Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
205 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ALDC
Assembly Line Diagnostic Connection

The connection to the ECM/PCM of a computer controlled vehicle, in the case of the C4 Corvette, located under ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Sat. Chat 08.03.13
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

The daily chat is now officially open.

Good Morning!
Posted on: 2013/8/3 13:08
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2013/8/3 13:46:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

KPotter Re: Sat. Chat 08 03 13
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Saturday has dawned bright and sunny here in the Buckeye State. Heading over to PA shortly to mow the lawn at Mom's house. Wrap up the day with some racing then a late night "meal" at Waffle House.

Have a great Guru Day !
Posted on: 2013/8/3 13:20

TommyT-Bone Re: Sat. Chat 08 03 13
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

I feel a rant coming on.
[rant on] On the way to visit the in-laws last night we stopped by the shop to see if they had determined anything with the 91. As you may remember in a previous episode, on two occasions within blocks of each other, the 91 just sputtered and died. Both times Sue was on her way to a doctors appointment. She was within blocks of her destination and in the middle of busy intersections. The first time the shop said it was the knock sensor and a bad battery. I picked up the car and drove it home. On the second occasion we had it towed in again. It would turn over but not start. The mechanic was doing some continuity checks and checking wires up by the distributor. He tried to start it and it fired up. He admits that all he did was move some wires. He left the car running in place. The car overheated after about 25 minutes (he says) 45 minutes (the service advisor says). Anyway, the car is at the dealer with a 28 year old kid trying to figure out what might be wrong with a 22 year old Corvette. The old timer mechanic retired 6 months ago. There are no codes. I'm going to go get the car Monday. I need to find a wrench that knows what the hell their doing with this type vehicle. These young mechanics today scare me. What came to mind is that the 91 is a low tech model compared to the C6 and C7. If the computer doesn't tell them what's wrong they seem to have a hard time finding an answer. I guess it's just the lack of experience. The car never overheated with me. Ever. He said the secondary fan did not turn on at 216* at idle. I'm just gonna go get the car and bring it home. Probably cost me two or three hundred for nothing. Rigginfriggin sassafrassin modeckin shidilibop. [rant off] That's two tows on our 6 tow limit.(three a piece)
Posted on: 2013/8/3 13:41

pianoguy Re: Sat. Chat 08.03.13
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings!

Looks like it might be a nice day out there (still waiting for coffee to finish brewing, so my eyes are still bleary). There are about 3 tons of landscaping materials sitting in my driveway that I need to move to the back yard, so that will be fun.

Hope you can find a competent mechanic, Tommy!

Have a good day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2013/8/3 14:41

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Sat. Chat 08.03.13
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14752 Posts

Gee Brad if I lived in your area I would make sure I was busy doing something else today.....no really I would come over to shout encouragement to you as I put out my lawn chair and dip into my ice chest of cold NA's....

Tommy.....and so it begins....you are right about if the computer won't tell them they have no clue...so then they start throwing parts at it until maybe it fixes. I am frustrated by that also. I am considering going retro...finding vehicles that are pre computer and restoring them or buying them restored and then just driving them....Yeah the mileage will suck and they won't be that safe but they are simple to figure out the mechanical problems...when they have trouble.

Of course that is one of the purposes of the Guru to help folks avoid the big money to have someone else guess at it.

Today....some trimming around the place and a car show later today....I don't feel motivated to clean up the GS and put it in....I really don't get a lot out of showing....been there and done that and have the cheap trophy to prove it.....

Enjoy your day Guru's.....
Posted on: 2013/8/3 14:57

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

BillH Re: Sat. Chat 08 03 13
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
What came to mind is that the 91 is a low tech model compared to the C6 and C7. If the computer doesn't tell them what's wrong they seem to have a hard time finding an answer. I guess it's just the lack of experience.

Good Luck

First, intermittent problems are a bitch, even for an experienced mechanic. Especially if the car won't exhibit the problem for the mechanic AND cars with the computers can still have similar problems that the codes won't show.

That the car started when the wires were moved might be an indication where to look, might be a coincidence.

Since the battery's been replaced, it could be the coil, disty module or wiring. The diagnosis should be done with the flow charts in the FSM.

It sounds heat related but you can't diagnose these things on the internet.
Posted on: 2013/8/3 15:00

TommyT-Bone Re: Sat. Chat 08.03.13
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

It's hard to fix when it shows nothing is wrong. I hate that about a C4.

I started last night and into this mornning with a case of the ("Poor me's). I have range of issues I'm facing and the solutions are difficult to find. I don't know what's worse. Having a lot of problems with easy solutions or having a few problems with difficult solutions. Anyway, the self pity started working it's way in ....... till ...... I thought of the the people that really have problems. My shit is infantisimal compared to what some people have to endure. Smack. .......... I can act like a man!

Posted on: 2013/8/3 15:09

Huskerland
14752 Posts

If everyone looks at this they will feel better I'm sure..... some of the comments are funny.....

http://jalopnik.com/the-best-velocity-trumpets-ever-made-486058927

You may have to refresh the site to get all pics to post or it may just be my computer.....
Posted on: 2013/8/3 15:14

vetteblondie Re: Sat. Chat 08.03.13
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4657 Posts

I'll trade my rain for your nice day... I'm sick of this crap. I have four day weekends and you would think at least ONE day I'd have some sun to get in the pool. This shit depressed me big time. Don't help that on my two days off I've agreed to help out at my friend's body shop, and of course, on those days it's sunny and nice when I'm stuck in there and when the weekend comes it's shitty. Really jacks with my depression. I can't take much more of this mess. On the other hand it made for some good sleep, I slept right through the time I was supposed to get up and go to the gym. Ok, there's my rant. But I at least got my nerf bars installed yesterday, got my new tail lights in too. Still need some wheels and tires, found some but the idiot is giving me an email runaround so he can keep them. I guess if I could muster the energy I could clear out that back bedroom, and clean the house... or not.
Due to have a night out with my cousin this evening, she wants us to have a steak at the local beer joint they make the best ones. And tomorrow I"m due a 'dinner face to face' to met a dood that's been trying to get me to go out with him. I agreed but frankly I'm horrified.....already think he's a bit clingy. Been messaging me on FB, sending me flower pics (real things are better), and then wants to take me to some place in Memphis to see some friend of his to play blues, go someplace for dinner, go here, go there, do this, do that... shit - slow the heck down....
Posted on: 2013/8/3 15:14

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Huskerland
14752 Posts

Just tell him to buzz off Letty, if he's bugging you...

I hear you on the cloudy gloomy days....the barometer drops and so does my mood seems like....I think Phoenix is the answer....300 plus days a year of sunshine and blue sky and year round Corvetting......very nice! I will need Mr. Obama to send me some money though....make that lot's of money....
Posted on: 2013/8/3 15:48

BillH Re: Sat. Chat 08.03.13
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
If everyone looks at this they will feel better I'm sure..... some of the comments are funny.....

http://jalopnik.com/the-best-velocity-trumpets-ever-made-486058927

You may have to refresh the site to get all pics to post or it may just be my computer.....

A friend of mine has purddier ones than all of dem.

Attach file:

jpg  2006-03-22 23-22-47_0028.JPG (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2013/8/3 15:57

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Ain't the C4, it's any car. I had it happen many times on brand new cars when I was the service director at the stealership. Cars with 200 miles on them, screaming owners, etc.
Posted on: 2013/8/3 16:00

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
And tomorrow I"m due a 'dinner face to face' to met a dood that's been trying to get me to go out with him. I agreed but frankly I'm horrified.....already think he's a bit clingy. Been messaging me on FB, sending me flower pics (real things are better), and then wants to take me to some place in Memphis to see some friend of his to play blues, go someplace for dinner, go here, go there, do this, do that... shit - slow the heck down....

1) Does he detail cars and trucks?
2) Does he bring his own beer?
3) Will he mow grass and perform honey do's as needed?
4) Can he perform routine vehicle maintenance and minor auto repairs?
5) Will he and allow you to ?
6) Does he know when it's time to leave?

These are some issues that MUST be addressed BEFORE you start anything special with this suitor.
Posted on: 2013/8/3 17:19

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
[quote]

A friend of mine has purddier ones than all of dem.

Ya but can they do this?

Posted on: 2013/8/3 17:26

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Ain't the C4, it's any car. I had it happen many times on brand new cars when I was the service director at the stealership. Cars with 200 miles on them, screaming owners, etc.

Well, you can be part of the solution or part of the problem. Which is it?
Posted on: 2013/8/3 17:32

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4657 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
And tomorrow I"m due a 'dinner face to face' to met a dood that's been trying to get me to go out with him. I agreed but frankly I'm horrified.....already think he's a bit clingy. Been messaging me on FB, sending me flower pics (real things are better), and then wants to take me to some place in Memphis to see some friend of his to play blues, go someplace for dinner, go here, go there, do this, do that... shit - slow the heck down....

1) Does he detail cars and trucks?
2) Does he bring his own beer?
3) Will he mow grass and perform honey do's as needed?
4) Can he perform routine vehicle maintenance and minor auto repairs?
5) Will he and allow you to ?
6) Does he know when it's time to leave?

These are some issues that MUST be addressed BEFORE you start anything special with this suitor.

1 - probably. He also has a nice motorcycle
2 - used to. Some medicine he's on now makes drinking beer a nono for him. Has some spinal nerve damage from ingesting some KOAs while away as a marie in some contaminated water supply
3 - not sure but he ain't moving in so he can do all those he wants to but he's still not moving in haha
4 - I can do those myself - but if he will, all the better
5 - damned well better....
6 - same answer as previous

Seriously, sounds like a nice guy, has kids, believes in God and all that... guessing he's about my age, lives in Memphis, had a shitty divorce. But, I've had a bad last several years also and frankly am scared shitless of new people...
Posted on: 2013/8/3 18:23

Resized Image

Huskerland
14752 Posts

All I can say is......Take it easy.....

Posted on: 2013/8/3 18:41

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Posted on: 2013/8/3 19:21

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

There is a nasty front rolling in. I can hear it just a few miles away. Might be some wind,rain,thunder and lightning. Thunder and lightning.(I tell ya it's frightning.). Nothing unusual for South Florida this time of year. I broke out some pork cutlets and some lamb loin chops. I'm gonna batter and pan fry the pork and BBQ the lamb. Steam up some veggies and we'll be good to go. Hope the power doesn't go out or I'll be cooking everything on the grill. Ah hell, we can eat good here no matter what the weather or power conditions. We're seasoned veterans.
Posted on: 2013/8/3 19:31

Huskerland
14752 Posts

Orrr...Letty you could become the....

Posted on: 2013/8/3 19:51

Huskerland
14752 Posts

Here's one I like....

Posted on: 2013/8/3 19:59

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

The pile has been moved. Where's my ibuprofen? Now I have to decide if I have any energy left to do some digging.
Posted on: 2013/8/3 20:41

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Orrr...Letty you could become the....

Good one
Posted on: 2013/8/3 20:47

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Posted on: 2013/8/3 20:53

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Jump on in Bill. Get on your Country groove.
Posted on: 2013/8/3 20:54

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

There is something I should tell this guy about Letty.

Posted on: 2013/8/3 21:14

teebee Re: Sat. Chat 08.03.13
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12372 Posts

Afternoon guys... I got up early and the wife wanted to go to the "city" as they were doing sidewalk sales. So we went and walked the sidewalks. Didn't buy anything down there so we went to Menards and I bought another door to replace one in the house so we eventually get all of them to the raised panel oak. While we were there a guy calls me and has a little job for me to do when I get home. After getting home and unloading all the groceries, I load up some tools and go do the little job. When I get home I stain one side of the new door. Now it's time to take a shower and get ready to go to church.

Letty, I would gladly trade you for some rain. It's been cloudy and muggy the last few days and we got little if any rain. Oh, the guy just wants to get into your pants, all that stuff is just trying to buy you. If he bugs you, just tell him to f*@k off. Although the trip to Memphis doesn't sound like a bad deal.

Yea, Bill, get your country on....just don't ask me to.
Posted on: 2013/8/3 21:44

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Jump on in Bill. Get on your Country groove.

Country sucks...............except for Waylon and Hank,Jr.
Doesn't suck near as much as John Denver's lace panty's songs.
Posted on: 2013/8/3 23:19

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Finished up workin' on the Miata racecar this morning, made a buck and a half towards C2 parts.

Been discussing why the low oil pressure light on the Atlantic came on at the track......
40psi. is considered low on that engine.

Unfortunately, the owner's been too busy to attend to it, poor dude is working on his Ford GT40 and trying to get on of the Pantera's ready for the Monterey Historic Races in 2 weeks.

I'm leaving leaving @ 3 a.m. tomorrow with Corvette Joe, headed to Sacramanto for the Classic Car's & Parts Swap meet.

3 a.m.'s a great time for a road trip.....fewer idiots.
Posted on: 2013/8/3 23:27

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

WAY BETTER Jon Anderson:

Posted on: 2013/8/3 23:32

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

AND since I was almost crying in my beer just looking at those album covers (No, I didn't hit "Play")............I'll get back in the real groove:

Posted on: 2013/8/3 23:36

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

AND if, I want mellow:

Check out Tal's bass solo @ 1:40

Posted on: 2013/8/3 23:45

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Posted on: 2013/8/4 0:04

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Posted on: 2013/8/4 0:05

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

And now you know the BEST of the story.

Attach file:

jpg  HarveyPaul.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2013/8/4 0:07

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

I'm leaving leaving @ 3 a.m. tomorrow with Corvette Joe, headed to Sacramanto for the Classic Car's & Parts Swap meet.

Well I know there will be at least two on the road.
Posted on: 2013/8/4 0:38

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Posted on: 2013/8/4 0:39

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

LOL
Posted on: 2013/8/4 0:40

Huskerland
14752 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Letty, I would gladly trade you for some rain. It's been cloudy and muggy the last few days and we got little if any rain. Oh, the guy just wants to get into your pants, all that stuff is just trying to buy you. If he bugs you, just tell him to f*@k off. Although the trip to Memphis doesn't sound like a bad deal.

No....really Tom quit dodging the issue and give it to us without the sugar.....damnation...you listning Letty....
Posted on: 2013/8/4 0:43

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I always liked the mid-60's to early 70's Cutlass/442's. I saw in Autoweek that a '70 442 W30 convertible sold at auction for $269k - good lawd!
Posted on: 2013/8/4 0:45

Huskerland
14752 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

Bill will probably be in the passenger seat sleeping anyway....

Like I would be.....
Posted on: 2013/8/4 0:47

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Posted on: 2013/8/4 0:47

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

Bill will probably be in the passenger seat sleeping anyway....

Like I would be.....

My normal stint at 3 a.m. is towing a 24 foot race trailer....on a 2 lane back road....@75 mph.
Posted on: 2013/8/4 0:49

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4657 Posts

If I travel I go in the middle of the night also. Less traffic and yes, therefore, less idiots. Makes the trip faster. I get where I'm going, take a nap and have a whole day extra i seems like.
And teebee, I'd not say he's bugging the fk out of me yet but a little more and we'll be having a talk. I've not even met this dood yet an already on FB I'll get mesages with flower pics and little heart pics and shit like that. And I can't even open my computer which puts me online automatically without him seeing the little dot on FB light up and he starts bombarding me. Was out with my cousin tonight and we logged on from mine to try and post a pic and he started in. Mind you I'd already told him I had plans tonight (which means I didn't want to be talking to him). I reminded him that I was out eating with friends and pointed to the status update and promptly learned how to turn that chat shit off. He will also ask me can he call me at a certain time. WTH??? That means if I say yes I have to plan my ENTIRE evening around if this dood will call at 7PM or whatever or not. I ain't got time to sit at home by the phone starting at 6:59 to see. I finally said, look... call whenever you want, ifI don't answer, leave a message and I'll call back. When I get off work I have things I do as in clean house, go to the gym, work in the yard, you name it... GEEZ! Am I just being a cranky bitch or are all men like high school kids?
Posted on: 2013/8/4 2:32

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Quote:

Am I just being a cranky bitch or are all men like high school kids?

Letty. You're here often enough to answer that question yourself. But to make it easy on you .... yes to both parts.
Posted on: 2013/8/4 2:57

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4657 Posts

Posted on: 2013/8/4 3:00

Resized Image

Huskerland
14752 Posts

Oh no....some of us are still in college....
Posted on: 2013/8/4 3:02

teebee Re: Sat. Chat 08.03.13
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12372 Posts

Honestly Letty, many men never grow up.
Posted on: 2013/8/4 13:24

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Honestly Letty, many men never grow up.

What's the point of growing up? I think most men mature, see how boring that is and revert to activities they find entertaining. At least that's what I do. There is an eternity to mature ...... later.
Posted on: 2013/8/4 13:30

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.