Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
162 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

TommyT-Bone, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT4
Engine used in 1996, all manual equipped cars came with this engine....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 09.15.13
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22806 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

So I had my dates mixed up yesterday, no party in the evening. That's next month Came home and started draining the pool and getting things ready. Didn't go as quick as I had hoped so I have to finish it tonight.

Tommy - I just read yesterday's chat, sorry to hear about your sister in law. Very sad. We just found out yesterday our cousin's husband's (so no blood relation) mother has stage 4 cancer with a very dim prognosis. She's been in pain for a year but they thought it was spine related, turns out the cancer was eating away at her vertebrae. Very sad. Just goes to show you, enjoy life while you can and don't let the little stuff get you down.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2013/9/15 11:56

84Xfire Re: Sunday Chat 09.15.13
Guru Newb
Lake Havasu City, AZ
44 Posts

Good morning Gurus...

I've been in and out of CG lately, but last Monday I went in to the hospital with chest pains and came out 3 days later with 4 stents

Life's a bear when you can't get in and out of your favorite car..guess that leaves more time for movies and playing with the layouts.

Have a great day whatever you're doin'....

Attach file:

jpg  fullyard.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2013/9/15 12:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 09.15.13
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Holy mackerel - mojo for a speedy recovery! They are getting pretty good at that nowadays - it wasn't so long ago that if you went to the hospital with chest pains, you had a good chance of coming out on a slab.

I'm up awfully early for a weekend day - gonna head south to Northfield, MN to play a little golf. I think the rain is done, but it will likely be pretty soggy.

Enjoy your day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2013/9/15 12:22

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 09.15.13
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33769 Posts

Beautiful train yard.
Speaking of slabs, bacon is a great Sunday breakfast standard. I remember as a kid waking up and it taking time to get my wits about me. At 58 I'm not surprised to see it hasn't changed. Nothing a couple of cups of joe and nice warm shower can't fix.
Posted on: 2013/9/15 12:36

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 09.15.13
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Morning guys....I slept in a bit this morning, not like Brads' sleeping in,but late for me.It has been wonderfully cool here at night and good sleeping weather. The sun is shining today and looks to be headed to the low 80's. Not a lot planned for today. Maybe I'll DNBFS. Still wondering about Bill, anyone heard from him?
Posted on: 2013/9/15 13:37

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33769 Posts

Picked up the external hard drive to use in the data transfer and while at the store and I put it down to look at a couple of others. When I picked it back up I grabbed the wrong one. There is one that is 2.0 and 3.0 USB compatible and I grabbed the 3.0 (only) one. The store opens at 11:00 so I'll be there for the opening. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Luckily it's only 10 minutes away.
Posted on: 2013/9/15 13:51

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Yea, I don't know why they would make one that was not backward compatible.....
Posted on: 2013/9/15 13:56

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Sunday Chat 09.15.13
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

+1 mojo for speedy recovery!
I actually slept most of last night for a change... still up too early, sitting outside on the front porch with some iced coffee tryig to wake up. Might fold some clothes, change the bed - maybe... nothing else. I'm tired and already gotten frustrated. I've found two pairs of women's MMA gloves retail for around $65 on sale for around $20. Then they say they either aren't at that price or wont' let me click them indicating out of stock. Pisses me off, why not just pull the listing to begin with? One was $29 but said clearance for $19 reg $64.99, when I emailed for the price I got the run around. I went back to buy them at $29 and now it says they're $64 but on clearance for $19... I emailed again - he tells me they're $64 but were $19. Geez already - I told him thanks but keep them, they aren't worth $64 and if he could sell them at $19 before he should have answered my messages THEN. No sale. Found a different but similar pair - same issue... different stores... you call and guess who you get - the Taliban....
Posted on: 2013/9/15 14:04

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Jake_The_Cat Re: Sunday Chat 09.15.13
Guru
Morgan Hill, CA
85 Posts

Tie Dye woman and our first pumpkin of the year. This is the small one------

Attach file:

jpg  pumpkin.jpg (76.06 KB)
20513_5235dbd871a33.jpg 689X383 px
Posted on: 2013/9/15 16:10

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33769 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Yea, I don't know why they would make one that was not backward compatible.....

It was.

I was out for a couple of hours and when I came back the new computer was off and wouldn't boot up. I got on the phone with tech support. The power supply light was on but the on/off light was off. I went through about an hours worth of checking this and checking that. I bought an extended warrraty from HP for $79.99 that extended the factory warranty for an extra year to hree years from the original purchase date and they said they would send out a tech. A tier 2 tech said I'd have to ship it back to HP. That they were unsure what repairs it would need.They would provide me with free shipping because of the extended warranty I bought. I could send it back to the seller but that would be $30 to $40 for nothing. So now I have a computer that's not working but has HP total care till 04/15. Now I'm gonna go complain to the seller. It was working this morning and while I was gone it just died. Now my fear of this machine is gone since I've already had to disconnect the optical drive and hard drive. Then I looked around real good on the inside. I might actually go ahead and build one for myself one day. The saga continues. I should be due for a break any day now.
Posted on: 2013/9/15 20:28

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

That just sucks Tommy. Was this computer a "refurbished" model?
Posted on: 2013/9/15 20:46

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 09.15.13
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14756 Posts

Yeah Bob....prayers to you on a quick recovery...glad you went it to see what was up....great train pic....

Well it's official....the Huskers are not very good....the era of mediocraty continues. Had a great first half and then like so many times the wheels came completly off in the 2nd half. The Bruins ran up 38 unanswered points and our guys were like kids lost in the forest....just out there wandering around...lots of grumbling from the Husker Nation who pay a lot to go to these games and expect a better product to be on tap......changes coming I'm thinking.....

Went from there on up to Omaha to the family get together at the Embassy Suits and had a good time. Lots of UCLA fans staying there and the UCLA cheer squad....

We all ate at some place called HuHot Mongolian buffet.....kinda cool...you pile up all the fixings in a bowl like meat noodles veggies and then sauces and then hand it to the man and they throw it on this huge round grill with about 15 other bowl fulls and there are 5 guys chopping and slaming the food around getting it cooked and as you work around to the other side they hand you a plate with your food on it.......it was very good also. Anyway it was fun for us country folk....

Have a great what is left of the weekend....
Posted on: 2013/9/15 22:10

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: Sunday Chat 09.15.13
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

I hate to say it about computers but.... get a Mac.... I switch computers and have none of those headaches/issues...

but then it depends on what you're using it for....

Lazy day today, nursing home visit, hooked her up with a new sterling silver chain and cross pendant - a cousin of mine got her one at Christmas, was fake but she loved it. My deceased mother had a cross pendant in her jewelry box I have here figured she'd like it so I took it to her along with a chain I bought her. She likes birds, wants a hummingbird feeder so I got her that and rigged that up, got her a digital photo frame for her a bit back and I add pics ot it here and there so I got her a very cheapo digital camera she can take pics with that we can upload. Very cheap - not even a view screen but I'll get her that later if she don't lose/let someone steal or break this one. something for her to play with. Otherwise, I've not done laundry or anything I've intended to, but been in the lawn chair in my swimsuit collecting sun and drinking beer all afternoon... I'll figure dinner out later....
Posted on: 2013/9/15 23:05

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 09.15.13
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14756 Posts

you're doing a good job taking care of your cuz Letty....very nice!

64 and rainy here so staying inside to watch the football game tonight on NBC...they do a good job....a lot better than ESPN on Monday night football....in my opinion...

Time to call the dogs out on Bill?.....he may show up tomorrow maybe.....
Posted on: 2013/9/16 0:20

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
you're doing a good job taking care of your cuz Letty....very nice!

+1, hope you get all that good karma back and then some
Posted on: 2013/9/16 1:16

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I expect Bill to post a pic of his completed '67 any day now ;-)
Posted on: 2013/9/16 1:43

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33769 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
That just sucks Tommy. Was this computer a "refurbished" model?

Yes. I dug deeper and found it's a sleep mode related issue. I got the computer up again by disconnecting the power cord and letting it sit for 15 minutes. While I was out running around the computer went to sleep due to no activity. It went into a coma and didn't want to wake up. I manually put the computer to sleep and the same issue happened with the same solution to restart. HP support has been pretty good so no complaints there. I'm not worried and I know my issue will be resolved and I'm covered for parts, repair expenses, shipping costs, exchange, etc , till 04/2015. Stuff happens. It could have happened no matter where I bought it from. I don't usually buy refurbs but this computer seemed to have what I wanted and ordering new would have been several hundred dollars more. When all is said and done, I'm gaining experience. Oh well, it's only time now. The money part's been taken care of. By the way. I'm on the new computer now. It's only issue at this point is I can't let it go to sleep.
Posted on: 2013/9/16 12:17

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

I've had issues with "sleep" modes and win7 . Most of the time I just disable sleep mode, because of those issues. Sorry I didn't think of that,Tommy.
Posted on: 2013/9/16 18:01

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.