Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
235 user(s) are online (197 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  NHMS
New Hampshire Motor Speedway. This is the new name for New Hampshire International Speedway from now on. ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

bogus Snake Oil?
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Thoughts?

http://www.airlessvalve.com/

Sounds fishy to me.
Posted on: 2010/1/15 4:08

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Calm Re: Snake Oil?
Senior Guru
Vancouver, Canada
608 Posts

They claim it doesn't restrict the water PRESSURE.....but nothing about restricting the water VOLUME.

I'm pretty sure it's simply a flow restrictor valve.
Posted on: 2010/1/15 5:39

CorvetteBob Re: Snake Oil?
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Quote:

Calm wrote:
They claim it doesn't restrict the water PRESSURE.....but nothing about restricting the water VOLUME.

I agree with both of you guys. Something's not being said or properly presented.
Posted on: 2010/1/15 6:00

Jeffvette Re: Snake Oil?
Elite Guru
Not on CF
1297 Posts

Unless it's sold by Billy Mays it is garbage!
Posted on: 2010/1/15 7:26

JrRifleCoach Re: Snake Oil?
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

SHam - WOW!!!!!
Posted on: 2010/1/15 8:33
As democracy is perfected, the POTUS represents more closely the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a fool and narcissistic moron.

BillH Re: Snake Oil?
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

If I install one backwards in my air compressor, will it keep water out of my air lines?
Posted on: 2010/1/15 14:04

SpectatorRacing Re: Snake Oil?
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Two questions:

How, exactly, is it catching all of this crazy air?

What is it doing with it? It's a sealed system, so does this air just build up in your pipe forever? Please.
Posted on: 2010/1/15 14:15

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

SpectatorRacing wrote:
Two questions:

How, exactly, is it catching all of this crazy air?

What is it doing with it? It's a sealed system, so does this air just build up in your pipe forever? Please.

Do your faucets spit air when you turn them on?

Attach file:

gif  ATT00299.gif (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/1/15 14:18

Vetron87 Re: Snake Oil?
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Air in water lines??? Once pressurized with water would'nt the air be forced out through the water supply lines when used? Unless there is a leak in the supply line, then you would have a water leak! Right!!! Sounds like a lead in commercial for ShamWo to absorb the leaking water. Sounds like a buddy of mine that bought a fuel catalyst for his truck. no increase in fuel mileage, no increase in performance, just spent $200.00 plus bucks for nothing. He removed the catalyst sent back for a refund and bought a KN air filter that helped, no brainer there. We need the sell the CG hub cap bearing to go along with the complete kit of Knutnewton valves and forsensron gaskets for $19.99 buy wait if you order now we will send you 2 complete sets plus a set of knives!! Snake Oil Yes
Posted on: 2010/1/15 14:27

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Attach file:

jpg  0327092inside1.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/1/15 14:31

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Posted on: 2010/1/15 14:38

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

ShamWow Guy In Slap, Chop Bust
TV pitchman battered hooker in South Beach hotel room brawl
MARCH 27--Meet Vince Shlomi. He's probably better known to you as the ShamWow Guy, the ubiquitous television pitchman who has been phenomenally successful peddling absorbent towels and food choppers. Shlomi, 44, was arrested last month on a felony battery charge following a violent confrontation with a prostitute in his South Beach hotel room. According to an arrest affidavit, Shlomi met Sasha Harris, 26, at a Miami Beach nightclub on February 7 and subsequently retired with her to his $750 room at the lavish Setai hotel. Shlomi told cops he paid Harris about $1000 in cash after she "propositioned him for straight sex." Shlomi said that when he kissed Harris, she suddenly "bit his tongue and would not let go." Shlomi then punched Harris several times until she released his tongue. The affidavit, a copy of which you'll find here, notes that during the 4 AM fight Harris sustained facial fractures and lacerations all over her face (she is pictured here in mug shots snapped following busts in 2008 and 2005). After freeing his tongue, a bleeding Shlomi ran to the Setai lobby, where security summoned cops. Harris refused to cooperate with officers, who recovered $930 from her purse. "Both parties had a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage emitting from their persons," police reported. In a brief telephone interview, Harris declined to answer TSG questions about her run-in with Shlomi, though she did say she is considering a lawsuit against the pitchman. Asked if she worked as a hooker, Harris declined comment. As seen in the below mug shot, Shlomi was also injured during the fracas and, court records show, was treated at Mount Sinai Medical Center. While Shlomi and Harris were both arrested for felony aggravated battery, prosecutors this month declined to file formal charges against the combatants. Police records list Shlomi's occupation as "Marketing," but make no mention of his affiliation with the ShamWow or the Slap Chop, both of which sell for $19.95 (plus shipping and handling).
Posted on: 2010/1/15 14:42

SpectatorRacing Re: Snake Oil?
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

Nope. And even if they did, that would imply that the air is going through the pipes to the faucet, and therefore it's going past the meter and I'm being charged for it.
Posted on: 2010/1/15 14:48

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

ThammmmWoth. Thorry I get my F#$%ing tongue caught in a blendoe. Slap Chop no BHi#$% Slap. :tongue1:
Posted on: 2010/1/15 15:00

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

SpectatorRacing wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

Nope. And even if they did, that would imply that the air is going through the pipes to the faucet, and therefore it's going past the meter and I'm being charged for it.

If they made these smaller, could we use them on our brake lines?

Attach file:

jpg  thumbCurlyHoward.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/1/15 15:06

CentralCoaster Re: Snake Oil?
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Did she love his nuts?

Sounds like he tried to slap his troubles away without the help of the slap chop. Big mistake!

Posted on: 2010/1/15 18:58

CentralCoaster Re: Snake Oil?
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

Calm wrote:

Agreed. It says all they did was apply the same pressure to both meters. They didn't show what came out the other end.

If the valve somehow took advantage of the the meter's design by side loading the impeller or some other way of making it read inefficiently, there'd be a benefit. But not because "air builds up in the water pipelines via internal and external processes." LOL. Of course that'd be illegal, because you don't own the pipe before the meter, and you have no way of shutting it off to install anything.

Water meters tend to read a little bit low at extremely low flow rates and extremely high flow rates but the difference is about 1%. They make up for it by reading slightly higher in the middle range.

Air is normally dissolved in water and can come out of the water as the pressure drops or the temperature warms up. So the volume can change, but 40% is bullshit. And this thing does nothing to put the air back in. Large heating and chilled water systems have air seperators to keep air bubbles from causing mechanical damage or corrosion.
Posted on: 2010/1/15 19:12

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.