Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
288 user(s) are online (278 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TLS
Transverse Leaf Spring

A design first used by Chevrolet in the 1963 Corvette with independent rear suspension. When centrally mounted, it function...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ultraman 4-28-16 Chat.......
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

Morning Guru's.....heading to Kansas this rainy day to try and work some things out with the long term care folks......I'd rather someone beat my with a large log.......

Need some prayers and mojo's for Uboys roommate and best friend who was seriously injured on a National Guard training maneuver yesterday.....He is in a medically induced coma after having surgery for a severely injured spinal column. They do not know if he will be paralyzed or not at this point..... I was over with Uboy and his buds yesterday just to be with him.

The kids parents are flying out this morning to be with him.......once again I am reminded that I have no real problems......

Have a safe day Guru's....
Posted on: 2016/4/28 13:37

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 4-28-16 Chat.......
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7643 Posts

SUNNY AND COOL IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, IT'S MAKING THE CHEROKEES SMILE.

I'M OFF TO THE RIFLE RANGE THIS MORNING, TO FAYETTEVILLE THIS EVENING TO WATCH #2 GRANDDAUGHTER'S SOCCER GAME.

TRAINING ACCIDENTS CAN BE REALLY BAD NEWS, ESPECIALLY IN ARMOR & MECH OUTFITS. WAR IS A DANGEROUS GAME, EVEN IF IT'S NOT REAL.
Posted on: 2016/4/28 13:56

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: 4-28-16 Chat.......
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

True that......he was in a Semi that tipped over when it got off the road into the mud and it landed on his side.....mostly sever neck injuries......
Posted on: 2016/4/28 13:58

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: 4-28-16 Chat.......
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! More drizzle and gloom today, getting tiresome. They're saying it will be sunny on Friday - I'll believe it when I see it.

Mojo indeed for the young man - all the best!

Have a good one, Gurus!
Posted on: 2016/4/28 14:36

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: 4-28-16 Chat.......
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning guys....I've been to the 'city' and back already and got one wall of cabinets hung this morning. I hope you can get some things squared away with the long term care place Marcus. And I hope and pray that the young man comes out Ok from his injuries.

Speaking of weather, it's freaking chilly this morning here. Low 40's and doesn't seem to be headed upward at all. The breeze makes it feel even colder. Glad I'm not out in it today.

Well, headed back to the jobsite, I forgot one of my levels and needed to come home and get it....and a fresh cup of coffee. Later guys.
Posted on: 2016/4/28 15:53

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Oh, did anyone else have problem with getting on here this morning? I think maybe the site was down for a while this morning.
Posted on: 2016/4/28 15:55

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 4-28-16 Chat.......
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
once again I am reminded that I have no real problems......

Very true. I sometimes (always) let the little $#!+ get in my way when in actuality they are just little inconveniences.

Speaking of inconveniences, Sue once again disregarded my banning of her cooking on high temperatures which resulted in a smoking pan of butter. She got distracted by a business email she wanted me to read to her, a rather lengthy one. Next thing you know there was smoke. She went in, grabbed the pan and went to run out the front door with it. Schatzie tripped her up trying to beat her out the door which resulted in her dropping the pan and splattering the boiling butter on her right foot. This happened around 09:00 PM after we had just got home from loading her truck and trailer at the nursery. Course she was just finishing up a 14 hour day and I was working later than I care to myself. After a phone call to her emergency physician friend and instead of heading to an Urgent Care center, she decided to ask the pharmacists what they recommended. Both said Solarcaine with aloe at the same time. The doctor suggested silvadene which she would have had to be seen by a doctor to get prescribed. This morning being distracted by her pain she forgot to bring the 2 chainsaws she needed. That resulted in me having to drive a 2 1/2 round trip to get the saws to her and her crew. But, who am I to bitch. She always tells me I'm grumpy because I drop the f bomb several times a night in reaction to disturbances in the force which she creates. I told her don't be so sensitive. I drop the f bomb many, many times a day. WTF's, m'er f'ers, f'n f and the list goes on. Matter of fact I'm well over 20 times already day. Most of them on my hour and a half drive north. But c'est la vie. It's just another f'n day ..... Nothing compared to the suffering many will have to endure today......... F it. It's time to get back to work .....

Never bored ...
Posted on: 2016/4/28 16:35

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Sheesh, never boring indeed - hope she is better soon! Maybe you should get a swear jar - then drop a buck in there every time an f-bomb is let loose. Pretty soon you'd be able to turn that jar of cash into one of these:

http://coolmaterial.com/home/boeing-737-engine-chair

Posted on: 2016/4/28 17:45

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I think the f bombs would consume more than my monthly income. Who would pay the bills? lol. Mostly I say them out loud when I'm by myself. I don't swear a lot when talking with others. Then I use selective swearing for emphasis. I do find myself talking more and out loud to nobody. It's sort of an expression therapy.
Posted on: 2016/4/28 17:52

vetteblondie Re: 4-28-16 Chat.......
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Tommy sounds like me - I'd need a dump truck as a swear jar here lately. Sorry to hear about the burn tho - that would make me drop a few f bombs myself. Did just that a couple weeks ago from being burned on my hand. BF was 'helping me' with steaks, he took them out of the oven to see that they were done enough. He was trying to cut one and the pan was wiggling. I was distracted by the other 47 things I was trying to do at once and grabbed the handle firmly of said hot pan to hold it still. Turned my hand white and could not fully open it. Can't recall in the last few years when I've hurt that badly. Warm water to temper it for about 20 minutes and then aloe and then he tried a 'burn pack' he got from his first aid kit. That crap made it worse. Felt like a constant fire held to my hand. Neosporin and a loose gauze did best and within about four hours hurting stopped. Blisters came and went, healing fine now. Cuss I did. A lot. And cried. Cried so hard snot came out my nose. That's some hard crying right there. Then he didn't want to eat as he was worried about me so I got mad and cussed more and told him to eat his f-n dinner as I didn't get hurt for nothing. men lol
Hope you get the care facility issues handled Marucs, I know first hand how much a pain those can be. Prayers for the son's roommate as well. I think I have all kinds of things to whine about until I see a story like that.
One more day at the grindstone and it's the weekend. It's a beautiful day here, wish I was off.
Posted on: 2016/4/28 18:10

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Cried so hard snot came out my nose. That's some hard crying right there. Then he didn't want to eat.

Maybe these two sentences are somehow related.

Attach file:

jpg  snot7.jpg (57.73 KB)
852_572267b82c757.jpg 423X600 px
Posted on: 2016/4/28 19:42

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I could've used the dump truck-size jar on my way home tonight - the freeways are overrun with morons. And then you stop and think that these people also vote and procreate.
Posted on: 2016/4/28 23:47

Matatk Re: 4-28-16 Chat.......
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Sorry to hear about the woes...good luck to Uboys friend, Marcus, and I hope Sue heals up, Tommy.
Posted on: 2016/4/29 0:37

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Man, it's been one heck of a day, it sounds like.

I got the kitchen and bathroom cabinets installed. I'm sure glad that I bought that laser level a couple weeks back, that SOB saves a sh!tload of time.

Sorry to hear of all the woes out there. I have one too, but it's nothing.....just a f*#king plumbing issue. I have ever told you guys that I hate f*#king plumbing? yea, I think I have.
Posted on: 2016/4/29 1:54

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.