Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
196 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Ultraman, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Shark
Any Corvette from model year 1968 to 1982 is loosely referred to as a Shark. Stemming from the Mako concepts and a general acceptance that the C3 lo...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 02.08.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

How is everyone today? Anyone recovering from a hard Saturday night? Or is everyone too old? That's the way I feel, at least...lol.

Baby is still sick. Wifey took her to the doctor yesterday and they said it's some virus. Sam was throwing up for two days, really congested, and developed some rash. On the third day she finally got a fever. Basically not much we can do for her except monitor her and give her children's tylenol if her fever spikes. Having a sick baby sucks. I was up about 10 times last night. Ugh.

So what's everyone up to today? Gonna enjoy this warm weather streak? A little BBQ action? I saw a lot of people washing their cars in the driveway yesterday. I wish I could have but no time. Oh well.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/2/8 12:07

Livin_the_dream Re: Sunday Chat 02.08.09
Senior Guru
robesonia , pa
516 Posts

Your not old its when your kids start having kids! then you feel old! They grow up way too soon.
Posted on: 2009/2/8 12:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

happydad Re: Sunday Chat 02.08.09
Senior Guru
northern Ill
151 Posts

Morning Everyone...Had a good day yesterday..Picked up the rear hatch glass for the Vette,and got the engine back together and Running!!!! Yes Sir it was a beautiful day yesterday,almost all the snow is gone(except for the huge piles) I'm Soooooo ready for Spring
Have a Great Day People
Ken
Posted on: 2009/2/8 13:01
86 Coupe,350 bored .040 over,Eagle Internals,Scorp RR.Crane Cam,Hedman Hedders,Holley Mani,TCI Trans,3:73 Rear, Demon Carb ,Hole in the hood Scooped and Lots of leaks(Horsepower) I forget :thumbleft:

BrianCunningham Re: Sunday Chat 02.08.09
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Club meeting tonight

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

It's actually going to be warm out.

WINDY as all can be though.
Posted on: 2009/2/8 17:24

C2C3C4C6 Re: Sunday Chat 02.08.09
Guru
Sandwich, Illinois
63 Posts

"Baby is still sick. Wifey took her to the doctor yesterday and they said it's some virus. Sam was throwing up for two days, really congested, and developed some rash. On the third day she finally got a fever. Basically not much we can do for her except monitor her and give her children's tylenol if her fever spikes. Having a sick baby sucks. I was up about 10 times last night. Ugh".

It sounds like the baby has scarlet fever, those are all the symptoms [fever, rash]. The doctor will probably give an antibiotic. For Gods sake DON"T give the baby aspirin!! [Reyes syndrome]

We just went through this with our grandson. It must be something going around in northern Illinois!
Posted on: 2009/2/8 18:24

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 02.08.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hope your little one is feeling better soon, Matthew! I remember how tough it is watching your child be sick, especially when they can't yet understand what is going on.

I almost went and got the Vette out of storage yesterday, but the Mrs. talked me out of it. It would be a hassle to have it home before we go on our Mexico trip in a couple weeks. But a little sunshine and dry-ish roads has me jonesing bad. I'm eager to get started on spring projects.
Posted on: 2009/2/8 20:44

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 02.08.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Hope all get to felling better soon. I 've been busy. Got my new (cheap) surround sound receiver all hooked up. It's connected to a Bose 5.1 surround speaker system so it sounds just fine. Replaced a roller today in a sliding glass door. PIA. I've been busy every day. Retirement gives me the time I need to get stuff done.
Posted on: 2009/2/8 21:22

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 02.08.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

C2C3C4 wrote:

It sounds like the baby has scarlet fever, those are all the symptoms [fever, rash]. The doctor will probably give an antibiotic. For Gods sake DON"T give the baby aspirin!! [Reyes syndrome]

We just went through this with our grandson. It must be something going around in northern Illinois!

Thanks for the concern. My wife took the baby to the dr yesterday to get checked out and the dr specifically said it's not scarlet fever, wrong type of rash. That and there are no other symptoms such as swelling, white tongue, etc. My told me today that she had scarlet fever as a baby, kinda strange, huh?

I understand about the jonesing, Brad. But I called Friday and canceled my insurance (except liability) on the vette to save a couple bucks while it's still hibernating. That will prevent me from taking it out. I should have called before winter started, but I forgot. Hey, better late than never.

BIL and I are gonna head back to the Depot to get some more drywall. Looks like we'll start hanging it ourselves on Friday to save a little green. Should be quick, though, so I'm not too worried.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/2/8 23:40

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.