Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
289 user(s) are online (246 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Backspacing
A wheel dimension measured from the hub mounting surface to the inner sidewall of the tire, usually measured in Inches. It determines how much tire ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

JrRifleCoach OK, OK, OK.... he was a little bit off..
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

So I'm finally getting some work done this evening and listening to the news. They're interviewing this modern day travesty of an ASU college student/class mate of the killer in AZ. This guys hair is colored hot pink and purple. Lots of great fingernail polish too!

The "guy" is giving first hand observation/opinions of the killer in AZ. So he starts with: "he was off". Then, "he wasn't able to connect with people, people couldn't understand were he was coming from". He made people uncomfortable and students were distracted by his presence".

I'm still not sure who he was talking about.
Posted on: 2011/1/11 7:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: OK, OK, OK.... he was a little bit off..
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

I saw a clip yesterday online about how they were gonna give some girl a makeover...they dyed the top of her hair red, shaved the side, made it blonde, and then painted on leopard spots....man, I must be out of touch with reality, huh?

Funny thing is, what did the older generation say 40 years ago about hippies and their clothing? Or before that with rock music?

Not that I agree with dudes wearing fingernail polish, but is it the next social revolution? I dunno.

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/1/11 12:36

TommyT-Bone Re: OK, OK, OK.... he was a little bit off..
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Never judge a book by it's cover. Read the last few paragraphs then you'll know for sure if the book is full of shit.
Posted on: 2011/1/11 12:39

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Funny thing is, what did the older generation say 40 years ago about hippies and their clothing? Or before that with rock music?
Matthew

Posted on: 2011/1/11 13:10

DaleD Re: OK, OK, OK.... he was a little bit off..
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:

Matthew

I am in the age group that laughed when the parents complained about long hair, bad music, declining morals, etc.

I submit that a huge part of the mess this country is in, is a direct result of former "hippies" getting their hands on the levers of power.

Sometimes dismissing things as trivial can come back to bite you.
Posted on: 2011/1/11 14:56

Ultraman Re: OK, OK, OK.... he was a little bit off..
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14747 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
I saw a clip yesterday online about how they were gonna give some girl a makeover...they dyed the top of her hair red, shaved the side, made it blonde, and then painted on leopard spots....man, I must be out of touch with reality, huh?

Not that I agree with dudes wearing fingernail polish, but is it the next social revolution? I dunno.

Matthew

I don't think that's going to catch on out here!

Posted on: 2011/1/11 15:06

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

bogus Re: OK, OK, OK.... he was a little bit off..
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Not to go into the nature of politics, the concept of political correctness, the general wussification of our nation...

But this young man was mentally troubled, it was identified and no one acted. He was kicked out of college because of mental issues, the military didn't want him... take your pick.

And at no time was he ever institutionalized or diagnosed. If he had been, his chances of buying the weapon used to commit this crime never would have happened.

Many people float among us with mental issues, that is a fact, and of those, a percentage are dangerous. The tragity is that no one wants to man up and confront these people.

A friends brother was manic-paranoid. He had been under care, but he was convinced that the company he was working for was making mind reading devices... this was a period when he was off his meds. We worked for the same consulting house, and I was good friends with his older brother. I reached out to both, but it wasn't fast enough, by the time they were both able to mobilize to help him, he had already bolted on a cross country road trip... no one got hurt, he wasn't wired that way, but he did wig out in a big way. I know what I did was the right thing... why couldn't someone else have done the same thing for this young man?

We as a society have become so paranoid of helping... so afraid to stick our necks out to do the right thing, that kids like this are allowed to manifest into killing machines. His former college had mental health professionals, if they felt he needed assistance, they could have mandated it, but now, they kicked him with a recommendation. Now, let me wash this blood off my hands...
Posted on: 2011/1/11 17:14

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

You have to remember that most long term mental health facilities have closed. The new residence for many is the streets. For those fortunate enough to fight the bureaucracy with legal representation and last through all the hearings through the years can finally secure assistance through Social Security Disability and supplemental medical coverage through Medicare if they qualify. Local mental health nonprofit orginizations can help with the day to day activities and transport of the individual. These are the lucky ones. Unless they come from a family of means, they must fend for themselves. There's alot of fuckin nuts in this country and unfortunately I know way to many of them.
Posted on: 2011/1/11 18:08

Vetron87 Re: OK, OK, OK.... he was a little bit off..
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Tommy your right about local mental health care facilities closing. Our schools' mental health professional is swamped with student referrals from teachers.
Is this a nation wide trend or an excuse to fail. Oh... my shop teacher told me I was getting an F in his class! when I asked him why an F! he told me that was the lowest grade he could give me......does that mean he doesn't like me.. But...but...my self esteem is hurt!!!!!, I don't think I can go on!!!...he wants me to use power tools. Holy shit!!! I growl at some little gangbanger he goes to the shrink. Ola Puta! See I'm fricking diverse!!
Posted on: 2011/1/11 18:25

BillH Re: OK, OK, OK.... he was a little bit off..
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Our schools' mental health professional

Unheard of when we went to school.
Posted on: 2011/1/11 18:46

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:

If you had problems your dad would fix those with a belt!
Posted on: 2011/1/11 19:00

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:

That's when "Wait till your father gets home." had some impact.
Posted on: 2011/1/11 19:10

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:

That's when "Wait till your father gets home." had some impact.

Now its lets sue the teacher and school system! " No body talk to my baby child thata way and live to tell aboutz it."
Posted on: 2011/1/11 19:15

CentralCoaster Re: OK, OK, OK.... he was a little bit off..
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I've learned not to judge to much on appearance. I've met plenty of plain looking people that were the biggest or weirdest SOBs on the planet, and others that looked like they were dressed for Halloween 365 days a year, but had their head on straight.

I figure there's two different ways to not care about what others think of your appearance.

Other stereotypes like bikers and tattoos are way off in my experience.
Posted on: 2011/1/11 21:09

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.