Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
189 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Vertte
Shorthand notation for Corvette Convertible. See also vert and vette...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Sunday Chat 06.01.14
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

HOWDY!

Plenty of work lined up for today. I have to finish some yard stuff and help Sue and one of the crew attach some fencing to the poles we set the other day. Friday when Sue went to HD to gather the fence and needed hardware she asked an associate for someone to help her in fencing. The associated reply was odd to say the least. She said "No one is available to help you right now. They're all outside". Little did the associate know her manager was within earshot of her reply. The manager came over and proceeded to dress the associate down. I guess it's not HD policy to tell a customer that there is no one available to help them right now. The manager then helped Sue. After getting everything together the manager deeply discounted everything Sue had purchased. Sue was a happy camper to say the least. She got everything she needed and more.
Posted on: 2014/6/1 11:55
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 06.01.14
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

In sporting news, looks like it will be The Heat against The Spurs again. The OKC/Spurs game 6 had me cheering for the Thunder. It ended in OT and OKC had an opportunity to win it in the 4th period but it was not meant to be. Looking forward to a brutal Spurs/Heat rematch. I'm sure to get somewhat animated during that series.
Posted on: 2014/6/1 12:05

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 06.01.14
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Party was a success yesterday. Kids got to bed way to late so they should sleep in a bit. I have to go to my folks' house and do some more little projects today. Might or might not get to work on the Vette.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2014/6/1 13:09

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 06.01.14
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12372 Posts

Morning guys....I stayed up late watching the shows I had recorded through the week, but still I woke up at normal time.

It thundered and lighteninged (not sure that's a word) last night again for about an hour. it even had water droplets coming from the sky. Check the rain gauge and it had a whopping .04! This morning it's nice a cool, but I'm sure it's headed for mid to upper 80's.

I got nothing planned for today, so we'll see what Rosie has up her sleeve when she gets up.
Posted on: 2014/6/1 13:27

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Sunday Chat 06.01.14
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7670 Posts

SUNSHINE IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, WE MIGHT EVEN GO ALL DAY WITHOUT RAIN.

SAW OUR EX-YARD BOY MARRIED OFF TO HIS SWEETHEART YESTERDAY EVENING. IT WAS DONE OUTDOORS AND WE JUST MISSED GETTING RAINED ON. I THINK THEY MUST HAVE BEEN PAYING THAT PREACHER BY THE WORD.

#1 DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY TODAY, WE'LL HEAD OVER TO OKMULGEE THIS AFTERNOON WITH HER GIFT AND HOPE THERE'S A CAKE :-)
Posted on: 2014/6/1 13:51

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: Sunday Chat 06.01.14
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4657 Posts

Tried to get some of my stuff done yesterday morning then work on my book some - nothing went as planned. Visited cousin in the nursing home, didn't get with the other one to get her bedroom stuff got. Rained off and on, left Vette windows down and it rained when I wasn't looking. Ghetto pool got filled and shocked, the paper people put their work for me on the wrong server and I can't access that one so I couldn't start my work on time, so that got me behind. I worked three hours last night and frustrated. What the editorial staff sent up is all jacked up. Ugh. not in the mood for it today, either and certainly wanted to knock most of it out yesterday so I could have some "me" time today not the other way around. Have house hold chores that need done today too. It never ends... Happy bday to the daughter, Gris...
Posted on: 2014/6/1 14:17

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 06.01.14
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! It wasn't a particularly restful night, with loud thunder, lightning and heavy rain. We got a couple inches here, and about an hour north they got almost 6". It's soggy out there, and more is coming today. I think I can cross "fill the birdbaths" off my list. Gonna go to a graduation party this afternoon, hopefully it will stay dry for a few hours. Good day to be an umbrella salesman.

Have a great day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2014/6/1 14:41

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 06.01.14
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14752 Posts

Lots of noise and a light show but only a .10th of an inch in the gauge.....Had breakfast on the deck and then lively conversations with Uwoman on different topics....smart gal...but that's evident since she married me.....

Just headed out to do some weed whacking and some other chores around the Ponderosa....4 acres can be some work but we have power tools to help us.....and I'm thinking I need some more of them.

Have a great day Guru's......
Posted on: 2014/6/1 15:47

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

j3studio Re: Sunday Chat 06.01.14
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Good afternoon, all. Beautiful weather in the Philadelphia area today.

Cleaning up today from various things that occured over the vacation.

Oh, and the new garage is about 99% finished ...

Posted on: 2014/6/1 20:27

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

The fence is done, thank goodness. It will save time for building temporary fences for parties to keep the people and the critters separate. That's a bonus. Sprinkler guy didn't show up yesterday and is supposed to come tomorrow. I hope he doesn't need me for much because tomorrow is my last to get finished packing, pay who needs to be paid, catch up on paperwork, clean house and a long list of last minute crap. I have to find some energy to finish out the today. I'm not done yet just taking a break.
Posted on: 2014/6/1 20:43

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

This site is buggy. It's driving me buggy.
Posted on: 2014/6/1 20:44

j3studio Re: Sunday Chat 06.01.14
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

This site is buggy. It's driving me buggy.

I'm seeing this, too.

Posted on: 2014/6/1 20:45

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 06.01.14
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12372 Posts

Afternoon guys....I spent about four hours claying and polishing the Corvette. It just didn't look good enough. Right in the middle of that another teacher called and said his daughters' computer was acting up, so I ran over there to try to get it back to running. Two hours later I'm home to finish up the car. In the meantime it has clouded up and looks a little threatening...I hope it brings us some rain.
Posted on: 2014/6/1 21:13

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 06.01.14
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14752 Posts

Raining here right now and has probably put the Sunday night BBQ on hold....don't mind the rain though.....we can always go to Taco John's.....
Posted on: 2014/6/1 21:26

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: Sunday Chat 06.01.14
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4657 Posts

BBQ... wow that sounds soo good.. someone near me has a grill going.... now I'm hungry... worked on my book till about three, then jumped in the pool to vacuum out all the funk in there, put in more shock and water and then let things settle again for round two. Cold one and I've done all on the book I intend to... one ad sales lady sent up 170 photos for me to go through for a 1/4 page ad in the thing. Obviously I sent that crap back.... Noticed another tiny mater on my plant out back.. that makes two
Posted on: 2014/6/1 22:56

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.