Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
355 user(s) are online (302 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Offset
The distance from the wheel mounting flange to the imaginary centerline of the wheel. Wheels with negative offset will protrude outwards more, while...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee Saturday chat 6-14-14
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Well, not sure where everybody is this morning. I slept in and was basically just lazy this morning. Cool start, but warming up and a light breeze. Not much planned, but church this evening.
Posted on: 2014/6/14 14:42

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Saturday chat 6-14-14
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Been busy this morning, a friend's son-in-law is coming over shortly to get some of my old paver blocks to build a platform under a shed. The skies are threatening - hopefully it will stay dry long enough to get them moved.

Don't let the resort folks talk you into building any cabinets while you're on vacation, Tom ;-)

Have a good day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2014/6/14 14:49

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Saturday chat 6-14-14
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Ain't going to happen, Brad.
Posted on: 2014/6/14 14:59

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Saturday chat 6-14-14
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7647 Posts

SEMI-SUNNY IN THE NATIONS TODAY, WITH A GOOD BREEZE. SHOULD DRY THINGS OUT SOME. THE GREAT FT GIBSON CARSHOW IS TODAY, I'LL AMBULATE THROUGH AND EAT A SNOWCONE.

DARLING WIFE RAN AWAY TO ARKANSAS SO I'M UNSUPERVISED. COPIOUS INSTRUCTION WERE LEFT, HOWEVER, ALONG WITH AN ICEBOX FULL OF LEFTOVERS TO SEE ME THROUGH :-)
Posted on: 2014/6/14 15:03

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: Saturday chat 6-14-14
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Great car part swap meet happening today in Petit Jean and I"m missing that, didn't plan for it, and have a long list of crap to do and it's finally sunny here so my yard will be mowed today. The pool will get a vacuum, laundry is started, house will get a vacuum, dishes will get done, etc. I also need to see the cousin in the nursing home since I've not been there in two weeks cause of this book crap. Need to drop a chest of drawers off to another cousin while I'm there. Tool chest i ordered needs to come in the house and all my junk scattered about needs gone through and put into that thing. Which, in turn will free up more room elsewhere in the house for me to put more junk. Win-win.
happy Saturday!
Posted on: 2014/6/14 15:19

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Saturday chat 6-14-14
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14739 Posts

We all can always use more stuff.....Morning all, got us phone rang and I was gone to deliver more replant seed. Just got back so I am going to eat and nap and work in the office some this afternoon.

Enjoy your day Guru's.....Tom just tell them you will build them at your place and ship to them.....
Posted on: 2014/6/14 17:43

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Saturday chat 6-14-14
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

The rain was just starting to come down at a pretty good clip when we were finishing loading up the pavers, but we got 'er done. Meanwhile, since I had some time to kill before we go to a graduation party later, I gave the Vette a little TLC. I had been quite pleased with how well my Bissell Steam Shot steam cleaner worked on the house windows that I decided to clean the Vette's windows with it. A bit of a PITA, but they seem to be really clean. I won't know how streak-free they are until we get some sunshine, but they feel nice and smooth. I put a coat of the Chadwick's stuff on the windshield, too, so we'll see how well that works. In anticipation of the sun shining someday, I also pulled the targa and put in my AFSB bar, and also lubed up all the weatherstripping. Sadly, the rain proved that my quickie fix of the garage roof leak the didn't work, so it'll be back to the drawing board on that front.
Posted on: 2014/6/14 19:21

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Matatk Re: Saturday chat 6-14-14
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

This morning I was up and off to Audi to pick up my car. Had the full 55,000 service and they replaced the blower motor that was making noise. Gotta love warranties.

After that I went to BIL's house and got his pool up and running. He is a new with that stuff so I got the filter set up and showed him how to vacuum. We will check the water balance later.

Currently at a Bday party with RR#1 at the jump zone....a warehouse converted to a party place filled with giant inflatable slides and jumpers. Good for the kids.

Later tonight I have a wedding to attend with RR#1. It is actually for my BIL's ex girlfriend...strange but true. Nice girl and we have known her family for a long time.

Good luck with the roof fix, Brad.

Matthew
Posted on: 2014/6/14 19:56

Matatk Re: Saturday chat 6-14-14
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

DARLING WIFE RAN AWAY TO ARKANSAS...

I pray for that every day....
Posted on: 2014/6/14 19:56

Huskerland
14739 Posts

I am worried a bit about GRIS being home alone......as we say around here...he's out of containment.....could be trouble...

Waiting on big storms brewing up again....just got our check from State Farm for hail damage to the vehicles and now they are saying it could be round two. Was going to take GS into church but may wait to see what weather does first....

Posted on: 2014/6/14 20:28

j3studio Re: Saturday chat 6-14-14
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Good evening, all.

We're spending most of a long weekend in quaint Smithville, New Jersey. Today was the Boardwalk Corvettes Spring Fling GM Thing show, a nice relaxed event with some gorgeous cars. I'll post pictures tomorrow ...

Posted on: 2014/6/14 21:15

Huskerland
14739 Posts

Anybody watching the race.....Corvettes doing ok so far....
Posted on: 2014/6/15 1:16

teebee Re: Saturday chat 6-14-14
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Evening guys...just got back from church. It's in a town 15 miles away. Pretty drive, winding country highway well manicured farmsteads along the way. From the church, it was one block to the east and there is the Mississippi River. Huge barges floating up and down the river. And a rotating bridge for trains. Interesting to watch the barge maneuver around that little obstacle.

Walking out of church we asked some locals about someplace to eat. They recommended a place, said we wouldn't be disappointed. They were right, excellent food and very nice people.

Sitting up at the social house, so I can use the internet. Still has a nice breeze going on. Not much planned for tomorrow.
Posted on: 2014/6/15 2:02

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.