Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
306 user(s) are online (248 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 05.31.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Happy Memorial Day to everyone. Please take a minute to remember all those who have sacrificed for us to be here today. I found a nice article I'll be posting up that you may want to read.

Should turn out to be another hot, sunny day today. I have another bbq after work so those will be my plans. Haven't gotten much done on the car, I've been to three hardware store looking for the right bolts, no dice. I'll try another one later today. Irritating little set backs.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/5/31 11:27

teebee Re: Monday Chat 05.31.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Not much planned here. Right now it's foggy and very cool for Late May, 56*.

I have a bunch of stuff in my shop from the daughters move. Her ex apparently didn't want any of his tools, as he was informed multiple times that he needed to get his stuff out. Well he didn't take too much, so I had to move all the big tools, table saw, 4"jointer, 13" portable planer, benchtop drill press, his weight bench and weights. Now I'm left with figuring out what to do with them. Thinking about a garage sale.

Everyone here have a great Memorial Day.
Posted on: 2010/5/31 13:21

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Weavsvet Re: Monday Chat 05.31.10
Senior Guru
446 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Not much planned here. Right now it's foggy and very cool for Late May, 56*.

I have a bunch of stuff in my shop from the daughters move. Her ex apparently didn't want any of his tools, as he was informed multiple times that he needed to get his stuff out. Well he didn't take too much, so I had to move all the big tools, table saw, 4"jointer, 13" portable planer, benchtop drill press, his weight bench and weights. Now I'm left with figuring out what to do with them. Thinking about a garage sale.

Everyone here have a great Memorial Day.

He must be nuts!

I see that kind of stuff all the time in newspapers. You shouldn't have any problem getting rid of it.
Posted on: 2010/5/31 13:25
1996 Corvette Coupe,AFR 195 street Eliminators,Edelbrock LT4 Air Gap intake manifold,9.5" 2800 stall,TPIS LT headers,Bullet 226/230.565.565/111 lsa cam,1.7 Scorpion rr's,EWP, X Pipe, Stock Exhaust,Elec.Cutouts,Dana 44/3.45, Tune by Wester's Garage

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 05.31.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Yesterday somebody asked me what my plans are for the week and I just gave them a blank stare. I don't have a plan for this week. I don't have a plan for today. I know I'm gonna do someything. I'll know by the time I have my second cup of coffee. The one thing I know is I have two clean chariots just outside my front door that are ready and rearing to go. Right now I have to go take a ..........nevermind ........
Posted on: 2010/5/31 13:45

BillH Re: Monday Chat 05.31.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Yesterday somebody asked me what my plans are for the week and I just gave them a blank stare. I don't have a plan for this week. I don't have a plan for today. I know I'm gonna do someything.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Actually, sounds like my usual plan.

Now, if we both could just stay the F off the internet.
Posted on: 2010/5/31 13:58

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 05.31.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Yesterday somebody asked me what my plans are for the week and I just gave them a blank stare. I don't have a plan for this week. I don't have a plan for today. I know I'm gonna do someything.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Actually, sounds like my usual plan.

Now, if we both could just stay the F off the internet.

How true ...........

It is distracting, isn't it.
Posted on: 2010/5/31 14:29

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 05.31.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Bill and Tommy, the Internet is watching you. Don't even try to get away, or you'll be sorry.....

The sun is back in full force today - not sure what I'm gonna do yet, but it is going to be outdoors. Enjoy your day, and give a nod to those who made sure you had an opportunity to do so.
Posted on: 2010/5/31 14:38

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 05.31.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Well I was wrong about being a nice day...started out that way, now it's pouring down rain in sheets. Crazy. Wonder if the afternoon BBQ will be rained out?

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/5/31 16:51

Fluff Re: Monday Chat 05.31.10
Senior Guru
Winchester UK & Alicante ES
247 Posts

Good morning/afternoon,

32c (89f) today, so I dug out the house fans. I always strip the fans down and clean em up before putting em away... must have bloomin forget last autumn, so I've been servicing and cleaning four fans all day... I hate that job, specially as we have two dogs and their molted fur gets into the fans.

One thing cheered me up... I had a refund of money that the UK taxman owed me... I've now gotta try and keep away from browsing the vette parts site... what do I need????
Posted on: 2010/5/31 17:36

djxib Re: Monday Chat 05.31.10
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

Had a very productive day on my 1992: oil change, fuel filter, fuel pump sock (and general cleanup), coilover bushings, fixed some wiring issues. Heading out for a few steak fajitas now..
Posted on: 2010/5/31 21:45

1996 Greenwood Collectors Edition LT4

Previously 1992 Convertible Polo Green. 383 LT1/LT4 forged/balanced. V7-YSi, Alky. 608RWHP... Now sitting at a dismantler with a salvage title. Still runs...

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.