Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
326 user(s) are online (263 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C3
Abbreviation for the 3rd generation of Corvettes built from 1968-1982....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Monday Chat 03.15.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Let the chatter begin.
Posted on: 2010/3/15 13:35
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: Monday Chat 03.15.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I'm happy.

Attach file:

jpg  7_Day_full.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/3/15 13:39

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 03.15.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Good morning! Looks like we're headed back to the 40's after today - summer was short-lived. Meanwhile, it still feels like I'm missing an hour.

Have a good one!
Posted on: 2010/3/15 13:42

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 03.15.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, I'm not adjusted to the DST switch yet

I was busy last night working on the in-laws' laptop again. The charging port finally bit the dust. I disassembled the entire thing and did find a bad solder joint at the connector. I attempted to resolder it and put everything back together. Now it will turn on with the cord plugged in but won't charge the battery It's weird. If you have the battery in and the cord at the same time, the screen flickers every 5 seconds bright and dim. Take the battery out, it's bright only. Battery in, no cord, it's dim (power save). I figure the socket must be bad and it's not getting the charging command. So I ordered a new one for the grand total of $3.30 shipped. What a PIA.

Hopefully I'll get to tinker with the car today. I cleaned the house up yesterday, so my wife should have nothing to complain about....hahahahaha.

Hope everyone has a great day. Except Bill - you suck and I hope it rains

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/3/15 13:45

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 03.15.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Here's a (long) recap of our rally event yesterday with our local Porsche group.

We met up at a diner right off I-75. Had a nice lite breakfast while we waited for group to gather. Of course there were plenty of stragglers because of the time change. Had a brief drivers meeting and cars were still pulling in. The lead car driver mentioned that it would be a leisurely drive. We were going about 180 miles away to Muscle Car City. Right from the jump it was a matter of keep up with the pack. I'm sure the lead driver took the speed limit signs only as a suggestion. The caravan of all things Porsche (911's, 944's, Caymans, etc) throttled down 75 to the Snake Road exit. That would bring us through the Seminole Indian Reservation and some small South Florida towns on a diagnal, cross state, to eventually reconnect to I-75. Snake road has it's name for a reason. We traversed through fields along a canal bank at speeds ecceeding *** mph. I wish I could tell ya but I don't want my club to get into any trouble. We had one portion through the reservation that had a 25mph speed limit that we stricktly observed and is known for it's strict enforcement. We did not see a single enforcement officer on out entire trip. It was almost like they gave us a free pass. I remember at one point as my wife was driving her 911, "If we have a mechanical failure or blowout at this speed, they'll be picking up pieces of us and the wreckage." Alas, nothing happened to anyone but there is always a risk when driving at high speeds. Later in the day, a safety steward that came with another pack mentioned; "Good thing there wasn't an alligator sunning himself on the roadbed. Hitting a gator at high speed can cause a hell of a lot of damage." We drove through some small towns that I'm sure rarely see a parade like this. We were like a mobile traffic jam for these folks. LOL. They couldn't get onto the main road till we passed. We eventually made out way to Rick Treworgy's Muscle Car Museum. They had a car show going on in the parking lot when we arrived. There were 2 SoFlo club chapters that met up at the museum . They put us in our own section of the parking lot. There were probably between 60 and 70 cars in the combined groups. People came over from the car show to marvel at the mass of imports gathered in our section. Lots of sweet cars to look at. Rick came over and was intoduced to us. We stood around and chatted for a few minutes, he welcomed us and told us about his museum. After that we were on our own to explore the 200+ cars inside as well as some nice stuff gathered in the parking lot. There is quite a collection of Corvettes from 54 to 76. There were also a 92 ZR1, a 94 stocker, a 96 GranSport and a 2010 ZR1 on display from the local dealer. The museum houses primarily GM products from old Woody trucks, assorted pick ups, like a couple of 58 Apaches', delivery trucks of different configurations, on to a Miss Budweiser boat and tow rig. GTO's 442's Firebirds Camaro's, late 50's Implalas, BelAires, El Caminos, Malibus, Willys products, some vintage Caddys. Monte Carlos, RS,SS,Z28's. Customs, stockers , retro-rods and the list goes on. They have a diner inside that was good for a quick bite to eat. We had some friends from Fort Myers hook up with us there and I gave them an informal tour of the place with what I knew of the products displayed. Later we went back to out friends place. It was a nice house with screened in pool overlooking a pond and a golf course. We enjoyed dinner on the patio and a few hours of banter till it was time to head for home. We still had a 2+ hour drive ahead of us. We made it home sometime around 10:00 PM. A nice full day. The dogs, the pig and the bird were all happy to see us, even though were were late in getting their dinner. Have a great day Gurus and plan something for the near future.

http://www.musclecarcity.net/

Posted on: 2010/3/15 14:43

biggrizzly Re: Monday Chat 03.15.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

Well, I'm not adjusted to the DST switch yet

I was busy last night working on the in-laws' laptop again. The charging port finally bit the dust. I disassembled the entire thing and did find a bad solder joint at the connector. I attempted to resolder it and put everything back together. Now it will turn on with the cord plugged in but won't charge the battery It's weird. If you have the battery in and the cord at the same time, the screen flickers every 5 seconds bright and dim. Take the battery out, it's bright only. Battery in, no cord, it's dim (power save). I figure the socket must be bad and it's not getting the charging command. So I ordered a new one for the grand total of $3.30 shipped. What a PIA.

Hopefully I'll get to tinker with the car today. I cleaned the house up yesterday, so my wife should have nothing to complain about....hahahahaha.

Hope everyone has a great day. Except Bill - you suck and I hope it rains

Matthew

Good Morning all.

Matt - I had an HP latptop that AC input connector on the motherboard was shot and no power could get to the battery for charging or powering the computer. I had to order the connector online and remove the motherboard. Solder a new connector in place and put it back together. A real PITA.

Anyhow, that worked for a while until the same thing happened again. The design of those connectors were pretty bad.
Posted on: 2010/3/15 16:24

biggrizzly Re: Monday Chat 03.15.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Snake road has it's name for a reason. We traversed through fields along a canal bank at speeds ecceeding *** mph. I wish I could tell ya but I don't want my club to get into any trouble.

Tommy - sounds like a hoot!! Glad you all had a good time and arrived home safely!
Posted on: 2010/3/15 16:28

Epimax Re: Monday Chat 03.15.10
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Snake road has it's name for a reason. We traversed through fields along a canal bank at speeds ecceeding *** mph. I wish I could tell ya but I don't want my club to get into any trouble.

Tommy - sounds like a hoot!! Glad you all had a good time and arrived home safely!

Indeed!
Posted on: 2010/3/15 17:10

teebee Re: Monday Chat 03.15.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Hey guys late check in. I left the house at 7:15 this morning, loaded the truck and headed out. I had a former student with me to help (a good student who is now a local handyman/carpenter). We worked on getting all the counter tops pulled out and new ones installed. I got back to the house about 7pm. When I got home the wife was really needing groceries, since she had been gone for two weeks, so I changed clothes and we headed to the 'city'. Grabbed a bite and then on to the supermarket. My butts a dragging right about now, but it feels good to have finished that job today.
Posted on: 2010/3/16 3:18

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

captmike13 Re: Monday Chat 03.15.10
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Got done watching a very movie. Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Particularly enjoyed the unedited pool scene.

Made for a good end to a Monday.
Posted on: 2010/3/16 3:34

captmike13@yahoo.com

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.