Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Automatic Slip Regulation
Also known as ASR; ie traction control.

Standard on all C4s starting in 1992....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
(1) 2 »
 Topic is Locked

jsup Hey Guys!!! I won! Badge of honor I guess!
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Well, I guess questioning a forum sponsor is frowned upon.

Call them out for what they are and get banned....well, at least I made my point on the way out. That their claims are full of shit.

Pr0zac, myself, had the unmitigated gall to go against the grain and forum doctrine, so here we are, you guys own us...lucky you.

Tony is going to put up this bullshit, fixed challenge he's doing and I guess when the results come out, anyone wanna guess the outcome on that? They don't want anyone there to question it.

Problem is people spend money on this crap and no one will call it what it is...marketing, proving nothing.

Anyway, sniff sniff, I love you guys...
Posted on: 2008/10/28 18:31

Notorious Re: Hey Guys!!! I won! Badge of honor I guess!
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Perma-ban or just a vacation? While once an elite group, now not so much. The purge continues!
Posted on: 2008/10/28 18:38
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CentralCoaster Re: Hey Guys!!! I won! Badge of honor I guess!
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

jsup wrote:
Problem is people spend money on this crap and no one will call it what it is...marketing, proving nothing.

And what have you proven? If you want the comparison done your way, then pay for it yourself.

Don't bring that shit over here. I don't want to see another thread on the issue unless it has dyno results in it.
Posted on: 2008/10/28 18:39

jsup Re: Hey Guys!!! I won! Badge of honor I guess!
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

One year......for now
Posted on: 2008/10/28 18:39

Lichen Re: Hey Guys!!! I won! Badge of honor I guess!
Guru
Scottsdale, Arizona
166 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
Quote:

jsup wrote:

And what have you proven? If you want the comparison done your way, then pay for it yourself.

Don't bring that shit over here. I don't want to see another thread on the issue unless it has dyno results in it.

Well put!
Posted on: 2008/10/28 18:54

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
Quote:

jsup wrote:

I have proven the chasm between marketing and fact, to my satisfaction, and that the "facts" typically presented are fixed.

OK OK relax....

Listen, I guess I found it personally offensive when people were telling me that I should use a product with no evidence other than "I know a guy" and "I said so" when I was looking for parts. I can't imagine how many other people were sucked down that hole.

I found it an insult to my limited intelligence.

With that, I'm done.

I'm done. so take it easy.
Posted on: 2008/10/28 18:57

bogus Re: Hey Guys!!! I won! Badge of honor I guess!
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Good. Because I am with CC on this one... 100%. Show me the dyno sheets.
Posted on: 2008/10/28 19:11

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

CentralCoaster Re: Hey Guys!!! I won! Badge of honor I guess!
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Well, it seems to me that your only evidence is that you "know a guy".

I have no problem with questioning people's brand loyalty, but when it becomes defamation of someone's business, it has to stop. If you have beef with him, the burden of proof is on you, not him.
Posted on: 2008/10/28 19:11

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
Well, it seems to me that your only evidence is that you "know a guy".

I have no problem with questioning people's brand loyalty, but when it becomes defamation of someone's business, it has to stop. If you have beef with him, the burden of proof is on you, not him.

You know guys, that's not what it was about, it's what it turned into.

If this thread is a sore spot, delete it.

And as you can see in my other threads, dyno numbers are not forthcoming till spring, with extended information. Can I post till then? (joke)

I am sure we won't run into the same problem here. When someone says "buy this" all I want to be convinced of is why, with good reason.

Like I said, if this thread is an issue, delete it.
Posted on: 2008/10/28 19:15

wesmigletz Re: Hey Guys!!! I won! Badge of honor I guess!
Senior Guru
Land of Fruits and Nuts
325 Posts

I'm looking forward to seeing the results of the dyno comparisons. Seems to me someone stepped-up to do the work on their car and AFR is staking their reputation and putting their product where their mouth is.

The results should be interesting one way or another.
Posted on: 2008/10/28 19:42

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

wesmigletz wrote:
I'm looking forward to seeing the results of the dyno comparisons. Seems to me someone stepped-up to do the work on their car and AFR is staking their reputation and putting their product where their mouth is.

The results should be interesting one way or another.

I'll take any results, I don't care what they are. I hope whoever owns the car gets a HUGE improvment. Is it your car? Good luck if it is I hope you get a big improvement.

My concern is the methods...Big difference. I can't make the leap of faith saying XXXX part was the sole cause of the improvement. That's all.

I'd like to see the before and after and every screw that was turned in between, every little change. Including spark plugs, wires, timing settings, tune, etc...
Posted on: 2008/10/28 19:43

cuisinartvette Re: Hey Guys!!! I won! Badge of honor I guess!
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Youll be seeing plenty of those in upcoming months (head and cam swaps and fresh build results).

As far as post #1 you coudnt be any farther from the truth and wrong period. No offense but you dont have a clue.
Maybe most in "marketing their product" fluff and BS it up but believe it or not there are some out there that actually tell the truth about their product. To assume everyone is dishonest and bash them like that is wrong.
Posted on: 2008/10/28 19:50

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

cuisinartvette wrote:
Youll be seeing plenty of those in upcoming months (head and cam swaps and fresh build results).

As far as post #1 you coudnt be any farther from the truth and wrong period. No offense but you dont have a clue.

NO offense taken, never is Ron. Hope it's mutual, it's all just discussion and I take nothing personal, and mean nothing personal. Hope you get that.

Now as far as the H/C swaps, please don't insult my intelligence by taking off old boat anchor heads and a 1/2 assed cam and try to convince me that all the gains are from particular heads. Any new head would show improvements, that's the point. No reason for orgasm over it. That no other head would produce the same the same result, even with a slightly different cam. That is what gets under my skin. It's about the combo, not the parts.
Posted on: 2008/10/28 19:57

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

cuisinartvette wrote:
Maybe most in "marketing their product" fluff and BS it up but believe it or not there are some out there that actually tell the truth about their product. To assume everyone is dishonest and bash them like that is wrong.
\

Hey, do you think Brodix would tell you to buy a Dart head? Has ANY manufacturer ever told any person to buy a head they didn't make? Didn't think so. That's my point.

And if a manufacturer runs a test, and the results are poor, do they report them? No.

When a manufacturer runs a test and has control over the environment, will they try to manage the outcome? Of course.

This is not a slam, this is not a bash, it is life, just the way it is, to think any different is, well, silly.

When those H/C swaps are done, at the end of the day all we can say is that head, cam, intake combo made XXX HP. Proves nothing beyond that. It has no reflection on any of the components used in the build.
Posted on: 2008/10/28 20:04

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Quote:

jsup wrote:

Hey, do you think Brodix would tell you to buy a Dart head? Has ANY manufacturer ever told any person to buy a head they didn't make? Didn't think so. That's my point.
Why would they?
And if a manufacturer runs a test, and the results are poor, do they report them? No.
Thats called R&D sure it happens all the time.
When a manufacturer runs a test and has control over the environment, will they try to manage the outcome? Of course.

This is not a slam, this is not a bash, it is life, just the way it is, to think any different is, well, silly.

When those H/C swaps are done, at the end of the day all we can say is that head, cam, intake combo made XXX HP. Proves nothing beyond that.[/quote]
What else is there to prove, thats the whole idea-find out what you got.
Posted on: 2008/10/28 20:09

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

cuisinartvette wrote:

jsup wrote:

Why would they?

exactly.....that's the point. When you get "help" from a manufacturer all you are getting is "help" picking their parts.
Quote:

Thats called R&D sure it happens all the time.

When they get bad results they are reported internally, that's R&D.

When those results are made public, it becomes marketing.

Quote:

When those H/C swaps are done, at the end of the day all we can say is that head, cam, intake combo made XXX HP. Proves nothing beyond that.
What else is there to prove, thats the whole idea-find out what you got.

Well, some people would go to the extent of saying "I got this cam and it made XXX HP in my setup, it's the best dam cam on earth and if you don't use it, you're leaving power on the table and I'm going to kick all your asses" This cam puts out 40 HP more than any other cam with more aggressive lobes... That would be stupid, wouldn't it? Why not challenge those statements? And if that person is proven right, good for them.

Perhaps I'm a little hyper sensitive today about this. But let's face it, that's the kind of crap that is dished out.
Posted on: 2008/10/28 20:11

MK 82 Re: Hey Guys!!! I won! Badge of honor I guess!
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
439 Posts

That's what happens when you keep poking the Bear with a stick. Guess you will have to rant here and in DC.
Posted on: 2008/10/28 21:10

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

DropTopCE wrote:
That's what happens when you keep poking the Bear with a stick. Guess you will have to rant here and in DC.

You think I enjoy ranting? I'm driven to it.

I have no problem discussing points, but there's no discussion there.

Someone says something asinine, like XXX makes XX more power, I ask them to prove it, and they read me talking points, which have no value, say "I know a guy", or tell me about how they built motors that typically have piss poor performance, and proves nothing to the request to prove the claim.

You can't have a discussion with people who make you the subject of the thread, even if you're not the subject either. Comments like "what have you built" and "show me your numbers" have absolutely no bearing on my asking to prove a claim, other than they used said parts.

So that's what sets me off and I launch into rants....

Just sayin.
Posted on: 2008/10/28 21:31

MK 82 Re: Hey Guys!!! I won! Badge of honor I guess!
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
439 Posts

Quote:

jsup wrote:

You think I enjoy ranting?

Yes
Posted on: 2008/10/28 21:39

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

DropTopCE wrote:
Quote:

jsup wrote:

You think I enjoy ranting?

Yes

Actually I'd prefer to discuss and not rant, unfortunately when you talk to people who talk out of their ass and have no basis to discuss the matter at hand, they rant, then I rant.
Posted on: 2008/10/28 21:46

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

lol you make yourself the center of debate in those. How many threads have been hijacked into a "prove it" thread?
I think you enjoy it.
Posted on: 2008/10/28 22:25

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

cuisinartvette wrote:
lol you make yourself the center of debate in those. How many threads have been hijacked into a "prove it" thread?
I think you enjoy it.

OK, this should be good...

How exactly do I do that?

I start a thread that says "here's a perfect engine to demonstrate that small ports and high flow produce horsepower"

The a-hole responses I get are "show me your dyno numbers", "what engines have you built", and "you're an idiot". All of which focus on me, none of which have anything to add to the thread.

I fail to see how I make myself the center of attention, seems plenty of people are willing to do that for me.

If the leghumpers could just stick to the topic of the thread, I would NEVER be the issue, how many times did I have to request that people stop focus on me and focus on the point?

Perhaps we're looking at two different things...IDK.
Posted on: 2008/10/28 22:52

Re: Hey Guys!!! I won! Badge of honor I guess!
Guest_
Jsup. I went over to the Dart site, and looked at those heads you put on your big stroker. They appear to be good heads, but more of a budget minded head. You have send me numerous private emails in regards to your disguss with AFR, and I still don't get it Jsup. I read that locked thread, and I still can't believe Mr.Mamo is willing to ship you a set of heads to clear your head. I told you 2 of 3 of my cars had AFR heads and you told me that I fell into the marketing game, when infact, I purchased them because they work, and they made the power.
Posted on: 2008/10/29 0:40

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

TPI-guy wrote:
Jsup. I went over to the Dart site, and looked at those heads you put on your big stroker. They appear to be good heads, but more of a budget minded head. You have send me numerous private emails in regards to your disguss with AFR, and I still don't get it Jsup. I read that locked thread, and I still can't believe Mr.Mamo is willing to ship you a set of heads to clear your head. I told you 2 of 3 of my cars had AFR heads and you told me that I fell into the marketing game, when infact, I purchased them because they work, and they made the power.

What do you base the following assumptions on:

1. Dart Pro 1 Platinums are a budget minded head?

2. Any other head on your setup would have made less power?

3. I told you that you fell into a marketing game because clearly you only looked at one set of heads and purchased them. It was clear by the responses in the IM thread you initiated to me.

Anyone who "did the research" on heads and never heard of wet flow, did not do much research IMO.

And tell me again why I should take a brand new motor apart built by a well known builder and swap heads? I don't get it. What's in it for me other than a bastardized motor?

And again, I have no disgust with AFR, they are a fine product and should be considered along with all competitors such as TFS, Canfield, Brodix, and Dart to name a few.
Posted on: 2008/10/29 0:43

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

[QUOTE]And tell me again why I should take a brand new motor apart built by a well known builder and swap heads? I don't get it. What's in it for me other than a bastardized motor?[/QUOTE]

The proof you wanted
A more powerful motor
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:01

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

cuisinartvette wrote:
[QUOTE]And tell me again why I should take a brand new motor apart built by a well known builder and swap heads? I don't get it. What's in it for me other than a bastardized motor?[/QUOTE]

The proof you wanted
A more powerful motor

How much more power will you guarantee me?

And why is it up to me the consumer to prove a claim?

Isn't that the manufacturer's job?

How do you substantiate that I will make more power?

Can you post the science and physics behind that assumption for proof?

How the hell do we always wind up down this road?
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:03

pr0zac Re: Hey Guys!!! I won! Badge of honor I guess!
Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

Quote:

TPI-guy wrote:
how much of a difference do you believe would there have been if you went with a different head? would it have been night and day? would it have been a negative or positive difference? that is the moral of the story. does your afr headed cars make more power than jsup's?
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:10

Guest_
It's up to you, because you are the one blasting AFR.

I guess it's the out saying, "put up or shut up".

Jsup you can do what you want. We all know what the answer will be anyways. To be honest, I am not even a member of the CF, and a member here sent me a few of your threads over there, and I couldnt believe what I was reading.

I dont know if any other head would of made more power or not, but I am thinking about taking of my old AFR 190's, and getting there newest and latest 195's, and putting some more pop back into the old girl.

Jsup. I don't know why you care if person x gets AFR's or not. I wouldn't let it bother you. It's not your money.
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:11

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

pr0zac wrote:
Quote:

TPI-guy wrote:
how much of a difference do you believe would there have been if you went with a different head? would it have been night and day? would it have been a negative or positive difference? that is the moral of the story. does your afr headed cars make more power than jsup's?

Clearly, as you yourself pointed out when someone says "they made power" that can mean a lot of different things to a lot of people. Again, as you pointed out, the power wasn't all that impressive.
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:12

Guest_
Quote:

pr0zac wrote:
Quote:

TPI-guy wrote:

One of my car does, and the old girl doesn't. Prozac, I could care less what head Jsup puts on his car. I am sure it will run really hard. I just don't get the AFR debut. It's almost as if he is jealous or has a hard on for AFR. I have never seen such strange behaviour infact.
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:13

Guest_
Quote:

jsup wrote:
Quote:

pr0zac wrote:
Quote:

TPI-guy wrote:

Clearly, as you yourself pointed out when someone says "they made power" that can mean a lot of different things to a lot of people. Again, as you pointed out, the power wasn't all that impressive.

Jsup. This isn't going anywhere. You could talk about cylinder heads until YOU are blue in the face.

Get that car tuned, and let's see how good ole' Pat is at picking a combination.
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:15

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

TPI-guy wrote:
It's up to you, because you are the one blasting AFR.

I said repeatedly they are a fine product.
Quote:

I guess it's the out saying, "put up or shut up".
'

What's your point?
Quote:

Jsup you can do what you want. We all know what the answer will be anyways. To be honest, I am not even a member of the CF, and a member here sent me a few of your threads over there, and I couldnt believe what I was reading.

I know right? I couldn't believe it either, all the crap that is spewed by the leghumpers over there.

Quote:

I dont know if any other head would of made more power or not, but I am thinking about taking of my old AFR 190's, and getting there newest and latest 195's, and putting some more pop back into the old girl.

That's just fine, but don't come here and tell me that the Dart is a second rate head, clear evidence of an example of someone talking out of thier ass who's only research is to read a brochure.

Quote:

Jsup. I don't know why you care if person x gets AFR's or not. I wouldn't let it bother you. It's not your money.

I don't care, I just don't take well to people who talk about making power because of particular parts when the conclusions don't fit the facts and the level of research is superficial at best.

YOU came here and said your heads make more power, I disputed it, you didn't support your claim, seems simple enough.
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:15

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

TPI-guy wrote:

One of my car does, and the old girl doesn't. Prozac, I could care less what head Jsup puts on his car. I am sure it will run really hard. I just don't get the AFR debut. It's almost as if he is jealous or has a hard on for AFR. I have never seen such strange behaviour infact.

You do know that Pr0zac took those heads off his car and lost power right.

I have ZERO against any product. I have a problem with false, uneducated, undocumented claims.
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:18

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

TPI-guy wrote:

Get that car tuned, and let's see how good ole' Pat is at picking a combination.

Typically what people say when they have no argument to demonstrate how one part makes more power than another, and has nothing to do with any of my points.

It's a concession to a lost argument.

Thank you.
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:20

Guest_
Jsup. At the end of the day, I will not be spending hours, and hours each day to talk about cylinder heads. I have a family, and have much better things to do with my time.

I like AFR. You like Dart. Both have great cylinder heads!

But the difference is, I have 2 motors that are running AFR, and I am happy with both. If I were you, I would wait a little bit longer to shoot your mouth off. You might see that your 600chp turns into 530chp.

You keep on mentioning about you leaving 40 hp on the table. Where does this come from?
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:21

Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

Quote:

TPI-guy wrote:
Quote:

jsup wrote:
Quote:

pr0zac wrote:
Quote:

TPI-guy wrote:

Jsup. This isn't going anywhere. You could talk about cylinder heads until YOU are blue in the face.

dude are you for real? i could really give a fuck less what head is on your car but you did walk in here and start shooting off at the mouth about peoples cars and since "someone here" sent you pm's is even more childish that you are going to pursue an argument on those subjects and turn around and point the finger when they defend themselves. class act dude. and i am the young guy..
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:23

Guest_
Quote:

jsup wrote:
Quote:

TPI-guy wrote:

You do know that Pr0zac took those heads off his car and lost power right.

I have ZERO against any product. I have a problem with false, uneducated, undocumented claims.

I don't what what happened to his motor. So what's the deal with the young man's engine?

Am I for real? I get the point.

Have a good one!
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:23

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Quote:

jsup wrote:
Quote:

cuisinartvette wrote:

The proof you wanted
A more powerful motor

Weve been through this 1000 times and you know the answer.
Tons of links, testonials, etc. I have seen myself forst hand actual head swaps on friends cars and the difference is night and day both in power and throttle response. Until you see it for yourself there is no convincing but if you dont care like you claim why such the issue with them?
You could have had a set if thats what you wanted, is that what youre really upset about?

What did prozacs old motor lose power to, what were they replaced with?
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:24

Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

Quote:

TPI-guy wrote:
Jsup. At the end of the day, I will not be spending hours, and hours each day to talk about cylinder heads. I have a family, and have much better things to do with my time.

But the difference is, I have 2 motors that are running AFR, and I am happy with both. If I were you, I would wait a little bit longer to shoot your mouth off. You might see that your 600chp turns into 530chp.

You keep on mentioning about you leaving 40 hp on the table. Where does this come from?
prior discussions you weren't involved in.
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:24

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

TPI-guy wrote:

Look, you seem like a nice guy, I actually feel guilty beating you up.

My point is there are a number of good products and they all make similar power when coupled with the right combination. No one product is sinificnatly superior to any one product.

The 40HP comes from me being told that's how much power I was giving up by using my heads instead of AFR, still waiting for someone to prove that to me, IMO, it's a joke.

See, someone says "you're losing 40 HP"....I say PROVE IT....they're answer is "no you prove it". HOw stupid is that.
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:28

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

cuisinartvette wrote:
Quote:

jsup wrote:
Quote:

cuisinartvette wrote:

The proof you wanted
A more powerful motor

Weve been through this 1000 times and you know the answer.
Tons of links, testonials, etc. I have seen myself forst hand actual head swaps on friends cars and the difference is night and day both in power and throttle response. Until you see it for yourself there is no convincing but if you dont care like you claim why such the issue with them?
You could have had a set if thats what you wanted, is that what youre really upset about?

Whatever, it's a bullshit answer. "I know a guy" isn't an answer. Same old stuff.

I'm too tired to go through this, I'm on Percacet for my hand, what you list proves nothing.
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:30

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

You were offered an opp to prove it with your car, your motor. You turned it down for reasons of your own, fine.
What more do you want?

[QUOTE]Whatever, it's a bullshit answer. "I know a guy" isn't an answer. Same old stuff.[/QUOTE]

No jsup, I turned wrenches on those swaps and drove them. He bought them because a customer stuck the shop for the money, he got a "good deal" on them, cheaped out. Same old friggin story...(below)

Last swap was a set of Dart Iron 200s ported for huge numbers on a 70 Nova, 383 etc etc etc. Car was a Pooch.Ran good but didnt make the power it should have.
On went a set of stock 195s with no porting, I was frankly shocked at the difference. The 195d made less #s, too. just one example. Not all of us are "book readers". I was skeptical at first too.
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:31

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Ron, if throttle response and seat of pants meant anything we'd all keep our L98s and trade in the LT4s for them.

What I want is to blunt the bullshit. TRUTH RON TRUTH.. that's all. This opinion that any one of the major manufacturers of heads is so vastly superior to the tune of 30-50 hp is a bunch of crap.
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:33

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Can we have at least a two week moritorium on heads?
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:37

Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

i just don't get why people just can't see whats in black and white?
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:38

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

cuisinartvette wrote:
You were offered an opp to prove it with your car, your motor. You turned it down for reasons of your own, fine.
What more do you want?

[QUOTE]Whatever, it's a bullshit answer. "I know a guy" isn't an answer. Same old stuff.[/QUOTE]

No jsup, I turned wrenches on those swaps and drove them.
Last swap was a set of Dart Iron 200s ported for huge numbers on a 70 Nova, 383 etc etc etc. Car was a Pooch.Ran good but didnt make the power it should have.
On went a set of stock 195s with no porting, I was frankly shocked at the difference. The 195d made less #s, too. just one example. Not all of us are "book readers". I was skeptical at first too.

You took an old set of boat anchors, put on new heads, regardless of brand, tuned up the car, re sealed the intake, re adjusted the valves, timing, etc....

I have just changed spark plugs and saw a difference.

Just saying, any new heads from any manufacturer would have had a stunning result.

Perhaps the combination was suited to what you put on, perhaps a smaller CC chamber uped the compression. Point is there are a lot of factors involved and to subscribe the entire gain when changing a lot of parameters does not prove anything.

Prove that any new set of heads would have made less of a difference, you can't. Therefore, it's not scientific and proves nothing.

Look guys, I really don't want to go through this here, can't we just drop it for a bit?
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:43

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

pr0zac wrote:
i just don't get why people just can't see whats in black and white?

No idea.....the only better marketing I have seen is Harley Davidson, they actually got people to tattoo it on their body...
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:44

Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

who has built something that made the numbers you "thought" it would. i would guess nobody ever!
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:46

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Nope, those were brand new castings that were ported and assembled. The 195s that replaced them were pre-eliminators.

I fell for the same crap in 99, bought a set of Dart 200 Conquest heads because they were "close enough" I was told to the AFR 190s back then. over $200 I cheaped out. Kinda knew better but fell for the hopeful BS. Car lost low end picked up a little midrange and was about the same up top compared to stock 462 heads.In short, I was real disappointed I wasted my hard earned $$. Car made 180 to the wheels on an old Mustang dyno (Jennings, North Hills Ca). Go figure
$2000 in professional porting later + tons in "real" valvetrain hardware they appear to be pretty substantial only the runner now is probably around 215 or better and have had to build a motor, regear, lighten the car, grind a custom cam in hopes it will work well which it probably will. Id trade them in a hot second for a 195 Comp Port, put it that way.

Anyway the reason I harp on it is to keep some from making the same mistakes, if you want to call names, bash, categorize because of it go ahead. Im simply trying to help out, hate hearing similar stories of guys having to spend the money 2-3x to get what they wanted in the first place, then be pissed off about it for God knows how long.BTDT got the Tshirt....call it passion for the hobby.

Whatever, I need groceries.....Ugh.

[QUOTE]who has built something that made the numbers you "thought" it would. i would guess nobody ever![/QUOTE]
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:53

Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

Quote:

cuisinartvette wrote:
Nope, those were brand new castings that were ported and assembled. The 195s that replaced them were pre-eliminators.

I fell for the same crap in 99, bought a set of Dart 200 Conquest heads because they were "close enough" I was told to the AFR 190s back then. over $200 I cheaped out. Kinda knew better but fell for the hopeful BS. Car lost low end picked up a little midrange and was about the same up top compared to stock 462 heads. $2000 in professional porting later they appear to be pretty substantial only the runner now is probably around 215 or better and have had to build a motor, regear, lighten the car, grind a custom cam in hopes it will work well which it probably will. Id trade them in a hot second for a 195 Comp Port, put it that way.

Anyway the reason I harp on it is to keep some from making the same mistakes, if you want to call names, bash, categorize because of it go ahead. Im simply trying to help out, hate hearing similar stories of guys having to spend the money 2-3x to get what they wanted in the first place, then be pissed off about it for God knows how long.BTDT got the Tshirt....call it passion for the hobby.

Whatever, I need groceries.....Ugh.
so you bought a 200cc head and what cam did you use? so if it replaced a stock head i am guessing it was a 350, so a 200 wasn't really a "great choice" then you went and had it ported for "big numbers" with the same cam that you didn't make anymore power with from stock heads and expected more?
Posted on: 2008/10/29 1:59

(1) 2 »
 Topic is Locked
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.