Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
299 user(s) are online (238 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Ultraman October the 13th........coffee and chat
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14754 Posts

Morning Guru's.......cold here.....like 32 degrees cold.....fall has arrived in all its glory....

Today I am starting the process to get my Hazmat certification for my CDL....its a lengthy process as you have to be fully vetted by TSA to get one since you will have the capability to haul some nasty stuff. Consider it the Phd of CDL's.......it allows us to haul Anhydrous Ammonia and Ethanol and other nasty chemicals........and that pays a lot more.......

Other than that its another harvest day in the midlands.....enjoy Guru's....
Posted on: 2016/10/13 11:32

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: October the 13th........coffee and chat
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12372 Posts

Morning guys...cold here too. Not as cold as Marcus, but cold, 34. There's frost on the pumpkins.

Got some things to do today and it's supposed to stay cool and warm up tomorrow, so I'll be in the shop with the doors closed.
Posted on: 2016/10/13 12:32

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: October the 13th........coffee and chat
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Cool enjoyable evenings. Rare for this early in the season. Great for top down evening driving if I did that sort of thing anymore. Today's plans are a toss up. Work on the cars or work in the back yard. Both need attention. Gooday guys.
Posted on: 2016/10/13 12:36

istter1 Re: October the 13th........coffee and chat
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Nice weather today.Had a problem with the vet oil filter it was a bear to get off. Guess I pulled so hard that the pipe ol that the filter screws on to loosened up. The old 87 dumped oil like crazy. Lucky I keep 50+ lb of kitty litter.
Posted on: 2016/10/13 13:15

pianoguy Re: October the 13th........coffee and chat
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Nice and sunny here - working from home today. There was hardly any traffic in the hallway, digging it.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2016/10/13 13:27

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

GRIS Re: October the 13th........coffee and chat
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7675 Posts

CLOUDY AND COLD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. YESTERDAY WAS CLOUDY AND DRIPPY MOST OF THE DAY, BUT ONLY A QUARTER INCH IN THE RAIN GAGE. THE CHEROKEES ARE READY FOR SOME SUNSHINE AND SO AM I.
Posted on: 2016/10/13 13:59

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Matatk Re: October the 13th........coffee and chat
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Cold here. Started at 39 and will work its way up to 57.

Missed yesterday's chat but I've kept busy around the house. I finally got the clamp changed on the power steering hose. I didn't even have to take the hose off luckily so that was less messy. Now I hope it will work as it should.

As far as yesterday's chat... Marcus, you are a good friend for helping drive the semi load of grain. TB, I hope the table does very well at the auction. Tommy, sorry to hear about your employee. It's tough when you run a business and one of your main people leaves.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2016/10/13 14:28

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Tommy, sorry to hear about your employee. It's tough when you run a business and one of your main people leaves.

And we lost 2 of 4. I keep trying to tell Sue to run it like she did when she started. Smaller projects and nursery sales by appointment until we find suitable replacements. I could always go back to work but that is NOT an option I offer. I work/worked on the clock enough. Really don't care to go back to a regular work schedule even when Sue tells me "It's OUR business.".
Posted on: 2016/10/13 14:56
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2016/10/13 16:38:19

vetteblondie Re: October the 13th........coffee and chat
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4657 Posts

Brad has the kind of morning commute I like. No hallway traffic.
Starting to have some dips on the temps in the mornings around here, but nothing like the 30s ya'll are havin. Today was 57 when I walked out. Gets up to high 80s during the day. Really would like a day off to enjoy it on the deck. Rained today tho, so no, not today lol.
Have been busier than a one-legged cat in a litterbox with all this house stuff and trying to get rid of things ahead of time. One girl I know, some dude torched her house and she lost everything and I just so happened to have some things so loaded her up with my mother's old sofa (still nice) and a matching large framed picture, a coffee table, a recliner, a queen headboard, two nightstands, dresser, odd pots and pans, a xlarge George Foreman, a griddle, two crock pots, another square deep cooking thing with lid and a bunch of clothes as she's about the same size as me. Maybe it will help her get back on her feet. Speaking of house, things aren't going my way with this. Got the home inspection done and we're out $425 for that and that's a small price to pay to keep from being stuck with a $200k fixer-upper. There's some definite roof issues and it'll be needing a new one soon. Rafters weren't done right and although they can be properly repaired, for that price, we shouldn't have to. Have been very upset with it all. And, add to that , one of my friends of 25 years has, out of nowhere, deleted me from his cell and FB. Sounds high school but 25 years?? all because his new, half-his-age girlfriend is jealous. Wow. I thought we were all past stuff like that. I'm the least of her worries, although I could provide her with a list of those she should be worried about.
Hope you all have a great day. I'll be spending my afternoon trying to figure out a design for a school bus wrap for Kennett.
Cheers
Posted on: 2016/10/13 16:17

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Letty, the home inspection is worth every penny. Money well spent. Your gf's bf is an idiot. She should throw his ass to the wolves. There is a price to pay for stupidity.
Posted on: 2016/10/13 16:36

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4657 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Letty, the home inspection is worth every penny. Money well spent. Your gf's bf is an idiot. She should throw his ass to the wolves. There is a price to pay for stupidity.

You're correct, it was worth every penny. Wish I could sell my report to anyone else interested. There should be a site where you can do that. Say you're looking at a home at 123 Street, Anytown USA - log into a "site" and look up the address and see if there are any current inspection reports on there.
yea, friend's a dumbass. You don't be friend with someone for 25 years then ditch them because your new jealous girlfriend can't handle it. Very immature
Posted on: 2016/10/13 17:23

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Good on ya for helping out the friend with the fire, Letty!
Posted on: 2016/10/13 17:36

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: October the 13th........coffee and chat
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14754 Posts

Ya and nice boyfriend who torched the house......hope he's in jail on the rock pile making little ones out of big ones......

Very neighborly to donate the stuff.........no insurance?

I'm thinking maybe they were't that good of friend to begin with if they can't tell their gf to shut up........thank goodness those folks aren't running for President........uh....wait.......
Posted on: 2016/10/13 17:59

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4657 Posts

No, they're not running for prez but they do vote. Bad enough.
The gal that got the house torched was in the process of buying the house. Owner made her an offer, told her the down payment and she had her loan approval and half her down bout ready to close the deal. She'd already been in there making improvements, new shower surrounds, etc. The guy that owns the property adjacent went to the owner behind her back and offered cash plus $500 extra. It's all next to his farmland which is why he wanted it. Only gave her a week to move and hand wrote some eviction thing. That's not legal. Has to be done through proper channels. She was in the shower and he bulldozed it, then when she left he torched it. She came back to get things and it was all ashes. I know the dude's family, he's a dick. Cops are afraid of him cause he has money, so thus far, nothing has been done.
Posted on: 2016/10/13 18:06

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Wow, that is movie material!
Posted on: 2016/10/13 18:35

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4657 Posts

yup.. backwoods Arkansas at it's finest
Posted on: 2016/10/13 20:47

Resized Image

istter1 Re: October the 13th........coffee and chat
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Hang in there girl
Posted on: 2016/10/13 23:28

GRIS Re: October the 13th........coffee and chat
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7675 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
yup.. backwoods Arkansas at it's finest

ONLY TOO TRUE. THAT'S WHY WHEN I GOT A CHANCE TO LEAVE ARKANSAS AND COME BACK TO OKLAHOMA MY SHIRT TAIL DIDN'T HIT MY ASS TILL I GOT HERE.
Posted on: 2016/10/14 0:53

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.