Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
278 user(s) are online (260 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C2
Abbreviation for the 2nd generation of Corvettes built from 1963-1967....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 03.25.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well the snow is almost all melted away.....again. I can't believe we got hammered like that in spring after we were enjoying the 75* weather. Still cool here but might hit 54 later.

Not sure if I mentioned it the other day but Monday night I went to a guy's house and bought a few boxes of tools and a small toolbox that he was cleaning out. I sorted it all Monday night and kept what I wanted and put the rest aside to flip. Turns out there were some decent items in there, just a lot of stuff I can't use. Wife didn't seem thrilled. But last night I already sold the box and some electrical tools and made most of my money back. It will be a nuisance to sell the rest online (some vintage ratchets, specialty small motor tools, misc analog ohmmeters, random weird stuff) but I'll get it done. Wife said no Craigslist ads or if I do they can't come to the house. She thinks there are too many weirdos out there after hearing about the lady in Colorado who got her stomach cut open. Maybe she's got a point.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2015/3/25 11:35

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 03.25.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Dumera!

We got a little more snow overnight - there was next to nothing on the driveway, but there was over an inch on my truck, which was a nice surprise. Apparently I should've parked closer to the ground. Sounds like it will be a couple more days before they start taking words like "blustery" out of the forecast. I saw rumors of 60's next week - I'm ready.

Have a good day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2015/3/25 12:13

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 03.25.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

morning guys...change of schedule today. Even though it's Wednesday, many teachers are giving state assessments and so they went to a normal schedule. Would have been nice to know as they didn't let my building know that was happening. Oh, well, just another day.

Supposed to be nice today with a chance for some sprinkles. Tomorrow and Friday, cooler, then back into the 70's for the weekend.

Where has everybody been lately? Been kind of quite around here.
Posted on: 2015/3/25 13:53

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 03.25.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14737 Posts

I know where I have been.......ya....went to Disney yesterday....long day but we had fun. Today I had a bad moment when I raised the lid on the buffet and saw they were out of bacon.....geez....they could see my distress and rushed some over.....mmmmmm...

Today is hang out all day on the beach.....and tomorrow we are back to the real world.......nuts......

Go gettem Gurus.....
Posted on: 2015/3/25 14:01

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2015/3/25 14:03

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

GRIS Re: Wednesday Chat 03.25.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Dumera!

Apparently I should've parked closer to the ground.

ONE SHOULD ALWAYS ENSURE THAT THE TIRES ARE TOUCHING THE DRIVEWAY BEFORE EXITING THE VEHICLE :-0

CLOUDY IN THE NATIONS, WAITING FOR THE RAIN, MAYBE SOME THUNDER. SPRING IS HERE AND THE STORMS CAN'T BE FAR BEHIND.

THE ORIGINAL CROWD FUNDING SITE HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED:

Attach file:

jpg  alcoholresearch.jpg (19.18 KB)
12496_5512c5b3ce7b4.jpg 420X282 px
Posted on: 2015/3/25 14:27

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Have fun, Marcus!
Posted on: 2015/3/25 15:10

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I remember seeing a bum in San Francisco - he had a sign that said, "Why lie, I need a drink"
Posted on: 2015/3/25 15:11

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday Chat 03.25.15
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Matt your varying weather is bout to make it down here - We've had the most perfect weather - mid 70s, sunny with a slight breeze. Couldn't ask for any better except it only happens when I'm at work and stuck indoors.
Which is why I've been vacant. Busy as hell. The graphics shop is nutz. I have no idea where these people get their cash from. Take a cheap fishing boat and want to go from zero to hero and it's usually about $1200 to do that. Two just this week, a trailer, two Mack trucks, two storefronts, pickups you name it. The body shop is a whole nuther story. Stopped by there Saturday and dropped off some paint strainers and ran an errand. He was going up Sunday to paint an SUV that had the side taken out - been a huge job. Also have a Fusion up there that was waiting on tires so it could be sent out for tires/alignment. It still needed wet sanding on hood, door, fender and two small trim pieces put on. Well, he gets up Sunday, hurts on left side, breaks out into a cold sweat and hits the deck. Last thing he remembers is wife waking him up rolling him over freaking out and he is hauled off in the meat wagon. Couple days in the hospital and a balloon and a stent later for a fully blocked lower torso artery and some meds he's home. Frontal artery leading to heart is at 50%. of course h e's a two-pack-a-day smoker and likes his beer so he was a bit of a crab ass. She brought me the checkbook to handle stuff and I was up there Monday getting all that mess rolling. Called in the guy that painted my Corvette, he brought help and the other gal that works there let me in - by the time we left Monday the SUV was taped, papered, couple other small things fixed and plastic and ready for paint, parts sorted to get ready for assembly, the Fusion was wet sanded, buffed and tired and aligned and I gave the lady her keys and sent her home in it at 6. I hurt all over that night. if any of you get social security you got a small raise this year. the bank didn't change her witholding so now I have to make some adjustments and now my Medicaid pending status for the one in the home is all up in the air again. Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?
We are expecting snow Saturday and only temps about 40. Can't it be snow during the week and temps in the 70s o the weekend? I think the good Lord has his weather backwards.
Happy Hump Day.. carry on
Posted on: 2015/3/25 20:06

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Tommy - would your well to do new collector friend possibly be interested in a 1957 International factory butane Hi Utility with spin out rims? It runs and has a box blade and I have photos - That particular one was made for three years.
Posted on: 2015/3/25 20:09

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 03.25.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14737 Posts

I'm having so much fun I don't want to stop.....the salt life is something I could get used to.....rented a wave runner today and took Uwoman along for the ride......only scared her a couple of times.....good day at the beach....
Posted on: 2015/3/25 22:09

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Jeez, Letty - hope your body shop friend has a speedy recovery! He's lucky to have you to help keep the place moving.
Posted on: 2015/3/25 22:29

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Jeez, Letty - hope your body shop friend has a speedy recovery! He's lucky to have you to help keep the place moving.

+++ VIVA LETTY!
Posted on: 2015/3/26 0:07

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

STILL WAITING ON THE RAIN, WE HAD A FEW SPRINKLES, NOTHING TO SPEAK OF. TULSA HAD A TORNADO ON THE GROUND, SOME WIND DAMAGE, DON'T KNOW HOW SEVERE.
Posted on: 2015/3/26 0:09

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Evening guys...left school at about 4:30 today. Still had the CNC running a job, but I needed to go look at another job. Came home for a few minutes, ate and then headed back to school to check on the CNC job. It finished fine, so I started another one and worked on a couple things, until I had to go to church to lead the Stations of the Cross.

One of the jobs I finished was a mantel clock. It's a battery powered movement, but a really neat looking clock. I personalized it with our name. Typical mission style, which fits right in with our decor. (I love the mission style furniture and decor)

Resized Image

Resized Image
Posted on: 2015/3/26 2:21

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 03.25.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
She thinks there are too many weirdos out there after hearing about the lady in Colorado who got her stomach cut open.

She has a point alright. Don't YOU go to people's houses for sales on craigslist?
Posted on: 2015/3/26 2:49

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Tommy - would your well to do new collector friend possibly be interested in a 1957 International factory butane Hi Utility with spin out rims? It runs and has a box blade and I have photos - That particular one was made for three years.

I'm afraid my acquaintance is at an age where liquidation takes a higher priority than acquisition. He's selling off the pieces he doesn't have too strong a connection to. Nothing that I know is listed. It's how he feels about it. Heck of a nice guy. I'm sure most of his items will go to his kids and grandkids. From what I gathered they don't carry his same passion. He has a ranch in the Carolinas where the grandkids used to go horseback riding. Seems the youngest is off to college now and no one else cares to be riding horses of late. Just another thing to maintain. Problems of luxury .......
Posted on: 2015/3/26 3:01

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Typical mission style, which fits right in with our decor. (I love the mission style)

You're freakin me out a little ..........
Posted on: 2015/3/26 3:03

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Matt your varying weather is bout to make it down here - We've had the most perfect weather - mid 70s, sunny with a slight breeze. Couldn't ask for any better except it only happens when I'm at work and stuck indoors.
Which is why I've been vacant. Busy as hell. The graphics shop is nutz. I have no idea where these people get their cash from. Take a cheap fishing boat and want to go from zero to hero and it's usually about $1200 to do that. Two just this week, a trailer, two Mack trucks, two storefronts, pickups you name it. The body shop is a whole nuther story. Stopped by there Saturday and dropped off some paint strainers and ran an errand. He was going up Sunday to paint an SUV that had the side taken out - been a huge job. Also have a Fusion up there that was waiting on tires so it could be sent out for tires/alignment. It still needed wet sanding on hood, door, fender and two small trim pieces put on. Well, he gets up Sunday, hurts on left side, breaks out into a cold sweat and hits the deck. Last thing he remembers is wife waking him up rolling him over freaking out and he is hauled off in the meat wagon. Couple days in the hospital and a balloon and a stent later for a fully blocked lower torso artery and some meds he's home. Frontal artery leading to heart is at 50%. of course h e's a two-pack-a-day smoker and likes his beer so he was a bit of a crab ass. She brought me the checkbook to handle stuff and I was up there Monday getting all that mess rolling. Called in the guy that painted my Corvette, he brought help and the other gal that works there let me in - by the time we left Monday the SUV was taped, papered, couple other small things fixed and plastic and ready for paint, parts sorted to get ready for assembly, the Fusion was wet sanded, buffed and tired and aligned and I gave the lady her keys and sent her home in it at 6. I hurt all over that night. if any of you get social security you got a small raise this year. the bank didn't change her witholding so now I have to make some adjustments and now my Medicaid pending status for the one in the home is all up in the air again. Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?
We are expecting snow Saturday and only temps about 40. Can't it be snow during the week and temps in the 70s o the weekend? I think the good Lord has his weather backwards.
Happy Hump Day.. carry on

Glad to hear everything is going so smooth, Letty.

Posted on: 2015/3/26 3:07

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Well-done, Tom - cool clock!
Posted on: 2015/3/26 3:14

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Yea, I knew someone would take that comment that way......that's OK too.
Posted on: 2015/3/26 3:26

Resized Image

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Nice piece... Mission style!!!

Or rather, nice clock great design !

I'm guessing stuff got painted at the shop and perhaps sanding and assembly started today by the other gal didn't hear from anyone. They were gone when I went by after work . I'll catch up to em Friday .
Nice here out in the porch but storms headed in.. Bill are the Cherokees under cover?
Posted on: 2015/3/26 3:53

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.