Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
198 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Forums)

captmike13, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT4
Engine used in 1996, all manual equipped cars came with this engine....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 12.30.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

So they were talking on the radio this morning about how light traffic was due to the holiday week. Anyone here have the whole week off? I know a couple of you guys are teachers, so that would make sense. Anyone else in the "real world" have off

Not much to report here. Last day of work here before a long weekend. Took an extra vacation day so I'll be relaxin over the New Year's Weekend. Supposed to have a few people over on NYE and my folks are coming in from out of town. Looking forward to it.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/12/30 12:32

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 12.30.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I generally don't go out on New Years anymore. Amateur night. Besides, with all the gunfire at midnight I prefer to stay under a roof. We are having a family brunch on Sunday. I will probably make a tray of hors d'oeuvres, some coconut shrimp and other snack foods, sit back and watch a movie. We have an autocross on the 2nd. Guess I'll be busy enough.
Posted on: 2009/12/30 12:50
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

biggrizzly Re: Wednesday Chat 12.30.09
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

I wish I had off, but its a short week. Today is my last day and we are taking a Co-worker to lunch as tomorow is his last day. I'll miss him because he and I were tech buddies and always bringing in new tech-gadgets to show and tell with.

Anyone have exciting New Years plans? The wife and I are planning on going down the street to a local Marina that has a restaraunt/bar and have dinner with another couple. Afterward I'll watch everyone get drunk while we wait for the ball to drop in Times Square. Same ole, Same ole as every year. Nothing too exciting.
Posted on: 2009/12/30 12:54

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Just went outside. It's in the 50's. The higher level clouds are going east and the lower level clouds are going west. Watching mother nature do her stuff is still awe inspiring. Grey clouds are forming. I like to go out and watch the winter birds and see what stops by. Don't forget to take a minute and look around. Life is grand.
Posted on: 2009/12/30 13:08

Epimax Re: Wednesday Chat 12.30.09
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Good Morning!

Cold here! More snow..
This is going to take some getting used too...
It is beautiful, that's for sure..
No plans for NYE... By the time we get the baby to sleep, I'll be ready to call it a day! (as usual!)

Hope everybody has a great day!
Posted on: 2009/12/30 13:49

1Fast04Vert Re: Wednesday Chat 12.30.09
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

[quote]
I like to go out and watch the winter birds and see what stops by. quote]

We see a lot of winter birds heading for FL. They go by on the interstate, lot of Michigan and Ohio plates.
Posted on: 2009/12/30 13:49

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 12.30.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Morning CGs. Snow in KC too. We are headed home today around 9am, so we'll be fighting a little snow.

We've been invited to a family get-together NYE, but we've been gone all week and the wife has to work tomorrow and then turn around and head back just doesn't make sense. We're going to just stay home and enjoy it ourselves.

Have a good day.
Posted on: 2009/12/30 14:06

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 12.30.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Last day of the work week for me, too - it's been real quiet around the office all week. We're going to have some friends over tomorrow night for a nice crab leg dinner. I just heard the forecast for midnight tomorrow - a balmy -2. Looks like we're gonna spend the first part of the new year in the deep-freeze.

Have a good one, everybody!
Posted on: 2009/12/30 14:08

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Recipe for the New Year

HOW TO STAY YOUNG

1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay 'them'

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.' And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER :
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Posted on: 2009/12/30 14:41

BrianCunningham Re: Wednesday Chat 12.30.09
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

today's Friday for me

the rest of work has tomorrow off as well as the 1st, and I'm not coming in like I did last week.

one of 12 people here in a place that normally has 5,000
Posted on: 2009/12/30 15:25

Epimax Re: Wednesday Chat 12.30.09
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Recipe for the New Year

HOW TO STAY YOUNG

1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay 'them'

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.' And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER :
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Excellent Advice!
Posted on: 2009/12/30 15:35

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.