Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
205 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  NHMS
New Hampshire Motor Speedway. This is the new name for New Hampshire International Speedway from now on. ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

smooth Hello Gentlemen
Senior Guru
Formerly "Aquavet" in Pa.
386 Posts

Hi Matt Andy Bill etc!
Its been a loooong time. I trust you guys are all doing well. Me, well...ok... dealing with the Damn Myeloma again. comes and goes but I won't complain...sorry

I dun a bad ting. I think I bought a 2.59 d36 pumpkin I think from BillH? years ago(sorry if it wasnt you Bill) and had it built into a 3.54 using Richmonds. It came out nice but it never made it to the car.....that was around early 2008. Well, I finally got an '01 (yes I'm a trader....hanging my head in shame) and the C4 stuff has to go. I posted over there I wasnt interested in shipping, mostly because I'd have to build a box and I just don't haave that kind of energy, so I put in the ad "no Shipping".
So a guy from Southern Calif. PMs me asking me to ship. I was very hesitant but went to the ups site and put in rough dimensions and 65lbs. it came back like $85 and That was a low estimate considering I'd have to crate it. SO he goes back and forth with me and says hes starting a new job, could I hold it, he'll pay me half one week and half the next, ship it to his girl friends house 'cause he has a third floor apt. and doesnt want to lug it up there nor does he want the UPS guy to have to. Meanwhile a guy about an hour from here touches base and says he has the cash, couple of phone calls later he'll be here in the AM, rear is sold. Right?! I go to the ad and someone posted that it cost him 75 to ship a rear cross country. Guy no.1 posts he's already cut a deal with me and that fact is good news.
1st of all where the heck did someone find shipping coast to coast for that cheap on an item that heavy, and second why do I feel like a dog. I PM'd him to explain I just need quick cash to pay bills with the cancer and all and no answer back yet. I do feel like a dog. should I?
Thanks for letting me rant. I've honestly been too sick to post. I was pretty regular for a while. Can I still drop in now and then even though I'm a deal breaking, C5 owning Dog?
alan

Posted on: 2012/3/26 22:55
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: Hello Gentlemen
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14756 Posts

Don't feel bad there is getting to be more C5 owning dogs on the site all the time.........

Prayers for your continued health issues, you are in a battle so don't sweat the other small stuff.

I don't know about the freight deal but I don't see how that can be right.....seems cheap to me. I would take the cash from the closer guy and just tell the other Cali guy your sorry but easier is the way you have to go now. It's business, no harm done.

Good to hear from you, hope you can hang out more often..
Posted on: 2012/3/26 23:21

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Hello Gentlemen
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Don't feel bad there is getting to be more C5 owning dogs on the site all the time.........

Prayers for your continued health issues, you are in a battle so don't sweat the other small stuff.

I don't know about the freight deal but I don't see how that can be right.....seems cheap to me. I would take the cash from the closer guy and just tell the other Cali guy your sorry but easier is the way you have to go now. It's business, no harm done.

Good to hear from you, hope you can hang out more often..

Amen to the above!
Posted on: 2012/3/26 23:58

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Hello Gentlemen
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33768 Posts

Hey Alan!
Good to hear from you. Trading Vettes is not really being a trader nor is getting out of vettes completely. If you like vettes you're still a Vette guru. Now if you jump to a Miata ......... (only kidding). Your deal should have a set time limit and shipping costs as whatever they are. If your buyer cannot comply move on to an interested party that is willing to make a deal. Wishing nothing but the best for you. Like I said ... Good to hear from you.
Posted on: 2012/3/27 0:09

BillH Re: Hello Gentlemen
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

You didn't get the rear from me, Alan, but that's OK.

Good luck with your health, that's pretty much all that matters.
Posted on: 2012/3/27 0:35

teebee Re: Hello Gentlemen
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12373 Posts

Agreed 100%. Don't sweat it. Sell it to the close guy with cash.

Keep fighting the battle buddy.
Posted on: 2012/3/27 1:09

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

bogus Re: Hello Gentlemen
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Alan - Great to hear from ya... sorry you are having such health issues, I hope all is clear and soon!!!

As for the rear? Well, this dude in SoCal sounds like a rather needy type... why do I get the feeling that if it fails, he would try to sue? I don't know, I have no clue, but feelings are feelings. Too many rules... pay this week yada yada.

As for the cost of shipment, any bets that the $75 deal was either through a company with an active account, or, a few years old? Take your pick.

I would tell the guy in SoCal, sorry, I have someone local with cash, I hope you understand, but I don't have the resources to crate this thing up and ship it.

So what if he feels jilted? He's not out any cash.

Posted on: 2012/3/27 1:19

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

smooth Re: Hello Gentlemen
Senior Guru
386 Posts

Marcus ! Brad! Tommy! How rude of me. Didn't mean to exclude you from the initial hello.

Yeah, you're right T, A time limit should have been set. I really didnt want to ship in the first place so I hadn't considered a shipping rate across Pa. much less all the way to California. Should have stuck to my guns though in the first place and said No shipping like I advertised. Its being married to a Catholic girl for 27 years though....the guilt thing rubs off haha. Oh well, lesson learned.

Thanks for the opinions guys. I needed a sounding board with some wisdom.

And thanks for the well wishes. When I wake up in the morning smile behind the bark of getting the kids out the door for school and have a good cup coffee while watching the deer by the lake, I know its a good day.....Then I break the soft gentle morning by the lake with a good burnout! Damn! sometimes its good to be me! I'm ok boys,I'm ok.

alan
Posted on: 2012/3/27 1:24

Matatk Re: Hello Gentlemen
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22806 Posts

Alan.....hello friend, long time no hear!

Sorry to hear about the cancer. I didn't remember that you were afflicted by that. Is there chemo or treatment available?

As far as the C5...congrats! That makes you a trader, not a traitor I would love a C6 but it's not in the cards for me.

And as far as the rear end...have you taken any payment from the guy in CA? If not tell him to pound sand. I always put in my for sale ads that local sale has priority. It's a PIA to ship big items. Plus, with your health condition, someone has to respect that. If not call them out in the for sale ad like the Dbag that they are. Sorry for saying it how I feel.

Aside from that good to see you are back around. Don't be a stranger.

Matthew
Posted on: 2012/3/27 1:58

TommyT-Bone Re: Hello Gentlemen
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33768 Posts

Quote:

Aquavet wrote:
Marcus ! Brad! Tommy! How rude of me. Didn't mean to exclude you from the initial hello.

No rudeness at all. We're all part of the etc. crew.
Posted on: 2012/3/27 2:06

Matatk Re: Hello Gentlemen
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22806 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

Aquavet wrote:

No rudeness at all. We're all part of the etc. crew.

I intentionally leave Tommy out. Don't feel bad.
Posted on: 2012/3/27 2:08

Senior Guru
386 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Alan.....hello friend, long time no hear!

Sorry to hear about the cancer. I didn't remember that you were afflicted by that. Is there chemo or treatment available?

As far as the C5...congrats! That makes you a trader, not a traitor I would love a C6 but it's not in the cards for me.

And as far as the rear end...have you taken any payment from the guy in CA? If not tell him to pound sand. I always put in my for sale ads that local sale has priority. It's a PIA to ship big items. Plus, with your health condition, someone has to respect that. If not call them out in the for sale ad like the Dbag that they are. Sorry for saying it how I feel.

Aside from that good to see you are back around. Don't be a stranger.

Matthew

Hey Matthew! You know how reputations work over there, especially in the for sale section. Otherwise I don't give a sh##. As for your other question, no cure, but I've had 2 stemcell transplants since 2009 and they are good for about 18 months then more chemo and the next cycle. Sucks while you go through it, but I always make a come back. I make a point of it. Like I said boys...I'm Ok!
Posted on: 2012/3/27 2:49

Senior Guru
386 Posts

Now I finally remembered where I got that rear from. It was Dan. Not that it matters. It just came to me.
Posted on: 2012/3/27 15:13

bogus Re: Hello Gentlemen
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

So... do we have to change your handle? I mean, your new Vette isn't aqua.

Is it a 6sp? What is the interior color? Looks REAL nice!
Posted on: 2012/3/27 17:44

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Senior Guru
386 Posts

Its an auto Andy. Got that so Patti can share it...She can handle it pretty well, just never learned manual.
I found it at a Mercedes dealer no less. It sure is my Mercedes! It has 32K on it and they gave me a Lifetime Warranty on the engine and drivetrain with a lousey $100 deductable.....On A VETTE?! Heck Yeah I'll take that! I love the Navy Blue Metallic and Black interior. Its like the Aqua, noone around here has one.
This one has so much more oomph than the 94. And its quiet power...that sorta sneak up on somone quiet, but it barks and jumps when you nail it. I'm real happy with it. I can definately say its my dream car. Hmmm, said that about the first one didn't I !?
Thanks for asking Andy...as you can see, I don't shut up.

As for my Avatar Name I guess you could change it to "Smooth".
That ought to invoke some harrassment! And Since you insist on being referred to as a God Like Deity, I will hence forth be known as God himself (What the hey, I'm going to burn in hell anyway...humor me)LOL!

Alan
Posted on: 2012/3/27 20:39

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.