NCM Founder #2896
NCM Lifetime #672

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.