Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
164 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  HUD
HEADS UP DISPLAY. A DIGITAL PROJECTED DISPLAY ON INSIDE OF WINDSHIELD CONTAINING VEHICLE INFO SUCH AS SPEED, ENGINE TEMP, RPM, ETC. FOR DRIVER INFOR...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Touringmike Dear Mr. Bogus.......
Senior Guru
Sussex,Wi
569 Posts

Sort of a dumb question, as I know all are welcome, but these are the types of things that make me wonder;

Will this site remain C4 specific?

Why I ask is, we are experiencing a growth spurt at the moment in this forum, much the same as what happened a year ago, but, the name implies exclusivity.
While most of us belong to numerous Forums, Most of the others are all-generation forums (At least the forums I belong to).

A year ago you sent me an invite to join up here, so that brings on question #2.

Did you e-mail invites to C4 members/owners only?

#3. Do you have any plans for adding groups for other generations?
Posted on: 2007/12/30 15:28

DaleD Re: Dear Mr. Bogus.......
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:
Sort of a dumb question, as I know all are welcome, but these are the types of things that make me wonder;

Those are great questions. I know this wasn't addressed to me, but since it's a forum, I'll jump right in.
As much as I like the idea of C4 exclusivity, many, (most?), C4 owners have other Corvette interests. C4 and older might be a way to expand without generating the class warfare we see on other forums.
On the other hand, C5 is the next step for many C4 owners. In general the C5 is newer and faster, and it is a Corvette. Do you expand to keep users who move on to C5s, or view them as acceptable losses? Tough call.

I've seen it posted elsewhere, and I'd have to agree, the C4 owners are the red-headed step children of Corvette ownership. Many C4 owners don't spend a lot of money, and can barely afford their car. So, the C4 section on other forums doesn't exactly have vendors salivating. Yes there are C4 owners who have plenty of money, and choose to have a C4. Then there are the guys who could afford another generation, but find the C4 to be a nice place to be, (me).

If I owned the site, and I wanted to expand, I'd include C1-C3. Eventually, I'd go to C5, as the prices fall on C5s, there will be C4 owners who move to C5. But, if I owned the place, I'd expand. Love of the C4 is great, but there's nothing wrong with making money while doing what you like!
Posted on: 2007/12/30 15:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

kentucky_vetter RE:Dear Mr. Bogus.......
Senior Guru
somerset, ky
154 Posts

as a c3 & c4 owner i dont mind a c4 exclusive forum at all. there are plenty of places to gather c3 info. but it is nice to be able to share experience and knowledge of other vettes besides the c4. personally id welcome other gens on this forum . After all it is the love of the car that brings us together.
Posted on: 2007/12/30 16:11

brut RE:Dear Mr. Bogus.......
Guru Emeritus
New Albany, IN
1308 Posts

When we started this site years ago, it was simply because I had an '88. I didn't mind it either being exclusively for C4 because I knew there was no way to compete with CF. Now that things are takinga turn for the better, more cross generation info will be needed.
Posted on: 2007/12/30 16:17

Notorious RE:Dear Mr. Bogus.......
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

As much as I really like the fact that it's a C4 specific site, it'd be hard to argue with expansion to cover all Corvettes if the demand is there.
Posted on: 2007/12/30 16:35

cuisinartvette RE:Dear Mr. Bogus.......
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

I like the idea of a site dedicated to one particular Gen.
Posted on: 2007/12/30 16:37

SpectatorRacing RE:Dear Mr. Bogus.......
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Mehtinks this is going to be the toughest question C4guru will face in the near future.

A few comments:

1. I've been here a whole 2 days, but it feels much more like a community than CF. It really seems like if we didn't live all over the world we'd be drinking beer and having these conversations in someone's workshop or garage as opposed to online. And everyone would be borrowing Case and Andy's tools.

2. I haven't had a tech question yet, but I think that most of the people who's answers I sought out at CF are now here, and I'm sure the guys/gals I don't know yet will also be a wealth of knowledge. We'll see when I blow something up in March (or my car catches on fire). Until then, I'll help others with what I know.

3. Expansion is great, but the bigger this gets them more work it's going to be for bogus, brut, and the other powers that be. Get too big and you need help, and funds...we all know what happens then. It's a simple fact of life. So...how big do we want to be?

4. As Dale said, I have other car interests. I have a C4 because it's my track car, but I also have an M3 which I love as well. However, the M3 forums are useless and populated by tools. I dunno, it seems that while C4 owners are fiercely loyal to our cars, we have respect for anything fast, regardless of where it's from. Other forums seem to take the mentality "my car is "the shit" and anything else sucks."

5. There are guys in many of the CF forums that have long since sold their Corvettes but still hang out there for the friends and knowledge. I have a feeling that as many of us move on or sell our C4's this will still be a good place to come. At least that's what I hope. Unfortunately, I will be in a C5 within a year or two, it's just too much work to remain competitive with 20 year old technology. But I'll probably still pester you guys here...
Posted on: 2007/12/30 19:25

red_johnny RE:Dear Mr. Bogus.......
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

I also like the site being C4 specific. I would think that a better idea would be to create other C=Guru sites kinda running off of this one. I would imagine it would be cheaper that way
Posted on: 2007/12/30 20:00

bogus Re: Dear Mr. Bogus.......
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

Why I ask is, we are experiencing a growth spurt at the moment in this forum, much the same as what happened a year ago, but, the name implies exclusivity.
While most of us belong to numerous Forums, Most of the others are all-generation forums (At least the forums I belong to).

A year ago you sent me an invite to join up here, so that brings on question #2.

Did you e-mail invites to C4 members/owners only?

#3. Do you have any plans for adding groups for other generations?

Yes, this will stay C4 specific. And yes, there are plans for growth. We cannot stagnate during such a time of change. It would be rather silly, to be honest.

At the same time, I don't want to hurt the vibe that we are creating, so it will be handled gently.
Posted on: 2007/12/30 20:15

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.