Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
191 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Saw Blades
The wheel style used for most of the C4s existence.

The early saw blades face forward. This means they catch air from the outside and drag it insi...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Friday Chat 04.08.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22806 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Happy Friday to all. I'm sure everyone's amped up for the weekend. Rain here this morning. Might clear out later, but then more rain the rest of the next few days.

I got another good night's sleep last night. I've never been a big fan of reading books just to read them. I have to have a sense of purpose...like learning something from them. Fiction to me is a waste of time. I don't read for leisure. The last two nights I've shut off the computer early and sat down and read a book for the last hour of my evening. I think it helps me relax quite a bit. I go to sleep and fall asleep right away instead of laying there thinking about things. This might become a new habit of mine. Anyone else?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/4/8 11:29

biggrizzly Re: Friday Chat 04.08.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good morning Matt & Gurus!

You're definitely on to something there about relaxing and getting off the computer or television for an hour before sleep. Studies claim that you sleep better if chill out about an hour before sleep to let all the detritus from the day settle out into the bottom of your skull.

I have loved reading my whole life and I mix it up quite a bit between genres. I don't have the time to read like I used to, so for the past five or six years I have been listening to audio books during my long commutes to and from work and sometimes when I'm working in the garage. I use Audible player on my Droid and in my car. I typically listen to Best Seller fiction, but if I can find some good Non Fiction titles that are digital I'll listen to them too. "All Corvette Are Red" is a great Non-Fiction book about the development of the C5 and I have it on Audio and it was actually good to listen to.

I helped my boss move a 600lb. safe and a refrigerator after work last night. After we got the trailer back to his house and everything off loaded he took me to supper at a Mexican place nearby! The food was like no other Mexican I have ever had. It was freakin' incredible. I had some kind of Chipotle Grilled Shrimp in a white sauce. Oh my god! it was good.

Oh Well... I have bent your ear enough... have a good day sirs!
Posted on: 2011/4/8 11:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Friday Chat 04.08.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12373 Posts

Good morning guys...Matt, I'm like you, I've never liked reading "for pleasure". I read all the time, but it's Woodworking magazines, books like "All Corvettes are Red", "Corvette, Americas Sports Car" and the like. But I got into reading John Grisham and really enjoyed them. I slept like a baby last night. Probably due to all the fresh air working the track meet and then coming home and playing some catch with my grandsons.

It's going to be quiet around the house this evening. One grandson is going away to a friends house for the weekend, another is spending the night with a friend and the third is going to spend the early evening with a friend, the daughter is going to a concert.

I have some things to do in the shop, so I'll get started on that. Got to get to school......
Posted on: 2011/4/8 12:34

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Friday Chat 04.08.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14756 Posts

Top of the morning to you all! I have always been an avid reader. Car mags, car books, fiction mostly adventure stuff and science fiction like Star Wars or Honor Harrington novels. Clive Cussler, R.A. Salvitory, Dan Brown, David Weber and so on.

I like to watch baseball on TV and have the Extra Innings package so the west coast games are on here late. If baseball won't put you to sleep nothing will. I usually fall asleep reading in the big chair and then have to get up and go to bed. Some days nothing works though, like when you have had a bad day with the tax man.

I think I will have a local welding shop see if they can fix my header. I have had them do a lot of work for me in the past and I can show them exactly what to do. I think we can do it without a lot of damage to the finish on the header and then I will give it a shot of silver heat paint. It will all be covered by the heat cover anyway. If it was an easy delete like the AIR system I would leave it off. I don't want to have to reprogram anything at this point.

Warm and foggy with rain here but still trying to get work done. You guys enjoy your Friday.
Posted on: 2011/4/8 13:32

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 04.08.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! I'm in a crappy mood for a Friday - it's cloudy and dreary, and the Vette is back up on ramps while I contemplate WTF I am going to do with the exhaust. It isn't running quite right, either. Not off to a great start. I am probably going to meet up with a local guy from CF tomorrow, should be fun. I will have to get him to sign up over here.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2011/4/8 14:02

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

BillH Re: Friday Chat 04.08.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Hummm, snowing again. At least tomorrow's going to be 50 and sunny. Which is good because I'm headed to Summit Racing, we're doing annual tech inspections for Reno's autocrossers and road race cars in Summit's parking lot. NHRA will be there doing chassis inspections on drag cars. We're doing a BBQ at the end of the day for everyone.
Posted on: 2011/4/8 14:12

Huskerland
14756 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Howdy! I'm in a crappy mood for a Friday - it's cloudy and dreary, and the Vette is back up on ramps while I contemplate WTF I am going to do with the exhaust. It isn't running quite right, either. Not off to a great start. I am probably going to meet up with a local guy from CF tomorrow, should be fun. I will have to get him to sign up over here.

Have a good day, all!

Ahh converts are always welcome. I was going to ask you the other day what you did not like about the set up you had. To loud, drone? I as you know am in the middle of an exhaust...ing (ar ar)deal on my own car so misery loves company. Hope you get it worked out. I am looking for just the right sound and may never find it either. Hopefully I have what I want if I can just get it going.
Posted on: 2011/4/8 15:06

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12373 Posts

Afternoon guys....it's Friday....all day long. The kids are wild today and I haven't even got to my middle school classes, they are likely to be over the hill. Thank God those class periods are only 42 minutes.

Bill, I do hope it warms up out there for you. Marcus what do you have to do to the header? Isn't it ready to throw on?
Posted on: 2011/4/8 17:47

Resized Image

Huskerland
14756 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Marcus what do you have to do to the header? Isn't it ready to throw on?

They put the EGR fitting in the wrong spot so I can't hook up. See my thread on EGR that is up right now. thanks
Posted on: 2011/4/8 18:31

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12373 Posts

So the reason that it took so long to get the headers is now in the wrong place? What a crook.
Posted on: 2011/4/8 20:54

Resized Image

smooth Re: Friday Chat 04.08.11
Senior Guru
Formerly "Aquavet" in Pa.
386 Posts

Aquavet wrote:
....Always meant to ask you Tommy, When you live in Sunny So.Fla. next to the Keys, Where do you run away to? I promissed myself a trip south asap to get away from the chill in my bones up here, but the Docs had a different theory.......Enjoy your trip and time with your wife. Tip a glass to the rest of us when you get there!

alan

30 miles to Maimi, 30 miles to Key Largo, 100 miles to Naples, 134 miles To Key West, 2 miles to Homestead Speedway, 5 miles to the boat ramp and Biscayne National Park, 25 miles to the Everglades. We go to South Carolina, Boston, Las Vegas and enjoy taking cruises. So far have done Eastern Carribean, (Barbados, St Marrten, Martinique, Western Carribean (Cayman Islands, Isla Roatan Honduras, Belize, Cozumel Mexico) Year before last Mediteranean (Barcelona, Rome, Athens, Ephises, Aleaxandria, Cairo, Malta). Coming up the end of this month, a cruise to Half Moon Cay Bahamas, San Juan , St Thomas and The Turks and Caicos Islands. My wife and I both like cruising. Sleep, eat, gamble, sightsee, entertainment and more all in one tidy package. Hope you get to feeling a little better soon Alan. Guru mojo to you.

...If Tommy wasn't such a nice guy I could really learn to hate him!!LOL! Enjoy my friend!
Posted on: 2011/4/8 22:33

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 04.08.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Header mojo, Marcus! I'm in the middle of putting my factory cats back on to see if that quiets the car down some - figured I may as well give it a shot since it's free. If that doesn't help, I'll have to get my factory exhaust welded up to mate to the cats. What fun!
Posted on: 2011/4/8 23:54

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.