Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
212 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Automatic Slip Regulation
Also known as ASR; ie traction control.

Standard on all C4s starting in 1992....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Sat. and Chat 01.10.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33770 Posts

Well a happy and healthy guru morning to you.
The cool temps have been around a couple of mornings now. This morning's skies hold a solemn gray. Hopefully that will change as the sun rises. Things are once again starting to take a semblance of normalcy as the pets recover from their ailments. Sue is deep into the show season with festivals and plant shows taking many weekends from her over the next several months. That's where she drums up a lot of new business and sells directly from her booth. Fortunately, she likes it. The chit chat, the banter but especially, plant sales. Soon I'll hit the shower. After that my day will be filled with stuff that I need to get done. There's always stuff I need to get done. It's just a matter of me motivating to do it. So let's hop to it. Put on a happy face and put a dent on the to do list.
Posted on: 2015/1/10 13:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Sat. and Chat 01.10.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33770 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote: .....

Smile

Posted on: 2015/1/10 13:46

Matatk Re: Sat. and Chat 01.10.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

So Tommy, did you get your fallen palm tree taken care of? Is there any way to replant that or you just cut it up/dig it out?

We went out to a newer pub restaurant last night for dinner and had a couple burgers. Food was very good. Wife bought a groupon for $10 off so that was even better Then we stopped at a couple stores and got some items on the shopping list. Kids were in school so we were free for a couple of hours.

Today I think I have to go to mom and dad's and do a little moving of boxes and whatnot.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2015/1/10 13:57

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33770 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Remember Saturdays 50 years ago? Certainly different from a Saturday in 2015

Posted on: 2015/1/10 14:03

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33770 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

So Tommy, did you get your fallen palm tree taken care of? Is there any way to replant that or you just cut it up/dig it out?

Matthew

All I lost was one frond. That's one branch that had lived it's cycle. That frond was over 18' long from base to tip. Probably weighed about 50 to 60 lbs.

Posted on: 2015/1/10 14:12

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33770 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:

Taste of Florida ...........

Posted on: 2015/1/10 14:18

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33770 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

This will make your day

Posted on: 2015/1/10 14:22

GRIS Re: Sat. and Chat 01.10.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7679 Posts

CLEAR AND COLD AGAIN. I SHOULD BE GETTING USED TO IT. BUT AS LETTY SAID, THE SUNSHINE TEMPTS ME OUT AND THE COLD DRIVES ME BACK IN. FRUSTRATING. THE BARN DOOR WAS FROZEN SHUT AND IT WAS A PIA GETTING IT OPEN. THE CHEROKEES ARE READY FOR A THAW.
Posted on: 2015/1/10 14:59

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

BillH Re: Sat. and Chat 01.10.15
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

This will make your day

Figures, couldn't find one by John D. Huh?

Posted on: 2015/1/10 15:00

Ultraman Re: Sat. and Chat 01.10.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14757 Posts

For the first time since we moved here 25 years ago we ran out of propane yesterday.....we are supposed to be on a route and the driver of the propane truck comes by once a month and fills up the 500 gal. tank. Seems the company we buy from had a change of ownership and somehow we got left off the drivers list.......

I noticed that the shop was getting cold since I was out in the office all day which has electric heat and was going to call the heating and air guys to come fix the furnace because no warm air was coming out when I would mess with it....duh...I had a thought to go look at the propane tank and it was reading zero, zilch, nada.....of course its like 5:45 so a bunch of calls to folks took place but the truck finally showed up.....and we had to relight the hot water heater and make sure the electronic ignitions were working on all the furnaces....it was about 10 degrees outside and the house was getting cold fast......

Thats what we do for adventure out here.......we were not quite to the stage where we were breaking up the furniture to burn in the fireplace but Uwoman was wanting to because she wants new furniture.......

Stay warm Guru's.....spring is coming........
Posted on: 2015/1/10 15:09

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
I noticed that the shop was getting cold since I was out in the office all day which has electric heat and was going to call the heating and air guys to come fix the furnace because no warm air was coming out when I would mess with it....duh...I had a thought to go look at the propane tank and it was reading zero, zilch, nada.....of course its like 5:45 so a bunch of calls to folks took place but the truck finally showed up.....and we had to relight the hot water heater and make sure the electronic ignitions were working on all the furnaces....it was about 10 degrees outside and the house was getting cold fast......

You're lucky, there's some stupid rule here that if you run out, the whole system has to be recertified. Gauges on everything, leak tests, etc. Most of the drivers can do it but it takes an hour and a half (plus U have to listen to the drivers bitch about it).
Posted on: 2015/1/10 15:29

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7679 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

You're lucky, there's some stupid rule here that if you run out, the whole system has to be recertified. Gauges on everything, leak tests, etc. Most of the drivers can do it but it takes an hour and a half (plus U have to listen to the drivers bitch about it).

HAPPENED TO ME LAST YEAR. BUT US OKIES DON'T ALWAYS REMEMBER STUPID RULES SO IT WAS NO BIG DEAL TO GET GOING AGAIN.
IT TURNED OUT TO BE A GOOD THING, HE JUST DID MINIMAL REFILL TO GET THRU THE COLD SPELL THEN WHEN IT RAN DRY AGAIN DID A LONG OVERDUE TANK OVERHAUL.
Posted on: 2015/1/10 15:59

teebee Re: Sat. and Chat 01.10.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Morning guys....a little rebound in the temps today, but the wind is going to still make it feel a bit cold.

Today I become the grandfather of an 18 year old grandson.

Spent the evening last night working the basketball games. The team we were playing last night, both the boys and the girls teams are ranked in the state, so no one really expected us to win, and the visiting fans were expecting us to roll over and give them an easy game. Well, our girls gave them a a heck of a run for three quarters, before foul trouble allowed them to pull away. In the boys game, our boys came out, and through half time it was back and forth but we ended up 4 points up at half. In the third quarter they started to pull away, but the fourth quarter our boys fought back. and with about 11 seconds left they made two freethrows that put them 2 points up. Timeout called and our coach sets up a play. We bring the ball in and get it down court and get a shot off and it goes in for a three. The opposing team calls a timeout with 1.7 seconds left. We setup our defense, they make a 2/3 court pass in to guy (clock starts when boy touches the ball) that whips it between two defenders (my grandson one of those defenders) and the guy barely touches the ball and throws it up as time expires and the ball drops through the hoop for a one point win. It was a heartbreaking loss for our boys. My grandson blames himself, but it was nobody's fault. I can say that they knew they had been in a battle.

I had some people come up to me after the game and asked me if I started the clock at the right time...or some asked why I didn't start the clock earlier, I said that I wouldn't/don't stoop to cheating. I don't want to get the reputation of a cheater. I do the best job I can do no matter how it turns out.

Today, I get to go work the concession stand at the high school wrestling meet we are hosting, so I'm off to do that.

Have a great day gurus.
Posted on: 2015/1/10 16:33

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Huskerland
14757 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

....and the driver had to do that here also but no bitching because it was their screw up....we have gotten propane from them for years and there was some confusion on their end so he was very happy to do what needed to be done and quite apologetic about the whole thing......I just let him roll as Uwoman was on the couch with her big down coat on and the dog clutched in her arms trying to stay warm.....
Posted on: 2015/1/10 16:35

pianoguy Re: Sat. and Chat 01.10.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! I think I put a permanent dent in my pillow, slept like a champion. Looks dreary out there. No idea what is on my agenda for today, but I imagine I'll find out soon enough.

I remember when I was a kid, I was a school patrol one year (you know, holding the "STOP" flag out while students crossed the street). They always took the group of patrols out on some event at the end of the year, and they took us to see a matinee of "Bye Bye Birdie". About halfway through the movie, we had to leave because one of the chaperones felt it wasn't an appropriate movie for children. This person must be in a constant state of apoplexy nowadays, if they didn't already die from having their panties bunched too tight.

Have a good day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2015/1/10 16:45

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Huskerland
14757 Posts

Hahahaha.....no kidding I was thinking the other day after a Victoria's Secret ad had just been on tv.......Put that on during Bonanza back in the 60's and wait for the explosions to happen.....people would have fainted right in front of their televisions...... much has changed in 40 or 50 years, but has it been for the better?

Sorry about the games Tom.....they never gave up and that's the important thing.....
Posted on: 2015/1/10 16:56

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

THE BARN DOOR WAS FROZEN SHUT AND IT WAS A PIA GETTING IT OPEN.

Hope you didn't pee on yourself.
Posted on: 2015/1/10 17:41

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:

Today I become the grandfather of an 18 year old grandson.

Posted on: 2015/1/10 17:45

Huskerland
14757 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

GRIS wrote:

THE BARN DOOR WAS FROZEN SHUT AND IT WAS A PIA GETTING IT OPEN.

Hope you didn't pee on yourself.

Posted on: 2015/1/10 17:58

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

We have a new cabinet coming that will house, among other things, my liquor supply. So I decided to weed some things out - got rid of a lot of stuff that was WELL past its prime:

http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2012/09 ... queurs-vermouth-last.html
Posted on: 2015/1/10 18:28

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33770 Posts

I had to clean up some stuff I stored on the Jacuzzi cover for the holiday party. Fired up the electric on the Jacuzzi yesterday. Got everything put in it's place. Added some hot water to the hot tub to ease it's return to 100* After that I worked on the pond. Two jets were blocked with sand or something. Got that going with a tool I made up. Then on to a fountain that didn't want to spurt. Found a blockage at a repair point where the copper tubing had been braised. A little drill action brought that back online. Getting familiar with keeping the pond clear, ph balanced and all kinds of other little tricks with the pond. Sue wanted the pond. I got the work. Lost a number of small and medium fish over the last week or so. One of the dead fish I found outside the pond with what appeared to be canine teeth marks embedded in its side. I wonder who that could have been. (Schatzie) I'm also working on the landscape and have to organize the home finances when I find a moment or two. I have a week of stuff to do without looking too hard. Haven't got my 90 back yet from the shop. Outside of that my retirement has been just grand .......... lol. 6 years have passed since I last punched a clock. Time flies when you're having fun. Right tee? Of course BillH might query where the hell my track time went. Obviously my schedule is way out of sorts. Well, it's not really track time. It was autocross. You know, for the race car driver wanna bees.

Oh ya ....... 78 (or 77) days till cruise time. Countdown continues.
Posted on: 2015/1/10 22:09

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Then on to a fountain that didn't want to spurt.

Apparently Gris was in Tommy's pond.

Resized Image

Did this help?

Resized Image
Posted on: 2015/1/10 22:21

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I'm counting down, too - 36 days until Puerto Vallarta. 80's and sunny is gonna feel plenty good. Meanwhile, my legs are like rubber - I decided to drag out my old Twist-n-Ski and use it for a while.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Twist-n-Ski-exercise-machine-/141531851719
Posted on: 2015/1/10 22:27

Huskerland
14757 Posts

Is that like the game Twister....? Please post a pic of a twist and shout....er ski.....
Posted on: 2015/1/10 22:58

Huskerland
14757 Posts

.....here we go.....sexy dancers....

Posted on: 2015/1/10 23:03

Huskerland
14757 Posts

....probably what Brad is doing to get in shape.....

Posted on: 2015/1/10 23:12

Huskerland
14757 Posts

....this guys is like a Swiss John Denver....Niiiice!

Posted on: 2015/1/10 23:22

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7679 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
We have a new cabinet coming that will house, among other things, my liquor supply. So I decided to weed some things out - got rid of a lot of stuff that was WELL past its prime:

http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2012/09/cocktail-101-how-
long-do-spirits-liqueurs-vermouth-last.html

WHISKEY NEVER DID KEEP WELL AT MY HOUSE ;-)
Posted on: 2015/1/10 23:52

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7679 Posts

WELL, THE STUPID PARTY HAS NOT BEEN IN THE MAJORITY A FULL WEEK BEFORE LIVING UP TO THEIR NAME.

WHEN THE PUBLIC AND THE ECONOMY FINALLY GET A BREAK ON FUEL PRICES SOME BRAIN DEAD BUM-FKR WANTS TO RAISE THE GAS TAX. THESE JERKS HAVE MADE DUMB ASS AN ART FORM.
Posted on: 2015/1/10 23:58

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

WHEN THE PUBLIC AND THE ECONOMY FINALLY GET A BREAK ON FUEL PRICES SOME BRAIN DEAD BUM-FKR WANTS TO RAISE THE GAS TAX.

So does that.....piss you off?

Resized Image
Posted on: 2015/1/11 0:09

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7679 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

GRIS wrote:

WHEN THE PUBLIC AND THE ECONOMY FINALLY GET A BREAK ON FUEL PRICES SOME BRAIN DEAD BUM-FKR WANTS TO RAISE THE GAS TAX.

Resized Image

GIVES ME THE ASS LIKE A RUSSIAN BEAR.

BTW, I DID THINK OF PISSING ON THE BARN DOOR, BUT I WOULD HAVE HAD TO MAKE ANOTHER POT OF COFFEE TO GET PREPARED.
Posted on: 2015/1/11 0:30

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

That guy really does remind you of JD, Marcus.
Posted on: 2015/1/11 3:14

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33770 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

WELL, THE STUPID PARTY HAS NOT BEEN IN THE MAJORITY A FULL WEEK BEFORE LIVING UP TO THEIR NAME.

WHEN THE PUBLIC AND THE ECONOMY FINALLY GET A BREAK ON FUEL PRICES SOME BRAIN DEAD BUM-FKR WANTS TO RAISE THE GAS TAX. THESE JERKS HAVE MADE DUMB ASS AN ART FORM.

Maybe it's time we updated the Guillotine. You know, made it more humane. Maybe we could add padding around The Stocks. I was always a big fan of the cages hung high above the ports in which pirates were left to starve or dehydrate. Maybe it's time to hang a few (hundred) cages around Washington DC. These stupid m@+%~rf@(%~rs just don't seem to get it. By the way, the stupid ones run in both parties.
Posted on: 2015/1/11 4:40

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33770 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
That guy really does remind you of JD, Marcus.

Maybe it really is JD and the accident was all staged. He simply picked up and moved and learned a new language. Next thing ya know this guy will be headlining in Reno.
Posted on: 2015/1/11 4:42

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33770 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

GRIS wrote:

Resized Image

BTW, I DID THINK OF PISSING ON THE BARN DOOR, BUT I WOULD HAVE HAD TO MAKE ANOTHER POT OF COFFEE TO GET PREPARED.

I wish I could piss like that .........
Posted on: 2015/1/11 4:43

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

GRIS wrote:
Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

GRIS wrote:

Resized Image

I wish I could piss like that .........

LOL
Posted on: 2015/1/11 4:55

Resized Image

Huskerland
14757 Posts

hahaah....that's funny.....me too.....

I think Bill should tell us if its JD or not......he is an expert on that type of music.......
Posted on: 2015/1/11 14:51

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:

Resized Image

If J.D. was alive, he should be laying under that stream.

Or sittin' in a lounge chair.
Posted on: 2015/1/11 16:03

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.