Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
296 user(s) are online (259 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Sheet Molded Compound
Also known as SMC.

This is the stuff that all C4 Corvettes are made of.

It’s similar to fiberglass, but much more durable.

The only issu...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 04.13.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Marcus, sorry I missed the chat yesterday. Happy Belated Birthday.

Tommy - hope you're feeling better.

Ken - congrats on the car!

Off from work today and ready to do nothing. I think I need to be retired, like Tommy

Drove the car the past few days to work. I've noticed the poly mounts did settle in a little bit, but I still don't like them. I guess I'll be going back to rubber mounts. GM doesn't make them anymore, so I have to go aftermarket. I just hope they work out ok with no problems.

Kids only have 6 more weeks of school before summer break. Hard to believe. I'm sure they are looking forward to it, but the wife isn't

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2016/4/13 12:33

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

.....wow the King for a day is over.....now it's back to being a peasant or is that a piss ant........it was fun while it lasted though......ate steaks and got some cool presents......got tickets to the Beach Boys later this summer in Lincoln along with the Temptations......or what's left of both bands anyway.....it will be fun.

I have started to collect watches that I think look cool....I only have a few but I got a Seiko Orange Monster for my Bday.....really like it and it must weigh a pound. I ordered the one that was made in Japan......I'm not the kind that is going to spend a grand or many grands on a watch......300 bucks is my limit but there are a lot of choices out there in that range.......no Rolexes or Breitlings or Doxa's for me.......unless I win the lotto of course......

Resized Image

Let's stay on time today Guru's.........
Posted on: 2016/4/13 13:13

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! The sun is shining, and it'll be in the mid-60's later, so the Vette came out of the garage. I really need to get cracking on figuring out my vibration issue, annoying.

Meanwhile, here's an idea to raise a little extra cash for that C7 wagon:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2016-04/13/c_135274379.htm

Spiffy watch, Marcus!

Have a great day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2016/4/13 13:30

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Gonna try to do a few things today as tolerated. If I feel bad later it's back to bed. Showing signs of improvement though. Chills and sweats are gone, head a little clearer. Sue's computer is still in limbo. The tech is gonna call Intuit today and see if they can recover at least some QuickBooks files. The files show up but nothing opens them. At this point all files outside of Windows 8 are gone. Sue hit the refresh button on her computer not realizing the consequences. Refresh removes all your non Windows 8 programs and lets you know what you dumped in an Explorer icon. There is no turning back after you hit Refresh. The programs were reinstalled, the back-up was wiped clean (I don't know how that happened) and does not have any stored data. Trying to access it shows a fatal error has occurred. Her computer is not connected to the internet and pretty much all it does is operate a Quickbooks program. She may have to build company records and inventory from scratch.
Posted on: 2016/4/13 13:31

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

Spiffy watch, Marcus!

I like that it has OE written right there on the front of the watch.
Posted on: 2016/4/13 13:33

KPotter Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.16
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

How do inanimate objects (cars) know when some extra money might be coming your way ?

As you will recall, yesterday I paid off the 'Vette. Dropped the Impala off for regular service and a couple of little annoyances. The garage, whom I totally trust, found a couple more that need to be dealt with.

So, normal service and tire rotation, heater mixer door replacement, starter is beginning to go - replace, Shifter inspection (doesn't always want to come out of park), front bushings. I hear mt credit card crying to the tune of $1050.

Hey, the car has almost 120k on the clock it is time for some things to start wearing out.

Tomorrow, oil change on the 'Vette.
Posted on: 2016/4/13 14:38

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

KPotter wrote:
How do inanimate objects (cars) know when some extra money might be coming your way ?

As you will recall, yesterday I paid off the 'Vette. Dropped the Impala off for regular service and a couple of little annoyances. The garage, whom I totally trust, found a couple more that need to be dealt with.

So, normal service and tire rotation, heater mixer door replacement, starter is beginning to go - replace, Shifter inspection (doesn't always want to come out of park), front bushings. I hear mt credit card crying to the tune of $1050.

Hey, the car has almost 120k on the clock it is time for some things to start wearing out.

Tomorrow, oil change on the 'Vette.

Seems to me the Impala showed you mercy and waited till it felt you could deal with it. Or ............ you held off till after the car was paid off to address some issues ........ One of the two.
Posted on: 2016/4/13 14:49

KPotter Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.16
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

I think it was showing me some mercy. I try to keep both vehicles properly maintained. I just wish I had the time and space to do some of the work myself like back in the good old days. Tuneup was oil change, plugs, points, condenser, maybe wires. Hook up the old dwell / tach and dial it in. Good to go.
Posted on: 2016/4/13 16:19

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.16
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

Hope Tommy is feeling better...
Happy belated birthday, Marcus!
Congrats on the ownership, Ken - that's gotta make ya happy although other auto bills from another one won't.
My truck search continues, found some we like - seems we're hedging toward a 2004 ish F150 FX4 or F150 Lariat, black on black with sunroof, etc and will end up being a supercrew. Not really what I had in mind but he says "when we go to the lake or somewhere (we) as in "you" take so much stuff and it's nice to have a place for it - or if we decide to take people with us they can sit comfortably.
But - with the F150s, the extended cab is plenty of roomy enough without having to go the full on supercrew. I wanted a regular cab but if he's paying half of it I guess he can have say in some part of the deal, right? LOL
Happy Wednesday, ya'll...
Posted on: 2016/4/13 17:53

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.16
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Not sure where I was yesterday....in "The Twilight Zone" I guess. Came home from the in-laws place and took about two hours to unload and put stuff away. Today I've been busy catching up on all the stuff that was here waiting on me.

Feels good to have it paid off doesn't it Ken. Happy birthday Marcus, you old geezer!

Posted on: 2016/4/13 22:15

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Letty - the trans on those f150s likes to go around 120-130k especially if it was used for towing. Make sure the IWE (4x4) system in the front is in good shape, could run you over 1000 to change the IWEs and associated parts. I have experience in both those areas with BILs 05 f150. No worries with the 4.6 engine, it is bulletproof.
Posted on: 2016/4/13 23:33

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Good luck with the truck shopping, Letty!

Meanwhile, saw this earlier today:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/AXFhTXSLjco
Posted on: 2016/4/13 23:58

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

.....now that's just mean......
Posted on: 2016/4/14 1:10

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

Matt - I'd be looking for a Chevy/GMC if it weren't for the fact my price point puts me in about an 05ish model - that's fine except it looks just like my old one. I'm more impressed with the looks/comfort features/roominess in the Fords. Spark plug design has the BF unhappy but there is a special tool for it and he can take care of that if necessary. Thanks for the tranny tip...
Posted on: 2016/4/14 16:16

Resized Image

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Matt - I'd be looking for a Chevy/GMC if it weren't for the fact my price point puts me in about an 05ish model - that's fine except it looks just like my old one. I'm more impressed with the looks/comfort features/roominess in the Fords. Spark plug design has the BF unhappy but there is a special tool for it and he can take care of that if necessary. Thanks for the tranny tip...

That's only on the 3 valve motors. If it's a 2 valve motor it's not a problem. Some 4.6 were 2v, some 3v. I think it depends on the package. I think all 5.4 were 3v. I'm not an expert in it. But there is a special tool for it that's not too expensive. The Ford guys run the engine before they change the plugs to loosen everything up and then change them. Guys say they have good luck doing that.
Posted on: 2016/4/14 16:42

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

We're looking at a 05 F150 FTX Tuscany conversion with the 5.4 L.....
I've had one ford truck in my life and loved it, the gmc runs like a striped ape, had the 5.3 vortec. This one should be comparable?
Posted on: 2016/4/14 17:27

Resized Image

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Unfortunately I can't comment on the two trucks, having never driven either.
Posted on: 2016/4/14 18:57

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.