Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
238 user(s) are online (204 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ALDL
Assembly Line Diagnostic Link

The cable you use to connect to a TECH 1 or a laptop computer for diagnosis and data logging purposes....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Friday Chat 08.12.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33775 Posts

Packing boxes and moving some small stuff before I head off. I may have had some free time before but don't see much of it right now. It's OK though. The gains far outweigh the pains.
Posted on: 2011/8/12 11:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

biggrizzly Re: Friday Chat 08.12.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Tommy - Keep up the stamina! Hope its going well for you guys.

I was pretty busy yesterday and almost blew off the party that I had been invited to, in downtown Wash. D.C. The party was really an opportunity for the Baltimore Grand Prix organizers to meet & greet with Auto Club leadership to get us Jazzed about the September race. I'm so glad I went. We had a ball, lots of free drinks and food plus I got to meet the organizers of the event, some people from the inside of Corvette Racing, and got some good insider information on the activities that are planned for race days in Baltimore. Its going to be so much fun, I can't hardly wait.

I don't know how many of you know K Street in downtown DC but when you park an Indy Car and tent on the side of K Street, it gets some attention. Then when the event organizers like your car and ask you to park in front of the Indy car it makes it even a bigger spectacle. No valet parking for me! I got to park in front of the restaurant all night. Too much fun!!

Well.. enough for now, I got to get going.. Job interview this afternoon... yuck

Attach file:

jpg  BGP_Party_LIMA_Lounge.jpg (358.02 KB)
342_4e450e13d0688.jpg 1024X577 px

jpg  IndyCAr.jpg (207.41 KB)
342_4e450ec3c8671.jpg 1024X577 px
Posted on: 2011/8/12 11:32

Matatk Re: Friday Chat 08.12.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Good luck with the packing, Tommy. Don - that's a cool deal that you got to park in front of the Indy car! Sounds like you had fun.

Went to the Westmont car show last night and met up with Rick and Joe. Talked cars with a few guys for a bit and enjoyed myself. There were a few really nice vettes from c1-c6 there. I really liked a 61 restomod with a tubular chassis. The guy had it all done locally and it was in one of the vette mags in the May (?) issue. Very nice.

Tonight if all goes well I plan on hitting the drag strip for test and tune night.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/8/12 11:42

crash Re: Friday Chat 08.12.11
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

good morning gurus. tommy dont over do it in lifting. dont want any back muscles pulled are worse things pulled. good job don. that is a sharp looking paint job. also good luck on the job interview. well rosies ck up came back clean. no signs of anything in the body or brain. the neuro surgeon said that she is remarkable in functions and speach. he said she is one one of few that recover from that type of brain suegery and still maintain a normal life style. thank you lord. well thats all for today gurus.
rich
Posted on: 2011/8/12 11:47

4543 Posts

Quote:

crash wrote:
good morning gurus. tommy dont over do it in lifting. dont want any back muscles pulled are worse things pulled. good job don. that is a sharp looking paint job. also good luck on the job interview. well rosies ck up came back clean. no signs of anything in the body or brain. the neuro surgeon said that she is remarkable in functions and speach. he said she is one one of few that recover from that type of brain suegery and still maintain a normal life style. thank you lord. well thats all for today gurus.
rich

Glad Rosie is Ok! So great she is doing well!
Posted on: 2011/8/12 11:50

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 08.12.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Quote:

crash wrote:
rich

Glad Rosie is Ok! So great she is doing well!

Amen!

Cloudy, dreary and drizzly here today. At least it is Friday, so that is a plus. Sounds like you had a great time, Don! Tommy, you're getting closer to the finish line every day.

Have a good one, yawlz!
Posted on: 2011/8/12 12:18

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

flyboy Re: Friday Chat 08.12.11
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

Good to see you Matt, and Rick and wife. Matt, your car sounded great.
Good luck at the drag strip.
Posted on: 2011/8/12 13:07

Ultraman Re: Friday Chat 08.12.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14760 Posts

Woke up to a downpour this morning, very wet cool and rainy. Good for the crops.....

Don, looks like the big time, glad your car was up to the challange...Rich blessed are the feet of those who bring good news! Great report for you guys.....

Matt I will be waiting to hear what your times were....

Was going to mow this AM but the rain is going to put that off for awhile. Ultraboy is in 2 a days for football but I haven't heard much complaining. There are new coaches this year after a long search and the kids are buying into what they are selling so we shall see. If you recall our home team is 3 and 33 over the last 3 years.....yeah I know...that's bad, real bad. Oh well, it's a new day and we hope to see some improvement.

Trash day I better get at it....enjoy your day Guru's.
Posted on: 2011/8/12 13:21

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2011/8/12 13:43

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Friday Chat 08.12.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Morning guys....Good new abounds, how wonderful. Tommy, you're gaining. Don, your car must be special if it draws that kind of attention...I always knew that it was. Rich, that is great news. Marcus, rain is never bad in these dry times. Matt we are waiting to see some times. Brad, does cool and cloudy beat hot and humid? I'd think that is a nice change.

Friday already, hard to believe this week is almost gone and I have to head back home early Sunday. I'm planning on getting one more round of golf in today. We had a real nice shower last night, too. Even a little hail, pea sized, didn't do any damage to anything. Really cooled things off in a hurry, was 47 here this morning.
Posted on: 2011/8/12 13:45

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

4543 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Morning guys....Good new abounds, how wonderful. Tommy, you're gaining. Don, your car must be special if it draws that kind of attention...I always knew that it was. Rich, that is great news. Marcus, rain is never bad in these dry times. Matt we are waiting to see some times. Brad, does cool and cloudy beat hot and humid? I'd think that is a nice change.

Friday already, hard to believe this week is almost gone and I have to head back home early Sunday. I'm planning on getting one more round of golf in today. We had a real nice shower last night, too. Even a little hail, pea sized, didn't do any damage to anything. Really cooled things off in a hurry, was 47 here this morning.

Not really special, just different. People in DC or at least in the city are not accustomed to seeing a loud white car with bold red stripes rip down the street. The norm in DC is yellow cab, black BMW, Mercedes, or nondescript commuter vehicles and bicycles. I think just about any Corvette will get attention in town but the White/Red combo definitely gets more attention. I'm sure some of those think I'm a race car wannabe with the stripes and all but I think it looks cool.
Posted on: 2011/8/12 14:29

vetteblondie Re: Friday Chat 08.12.11
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4661 Posts

Glad to hear your good news, Rich!
Good luck with the job interview, Don and Tommy - take it easy on the lifting... low backs are priceless and when you blow one - well....
Nice and sunny here, gotta neurologist appointment today myself, then meeting a client around noon to pick up some side job work. Hit the shop later and pick the car back up.
Speaking of which, those of you who have the C5s and are having the seat sliding issue... that little kit he bought fixed it right up if any of you are interested I'll see what it is he bought.
Have a good day y'all...
Posted on: 2011/8/12 15:08

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: Friday Chat 08.12.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Letty, the rocking seat is a common issue with the C5s. Mine does it a very little bit, but not enough to really be annoying to me. There are several kits on the market for fixing the issue. If it comes to it, I'll probably do the repair myself.....mainly because there is no one any more qualified to do it than me in my area.
Posted on: 2011/8/12 15:14

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Friday Chat 08.12.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14760 Posts

@Don......it is cool!
Posted on: 2011/8/12 15:25

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

4543 Posts

Got home a little while ago and washed the car for tomorrows car show.

The interview went very well from my perspective. Its a small world! I'm interviewing for a Project Management position and the first Project Manager I interviewed with was a guy that I replaced in my current job. It's like I knew him but really didn't, because I had worked on a lot of his old stuff when I first got into my current job. He knew immediately who I was and my background since he did a lot of what I now do. I think I hit that ball out of the park with him. The second person was a youngish Asian gal and her and I hit it off right away. So today looks good but there is two more levels of interviews before the Fat Lady Sings. I know this is my first interview since searching and I shouldn't jump at the first thing but I really like these people and its a great way to move from a developer to a PM. I'm 51 years old and I need to get into management before its too late. I don't want to be a developer the rest of my life. I can justify jumping on this if they offer because I have had numerous phone interviews with Beltway Bandits that I was not even interested. Cross Fingers and pray every day!!!
Posted on: 2011/8/12 23:55

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 08.12.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33775 Posts

Attach file:

jpg  sailor.jpg (64.56 KB)
852_4e45c8cb3ac74.jpg 632X599 px
Posted on: 2011/8/13 0:44

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Good news on the job front, Don - hope it pans out!
Posted on: 2011/8/13 1:00

crash Re: Friday Chat 08.12.11
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

hi gang. rosie said thank ya'll for the kind words. letty good luck at the neurologist. don good going on the interview. teebee we got the rest of your rain here this afternoon. matt likewise waiting for the times. marcus the football team sounds like the bad news bears lol. brad a little late but that deck looks great and wow what bbq pit.
good nite ya'll
rich
Posted on: 2011/8/13 1:01

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33775 Posts

Never a dull day at the Guru. Good job and good health mojo to our bruthas and sistas
Posted on: 2011/8/13 2:31

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33775 Posts

Progress report.Secrity cameras are up and running, verticle blinds guy came in and installed on 4 windows. Worked on assembling a new home office. Put up a section of fence. I moved a load this morning in my Yukon and packed up a load tonight in the box truck for unloading in the morning. My son came over and helped out loading with us. We'll be living there next week but the work will continue. Still have to paint the master bedroom and the kitchen. Then we'll go on an appliance hunt. Then comes the clean up of the old house and my sons place.
Wifey talked about wanting a gun. I'm debating still. Shotgun or pocket carry. Maybe I'll get something small and shiny for Christmas.
Posted on: 2011/8/13 2:42

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33775 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Tommy, you're getting closer to the finish line every day.

Nice thought Brad but to tell the truth, every time I think I'm getting closer to the finish line the line moves further and further away.
Posted on: 2011/8/13 2:48

vetteblondie Re: Friday Chat 08.12.11
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4661 Posts

Quote:

crash wrote:
hi gang. rosie said thank ya'll for the kind words. letty good luck at the neurologist. don good going on the interview. teebee we got the rest of your rain here this afternoon. matt likewise waiting for the times. marcus the football team sounds like the bad news bears lol. brad a little late but that deck looks great and wow what bbq pit.
good nite ya'll
rich

thanks for the well wish, Rich. Neurology visit went fine, seems the Idneral is the drug of choice for the tremors although it affects my energy level. Still trying to find a sleep solution, Trazodone is off the list it don't play nice with the Inderal. He wrote me for Seroquel but when I went to fill it yesterday, it was over $300 for a one month supply of the smallest dose they have. Hell no.
Thus, as you guessed it, I'm up again in the middle of the night writing to you guys....
Posted on: 2011/8/13 8:33

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.