Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
343 user(s) are online (286 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Monday Chat 09.13.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Good morning. Here's a link to a story that backs up what I've been saying all along about Miami weather.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/09/12 ... ac-lists-miami-among.html

It actually looks like it could be a nice day outside today. I have lots of running around and a few stops to make this morning. Pool supply, Post Office, nursery, CVS. I wish I could take a Vette but no pool chemicals will ever sit inside one of those cars. A tree or plant maybe but no chemicals. Another job for the trusty Yukon. Have a great day everyone.

" I have not failed I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. " Thomas Edison
Posted on: 2010/9/13 12:19
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Vetron87 Re: Monday Chat 09.13.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good Morning Gurus. Another beautiful Day! Sunny high near 73. Students have the Monday Blahs. 164 days to go! Erin returns home tomorrow. Have a great day guys.
Posted on: 2010/9/13 12:34

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 09.13.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Good morning! Tommy, you should move to MN - we're gonna have highs in the 50's later this week. Plus you could partake of the entertainment we have to offer:

http://www.mntesticlefestival.com/
Posted on: 2010/9/13 12:45

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Monday Chat 09.13.10
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14739 Posts

Good Morning! Long weekend started on Friday morning when my 87 year old step dad called and said that my mother had kicked him out of the house and he didn't know what to do. Here we go! So I cancelled some meetings and headed for Kansas to see what was the problem. Got there and listened to both sides and then told them to grow up for heavens sake! Honestly! My Mom who is 87 also can be a real piece of work on occasion so we had to work through things and I hope got it worked out. Way to much drama for me! No matter how old you get you still have to live with each other and be nice.

So I then rushed back to see Ultraboy start at center for our varsity football game Friday night and on his first shotgun snap he hiked it over the head of the QB. The other team recovered and drove the field for a touchdown. The other team went on to beat us like a drum. Nuts! He had a little adrenaline going on I'm thinking. He is only a sophmore and he settled down after that happend.

Saturday to the Husker game and left early because we were not having any problems with Idaho U. Went to Famous Dave's then home to rest.

Congrats Tommy on having the worst weather, I think you guys took that away from Huston this year.
Wow Brad, that looks like fun! Nothing like a good nut feed!
Weather is always perfect in Huskerland.
Word for the day is Vigilance, I don't know why, 9-11 maybe.
Encourage someone today, it's tough out there!
Posted on: 2010/9/13 13:03

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 09.13.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Art Linkletter used to say children do the darnedest things. Same applies to the oldsters. They can come up with variations of things never before concieved by man. Maybe you stepdad was chasing around a younger skirt (80 y/o). Maybe Mom won't give him any spending money. They should both just forget about it. There's a pretty good chance of that without doing anything.
Posted on: 2010/9/13 13:14

BillH Re: Monday Chat 09.13.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I'm headed back to that steel building to work on the roof again. Fun,fun,fun,

The Farmer's Alamanac is very accurate. See # 5.

http://www.farmersalmanac.com/blog/20 ... e-10-best-weather-cities/
Posted on: 2010/9/13 13:19

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I just broke out a cassette of Cat Stevens Greatest Hits. It's got to be 30 years old and it still plays well. The sound quality is really astonishing. For you youngsters, a cassette is a primitive form of tape recorded media. Who has any reel to reel music? In the late 60's and early 70's that was "The Thing".

Posted on: 2010/9/13 13:34

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 09.13.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Had a good time at the Christening last night. Just enough adult beverages to enjoy myself well without waking up with a hangover today I've got some errands to do today - get to the UPS store, finish cleaning the garage, get in a run. Glad I took the day off.

Brad - I love that poster. I'm glad some people still have a sense of humor. Only in MN, huh?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/9/13 13:45

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I remember a friend had a big reel-to-reel, and he'd play his records once, on a high-end turntable - to record them onto the reel-to-reel.
Posted on: 2010/9/13 14:00

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I just broke out a cassette of Cat Stevens Greatest Hits. It's got to be 30 years old and it still plays well. The sound quality is really astonishing. For you youngsters, a cassette is a primitive form of tape recorded media.

I have many albums that I put on cassette, not only to play in the car but to preserve the vinyl. I bought the best cassettes at the time TDK-SA, IIRC.

The cassettes had decent quality but nothing compared tp reel to reel because of tape speed.
Same thing in standard VCR compared to HiFi VCR.
Posted on: 2010/9/13 14:05

Ultraman Re: Monday Chat 09.13.10
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14739 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Art Linkletter used to say children do the darnedest things. Same applies to the oldsters. They can come up with variations of things never before concieved by man. Maybe you stepdad was chasing around a younger skirt (80 y/o). Maybe Mom won't give him any spending money. They should both just forget about it. There's a pretty good chance of that without doing anything.

Yeah, I got to thinking after he was so suprised to see me if he even remembered calling me. He is a good guy and has taken good care of Ma. My Dad was killed in 88 in the wreck of his Cessna aircraft and my Mom was at her 50th reunion in 91 when she came across an old flame and they turned it into a new flame. He's the only grandpa my kids have ever known.
Posted on: 2010/9/13 14:36

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

I remember a friend had a big reel-to-reel, and he'd play his records once, on a high-end turntable - to record them onto the reel-to-reel.

Yep, you wanted to record virgin vinyl before you got any scratches or pops. What I enjoy most about the old stereo stuff is the speaker seperation and instrument depth that I don't seem to hear in modern day CDs. About the only things I didn't save are my 20 albums from my mid teens and my 8 tracks. Everything else I pretty much have. Hundreds of albums, tapes, CDs, DVDs, VHS. I even have a refurbished pair of pioneer speaker cabinets I bought back in 1975. I replaced the speakers 20 years ago. I could literally sit here for a year and not see or hear the same thing twice. That's a throwback to the days when I said; When I retire I'm gonna sit back and get high and watch and listen to this stuff all over again. Not much sitting back and no getting high. Oh well .............
Posted on: 2010/9/13 14:43

teebee Re: Monday Chat 09.13.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Hey gurus....it's a Monday here at school. The darn kids slept on their side over the weekend, and everything I poured into their heads last week flowed out. We are starting all over....UUUUUUUHHHHHHHHGGGGGG.

I still have most all of my albums as well, and like many of you guys, most have been played once or twice, just to record them onto cassettes. Within the last year I've been working off and on converting them to digital format. I have a long way to go, but I am gradually making some headway. Bill the BEST ones were the "MA" series. I always wanted a TEAC reel-to-reel, but could never come up with the cash.

Many older people are just as bad as little kids....in nearly every respect....I feel for you, Uman. Where in Kansas did you have to go?

NUTS? Oh man mountain oysters are the best.
Posted on: 2010/9/13 15:31

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Good morning! Tommy, you should move to MN - we're gonna have highs in the 50's later this week. Plus you could partake of the entertainment we have to offer:

http://www.mntesticlefestival.com/

The ATV and Truck Pull are always a hoot. I've eaten many foods. Snails, squid, roe and eggs but Rocky Mountain oysters have never passed my teeth and they never will. However for a price, everything is negotiable.
Posted on: 2010/9/13 21:32

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I've eaten many foods. Snails, squid, roe and eggs but Rocky Mountain oysters have never passed my teeth and they never will. However for a price, everything is negotiable.

I had some in Colorado, in college, quite tasty.
But I won't eat one of those lolipops with a bug in it.
Posted on: 2010/9/13 23:22

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
. Bill the BEST ones were the "MA" series. I always wanted a TEAC reel-to-reel, but could never come up with the cash.

IIRC, the MA's were metal and the SA's were just below them in quality.
By the time I had the $$$$ for a reel to reel, I didn't want one any more. I did get a deal on a high dollar Yamaha turntable and cart.
Posted on: 2010/9/13 23:26

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Posted on: 2010/9/13 23:27

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I just got home from working on the roof of that big ass steel building.
I had forgotten what Manuel labor was like.
But, I did remember that I hate it.
Posted on: 2010/9/13 23:30

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I'm sure your friend appreciates the help and the sore muscles ;-)
Posted on: 2010/9/13 23:44

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
I just got home from working on the roof of that big ass steel building.
But, I did remember that I hate it.

Nothing makes you feel as good as when you freely give to others. So how about you give me 50 bucks.
Posted on: 2010/9/13 23:52

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Nothing makes you feel as good as when you freely give to others. So how about you give me 50 bucks.

OK
Posted on: 2010/9/14 0:32

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
I'm sure your friend appreciates the help and the sore muscles ;-)

Yea, they're good people.
Sure isn't going fast though. The roof panels are 3ft. x 26.ft, one panel on each side of the peak. 52 panels total, I think we got 8 up today from 8:00 to 3:30.
Posted on: 2010/9/14 0:37

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

In 1969 I bought a Teac 3000 something reel to reel and a Gerard turntable from the Navy PX. Like Tommy said the depth of the instruments were incredable and everytime you listen to the music you heard something new. I still have the Fisher Speakers the Teac was stolen back in 73 with twenty reels of music.
Bill I kept telling myself in my youthful years that if I work hard get a good education I will never have to weld or build stuff, no more manual labor and no more scuba diving. My education must have sucked!!
I enjoy helping friends do things, roofs, engines,etc, and never ask for money. Usually when money gets involved the process of the project becomes tainted.
The receptrical labor is always appreciated. When I did my 89 Chevy S10 4.3 V6 to a zz4 build it was gratifing to see all the good quality help I had. The job took 2 weekends instead of months.
Posted on: 2010/9/14 0:47

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

OK

Damn I hate clowns!!!!
Posted on: 2010/9/14 0:49

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 09.13.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

Just stop by Tommy's nursery. Manuel, Pablo, and Jose will teach you all about manual labor.
Posted on: 2010/9/14 2:34

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:

The receptrical labor is always appreciated.

It sure is.

And guess what I noticed sitting in their yard today?????

A full size Hunter alignment rack/lift that's going into the shop.
Posted on: 2010/9/14 2:56

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.