Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
147 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Backspacing
A wheel dimension measured from the hub mounting surface to the inner sidewall of the tire, usually measured in Inches. It determines how much tire ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 06.24.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Skies don't seem to cloudy but for some reason no sun. Kids wanted to go swimming last night and I said yes, but in less than 10 seconds started acting up so then the answer changed to no as their punishment. Difference between me and my wife is when I say "no" or there is a punishment, I follow through. They don't learn otherwise.

RR#2 has t-ball today. This is his second session. He seemed to like the first one. Maybe baseball will be a sport for him. We're letting him try out everything to see what he likes.

I keep reading TB's posts about the church remodel. Am I the only one who thinks rectory sounds like a dirty word, but really isn't?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2015/6/24 12:43

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 06.24.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14763 Posts

Hmmmm.....rectory rectory rectory......well maybe using my 8th grade mind......but not much......

Got the Rejex in from the big A....so any hints on applying it to the car Tom?

More of the same today as we move on into the heart of summer.....this is my time of the year and I'm always so busy its like I don't get to enjoy it....maybe I should goof off more.....

Enjoy everything Guru's.......
Posted on: 2015/6/24 13:20

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 06.24.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Bondja o!

Been busy since the opening bell, should be more of the same all day. I did manage to get the Vette out today, though. Hopefully I won't be stuck in stop-and-go traffic all the way home.

Rejex is real easy to work with, Marcus - you could probably do the whole car and it would still wipe off easily. I usually do it in sections, though. I should get around to giving mine a good coat one of these days.

Enjoy your day, all!
Posted on: 2015/6/24 14:35

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

GRIS Re: Wednesday Chat 06.24.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7688 Posts

A BEAUTIFUL MORNING IN THE NATIONS TODAY, SUNNY, COOL,(JUNE COOL, THAT IS) A LITTLE BREEZE. THE CHEROKEES ARE LOVING IT. NOW IF THE HUMIDITY WOULD JUST GO DOWN SOME---

#3 GRANDSON GOT HIS DR LISC YESTERDAY AND I GOT A LATE FATHER'S DAY LUNCH AT THE NEW JAP PLACE IN MUSKOGEE. I OFFERED TO LET HIM USE A 'VETTE FOR THE TEST BUT MOMMA DIDN'T THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA. I THOUGHT THE EXAMINER WOULD BE SO BUSY CHECKING OUT THE CAR HE WOULDN'T NOTICE ANY MINOR MISTAKES :-)

GOT THE OBSTACLE COURSE MOWED YESTERDAY EVENING, IT DOES LOOK A LOT BETTER NOW.
Posted on: 2015/6/24 14:57

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

GRIS Re: Wednesday Chat 06.24.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7688 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
I should get around to giving mine a good coat one of these days.

ME TOO, LEADING EDGES ESPECIALLY. I MUST HAVE KILLED HALF THE BUGS IN OKLA/ARK COMING BACK FROM FAYETTEVILLE MONDAY EVENING. HARVEY WAS WELL ENCRUSTED BUT THEY CAME OFF EASILY. THAT STUFF DOES WORK.
Posted on: 2015/6/24 15:01

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday Chat 06.24.15
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4663 Posts

Morning all... hot and scorching here today again - window at the office busted out. Some crackhead ran about with a crowbar knocking out business glasses last night. Nothing gone just broke glass. Air has been fixed up here which makes things indoors more tolerable as well. Hoping for a much slower day than yesterday but alas, there's the book to work on again tonight.
Posted on: 2015/6/24 15:57

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 06.24.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12375 Posts

Morning guys...on the run already this morning. Work at the RECTORY.....and work in the shop. Last night as I was cleaning stuff up I kept tripping over my air hose and thought, I need to get a retractable air hose...wait a minute, I bought one three years ago and never put it up. So I go dig it out and plan my strategy for where to install. I get the thing hung from the ceiling,but have to wait until this morning to get a hose made to hook into my existing air line. That means I have to sweat a "T" into the copper line. I hate F*@king plumbing.....I have ever told you guys that? I got the line cut and cleaned, then my neighbor, a former plumber, comes in the shop and I ask him about it. "Well, you've got the connections clean, don't touch them, and I'll come back after lunch to help you." So I ain't touching it.

Marcus, make sure it's clean, Have you clayed it recently? I'd clay it if it has been a while, then take a microfiber cloth and apply sparingly, let dry and buff. That's it.
Posted on: 2015/6/24 16:05

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 06.24.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I was busy enough today that mowing the lawn tonight was actually relaxing. That's just wrong.
Posted on: 2015/6/25 1:38

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 06.24.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12375 Posts

Went back to the rectory this evening to install the shower door. Took about 2 1/2 hours. Tomorrow I will go back and install the vanity cabinet, hang the door and put the trim up. That should just about finish my part of the project.

We (grandsons) got everything stained on the kitchen project, I got some finish sprayed and the drawer fronts installed on the drawer boxes today. It was hot out in the shop again, 101, and the wind was blowing pretty hard.

What kind of clothes should I pack for my trip? Are shorts in order for Michigan, Toronto, Niagara Falls in July?
Posted on: 2015/6/25 4:24

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 06.24.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33777 Posts

I was so busy that I was not here today.
Posted on: 2015/6/25 15:21

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.