Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
270 user(s) are online (245 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

captmike13 First Monday in March 2-3-2015
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Good morning gang.

Welcome to the first workday in March. 2 months down ten to go. It feels weird posting from home. I start same job with new company today. Start time is a little later due to all the indoctrination and training that need to be done.

We had about 3" of snow yesterday so the snowblower got a workout. It's 10* out now and we should reach the mid to upper 20's today.

On with today.

Word of the day is switcheroo.

Today is NATIONAL READ ACROSS AMERICA DAY (DR. SEUSS DAY)

National Read Across America Day is an annual event that is part of Read Across America, an initiative on reading that was created by the National Education Association.

Each year, National Read Across America Day is celebrated on March 2nd, the birthday of Dr. Seuss. However, if it falls on a weekend, it is observed in the school systems on the school day closest to March 2nd. This day is a motivational and awareness day, calling all children and youth in every community across the United States. to celebrate reading

The first National Read Across America Day, an “unofficial” national holiday was held on March 2, 1998.

HAPPY READING!!

NATIONAL BANANA CREAM PIE DAY

National Banana Cream Pie Day is celebrated annually on March 2nd. Celebrated throughout the United States, all pie lovers enjoy this day as they get to indulge in one of America’s most popular creme pies.

*Remember, bananas are loaded with potassium!*

The process from the traditional custard pie was modified into a recipe for the appetizing and flavorful banana creme pie. Now there are many variations in thousands of recipes for this yummy pie and recipes for banana creme pie can be found in recipe books dating back into the 19th century

Banana creme pie was ranked the number one favorite dessert among the soldiers of the United States Armed Services in the 1950′s.

What a great day to spend a little time in your kitchen, whipping up a delicious banana cream pie to share with your family and/or friends.

A banana creme pie can be made as simple as:

1 box instant banana pudding – 1 pkg cream cheese (softened) – 2 large bananas – 1 container whipped topping – graham cracker crust
Mix pudding with 1 1/2 cups milk, cool in fridge until thickened. With mixer, combine pudding and creme cheese until blended. Slice bananas into graham cracker crust. Spoon pudding mixture over bananas and top with whipped topping. Chill for at least 2 hours. Enjoy!!
NATIONAL BANANA CREAM PIE DAY HISTORY

Much research has failed to find the creator and the origin of Banana Cream Pie Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.

NATIONAL OLD DAY STUFF
National Old Day Stuff is always celebrated on March 2nd. One may think it is a day to to do the same old thing that you do on a daily routine. However, this day is actually the opposite, it is a day to do something different, something new.

We have all heard the saying, “same old, same old”, well, this is the day to do things differently. There are several different ways that you can change up your day. Take a moment to recognize the things that you do each day, then think of other ways that you can do things that will change up those routines. Maybe you want to try getting up a little earlier, having something new to eat, taking a different route to work, getting a new hairstyle, going out to the movies, buying a new cologne, calling an old friend, moving your desk at work, taking a long walk or just anything that you usually do not do.

Use your imagination, change it up and have a fun day!

NATIONAL OLD DAY STUFF HISTORY

Our research was unable to find the origin or the creator of National Old Day Stuff, an “unofficial” national holiday.
Posted on: 2015/3/2 11:06

captmike13@yahoo.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: First Monday in March 2-3-2015
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Nonolata
Posted on: 2015/3/2 11:31

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Matatk Re: First Monday in March 2-3-2015
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

captmike13 wrote:

Word of the day is switcheroo.

Clearly, based on the date.
Posted on: 2015/3/2 11:49

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Chilly here. Looking at the upcoming temps, it might be a little warmer during the daytime hours this week but still cold at night. I'll take that at least.

RR#1 is sick again. Some virus that gave her an inflammed throat (looks really bad), vomiting, and fever. Hope she gets better quick.

Just found out yesterday that my former boss who was like family to me passed away suddenly on Saturday night. No health problems or warning. 74 years old. I'll be driving back to MI this week for the funeral.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2015/3/2 11:51

TommyT-Bone Re: First Monday in March 2-3-2015
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Condolences, Matt.

Paperwork day today. Whoo-hoo! I'm getting all the tax stuff together. I tried to do it over a week ago but got pulled away. Let's see what today brings. At least these aren't the same old tax papers. These are all relatively new. Same assembly and computation techniques apply though. There will be joy in the valley when the papers are all signed sealed and delivered.
Posted on: 2015/3/2 12:49

teebee Re: First Monday in March 2-3-2015
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning guys...Hope you kiddo gets over the nasty stuff and doesn't give it to everyone else, Matt. Cold here, but not as cold as it has been. Looking for a warming trend later this week.

Big game today, so I will be out of commission, driving 4 hours each way....liable to be a late night.
Posted on: 2015/3/2 13:13

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Hope your kiddo

Old people used to say that when I was a kid. What's that tell you?
Posted on: 2015/3/2 13:44

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! It's the calm before the storm - supposed to start snowing tonight. I am so looking forward to it. Not.

Sorry to hear about your old boss, Matt. I ran into my first boss out of high school on Saturday - he taught me damn near everything I needed to put food on my table all these years. I was glad to see he was doing well.

Have a good day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2015/3/2 13:56

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

j3studio Re: First Monday in March 2-3-2015
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4246 Posts

Good morning, all.

Some snow yesterday, and then a lot of ice. Used the over-engineered snowblower and then put down 65 pounds of melt and this morning it looks like I hardly did anything (though our driveway did look better than our street).

It is supposed to be 50 degrees next Monday - we'll see ...

Posted on: 2015/3/2 14:22

GRIS Re: First Monday in March 2-3-2015
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

STILL CLOUDY, NOT SO COLD, NASTY WHITE STUFF ON THE GROUND IS MELTING. NOT GOOD, BUT BETTER. THE CHEROKEES ARE ENCOURAGED.

The lawyer says to the wealthy art collector tycoon: "I have some good news, and I have some bad news.”

The tycoon replies: "I’ve had an awful day, let's hear the good news first.”

The lawyer says: “Your wife invested $5,000 in two pictures today that she figures are worth a minimum of $2 million.”

The tycoon replies enthusiastically: “Well done, very good news indeed! You've just made my day; now what’s the bad news?”

The lawyer answers: “The pictures are of you screwing your
secretary.”
Posted on: 2015/3/2 14:43

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Even though it was still cold yesterday, we got some melting of the snow, mainly on the roads. I don't think it's going to do any melting today.

Matt, sorry about your former boss. My mentor, my high school shop teacher, died right before Christmas. It was tough. I would visit with him whenever I could when we were back home.
Posted on: 2015/3/2 15:10

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

teebee wrote:
Hope your kiddo

Old people used to say that when I was a kid. What's that tell you?

I know what that means, you don't have to say it.....I'm OLD!
Posted on: 2015/3/2 16:37

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

HOLY CRAP!
Just got finished with an hours long plus search for important closing documents for the house we sold last February. In cleaning up the house for a couple of parties the paperwork was buried in a very safe place. Fortunately all important documents are pretty much located in the home office. I know where most of the stuff is kept. I have documents going back to 1973 in various folders and boxes. I really need to go through ALL that crap and discard whatever can be discarded. I'm working on my 2014 taxes and securing all the necessary ammunition I need to offset as much if my tax contribution as possible. I swear I'm gonna go through and box, file, discard as much of this crap as I possibly can. I keep saying I'm gonna do it. DAMMIT, I'm gonna do it. As soon as I get my 2014 paperwork in line I'm gonna burn up the shredder and fill up the recycle bin. I'm not getting any younger either. I HAVE to get this done. Well it's back to the dining room table. Time to get busy ........
Posted on: 2015/3/2 16:48

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2015/3/2 16:52

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Har! Love Barry. He used to host A Dave Barry Scavenger Hunt here in Miami. I met him and have talked with him albeit briefly. He is a funny man all the time. Twisted in a good way, just like his stories. He was a columnist for the Miami Herald for a long time. He and Carl Hiaasen made the paper readable for me.
Posted on: 2015/3/2 17:48

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2015/3/2 17:51

1Fast04Vert Re: First Monday in March 2-3-2015
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

“General Motors has told Chevrolet dealers to stop delivery of approximately 2,000 2015 Corvettes to fix the driver’s airbag. GM has also temporarily stopped shipment of the cars from the plant in Bowling Green, Ky,” the automaker said in a statement.

“Separately, another 800 Corvettes — most of them at dealerships — are on hold because they may have been built with only one of the rear parking brake cables fully seated and engaged.”
Posted on: 2015/3/2 18:42

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

1Fast04Vert wrote:
“General Motors has told Chevrolet dealers to stop delivery of approximately 2,000 2015 Corvettes to fix the driver’s airbag. GM has also temporarily stopped shipment of the cars from the plant in Bowling Green, Ky,” the automaker said in a statement.

“Separately, another 800 Corvettes — most of them at dealerships — are on hold because they may have been built with only one of the rear parking brake cables fully seated and engaged.”

[emoticon running around in circles waving its arms over it's head]
Posted on: 2015/3/2 19:53

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Well it's back to the dining room table.

Resized Image
Posted on: 2015/3/2 23:25

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

Har! Love Barry. He used to host A Dave Barry Scavenger Hunt here in Miami. I met him and have talked with him albeit briefly. He is a funny man all the time. Twisted in a good way, just like his stories. He was a columnist for the Miami Herald for a long time. He and Carl Hiaasen made the paper readable for me.

He is my favorite - never fails to make me laugh out loud.
Posted on: 2015/3/3 1:06

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.