Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
279 user(s) are online (206 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

teebee Sunday 04.10.2016 chat
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning guys....Already up and been to church. Rained in the night and is cloudy now. Supposed to clear up in the afternoon. I'm supposed to do a few more projects on #3's house....many fix a bad section of the roof. Don't think I want to climb up there right now with the possibilities of lightning. I don't really want to be a lightning rod.

I would love to go to the Royals game this afternoon, but too much to do.

I trust you all will have a great day.
Posted on: 2016/4/10 13:45

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Sunday 04.10.2016 chat
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

We went out for BIL's surprise bday party last night. It was at a brewery about 25 minutes from our house. Nice place. It was a good turn out, about 40 friends/family. Had some food from the food truck and a couple of beers. I found out I was diving so I cut it off pretty early. Didn't end up leaving until 1215. I had to drop off BIL at home and then was about 1:00 by the time I got home. Pretty late night for old folks like me

Took the day off work today so I can relax a bit.

Might drive the car later if I get the chance.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2016/4/10 14:15

Ultraman Re: Sunday 04.10.2016 chat
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14740 Posts

Got back from Kansas last night and slept in a bit this morning....like Brad says up at the crack of 9......funny! I was right, taking the doggie was a good move. He was the hit of the old folks home and Mom really responded well to him......Ham the dog just laid on her bed while she petted him. She was fairly sharp asking about the kids and all the goings on up here in Nebraska.....she is down to 113 lbs they tell me but is not eating much or drinking much......I made sure I said to her what I felt about her and the fact that she had been a good Mother who had weathered some big storms in her life.......she is ready to cross over and looking forward to it.....

I will nap today and like to watch the last day of the Masters.....I don't watch much golf but I always like that one.....what a beautiful place......

If you have folks still living give them a call today and tell them you love them it will be good for both parties..........

Resized Image
Posted on: 2016/4/10 14:39

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Although the circumstances may not be the best, I'm glad you got to have a nice visit with your mom, Marcus.
Posted on: 2016/4/10 15:07

pianoguy Re: Sunday 04.10.2016 chat
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Although the circumstances may not be the best, I'm glad you got to have a nice visit with your mom, Marcus.

Amen, and great advice, too, Marcus.

I put in a better effort this morning, almost made it to 10. We were up a little late, started watching the People vs. O.J. Simpson series. We had just finished up the 11.22.63 series earlier this week, didn't want to dive in until that was done. I'll be parked in front of the TV this afternoon for the Masters, too, for whichever part of the afternoon isn't consumed by cleaning out the garden. Presuming of course that the weather cooperates.

Those little breweries are neat places for a party - the one my son's girlfriend threw for him was a lot of fun.

Tom, you may want to wait to see a Royals game until they have an opponent. I'm not sure what happened to the Twinkies, but it looks like the wheels came off somewhere on the way back from spring training.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2016/4/10 15:20

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday 04.10.2016 chat
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

My sister has been in the hospital for the umpteenth time suffering from complications from her diabetes. She has defied the reaper more times than we can count. Mom is coming up on 90. She's in way better shape than my 70 year old sister. Mom is moving to another unit in the complex at the end of the month. They've been cleaning it up, painting, flooring and so on for months. She's moving to a nice 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo. She too has no fear of meeting her maker as she has already done so several times and come back. She has talked to me many times of the out of body experience, the seeing yourself on the operating table the drifting away into the light, the total peace. She had no fear at all. She went from assisted living to independent living about 5 years ago. Best move she ever made. Her quality of life is great. She does the things she loves which still includes dancing. I'm lucky to have had the lifelong experience of having mom just a phone call or letter away.
Posted on: 2016/4/10 15:24

Huskerland
14740 Posts

thanks guys........Brad tuff start for the twinks 0 and 5 but they will get better when they don't have to chip the ice off the bats........baseball is a warm weather sport the warmth loosens up the old arms you know....
Posted on: 2016/4/10 15:32

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Went to bed around 12:30 last night. I squinted at the alarm clock that said 09:47 AM. A noble effort and I can assure you, it was welcome. Sue's 1st cousins 50th B-day tonight at 07:00. Not a traditional B-Day celebration. It's taking place at the temple. An author and motivational speaker is taking the alter as is her cousin along with two rabbi's. Should be an interesting experience.

Baruch atah, Adonai Eloheinu, Melech haolam, asher natan lanu Torat emet, v’chayei olam nata b’tocheinu. Baruch atah, Adonai, notein haTorah.

Blessed are You, Adonai our God, Sovereign of the universe, who has given us a Torah of truth, implanting within us eternal life. Blessed are You, Adonai, who gives the Torah.
Posted on: 2016/4/10 15:32

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Speaking of The Masters, I tee'd off a nap at 02:15 and parlayed that into a par 5 1 1/2 afternoon snooze. 19th hole magic.
Posted on: 2016/4/10 20:45

Huskerland
14740 Posts

Well done Tommy......no melt down like Jordan Speith.......holy cow the guy is falling apart.....
Posted on: 2016/4/10 21:45

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Master-ful, Tommy! I was rooting for Jordan, but I picked Dustin Johnson in a friendly pool, so we'll see what happens.
Posted on: 2016/4/10 22:01

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

BrianCunningham Re: Sunday 04.10.2016 chat
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

My club had it's 1st autocross of the season today

I had to sit out with tire & clutch issues

Great turnout with a lot of Corvette including six C7's
Posted on: 2016/4/10 23:00

GRIS Re: Sunday 04.10.2016 chat
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7649 Posts

GREAT PARTY YESTERDAY, GOOD FOOD, GOOD BOOZE, AND GOOD COMPANY. SAW PEOPLE I HAVE NOT SEEN FOR YEARS, INCLUDING A SECOND COUSIN FROM TEXAS WHO DROVE UP. THE KIDS CHIPPED IN AND BOUGHT US A DELAYED HONEYMOON IN GLEN ROSE, TX. NEXT WEEK. SPA STUFF AND ASSORTED PAMPERINGS FOR DARLING WIFE, SPORTING CLAYS, HOG SHOOT, AND VARMINT HUNT FOR ME.

THE MENU SOUNDS PRETTY FANCY, NO CHICKENFRIED STEAK :-0

THE GRANDKIDS TIED TIN CANS TO MY TRUCK AND WROTE ALL OVER THE WINDOWS AT THE GLEEFUL URGING OF #1 DAUGHTERS FELLOW VET, EVA. ALL IS FORGIVEN THOUGH; SHE GAVE ME A BOTTLE OF WILD TURKEY :-)
Posted on: 2016/4/11 0:26

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:

GREAT PARTY YESTERDAY, GOOD FOOD, GOOD BOOZE, AND GOOD COMPANY. SAW PEOPLE I HAVE NOT SEEN FOR YEARS, INCLUDING A SECOND COUSIN FROM TEXAS WHO DROVE UP. THE KIDS CHIPPED IN AND BOUGHT US A DELAYED HONEYMOON IN GLEN ROSE, TX. NEXT WEEK. SPA STUFF AND ASSORTED PAMPERINGS FOR DARLING WIFE, SPORTING CLAYS, HOG SHOOT, AND VARMINT HUNT FOR ME.

THE MENU SOUNDS PRETTY FANCY, NO CHICKENFRIED STEAK :-0

THE GRANDKIDS TIED TIN CANS TO MY TRUCK AND WROTE ALL OVER THE WINDOWS AT THE GLEEFUL URGING OF #1 DAUGHTERS FELLOW VET, EVA. ALL IS FORGIVEN THOUGH; SHE GAVE ME A BOTTLE OF WILD TURKEY :-)

Excellent - I'll raise a Gentleman Jack in your general direction ;-)
Posted on: 2016/4/11 1:10

Huskerland
14740 Posts

and I a virtual Pappy Van Winkle to the newly weds......a toast...hear, hear....
Posted on: 2016/4/11 2:11

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

What's wrong with the clutch, Brian?
Posted on: 2016/4/11 10:44

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.