Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
301 user(s) are online (267 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

teebee first day of Novemeber chat 11-1-2016
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Morning guys... Halloween is over that means it's Novemeber
Posted on: 2016/11/1 12:27

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman November 1 Chat.......
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Where did it go? October......holy cow its like a runaway train.....although its going to be nice here today the cold is not far off.....Time to think about putting QuickSilver to bed I guess.....nuts....had some good runs in it this year......about 55K mileage

What up today Guru's......keep it safe.....
Posted on: 2016/11/1 12:29

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

istter1 Re: November 1 Chat.......
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

55-71 today great weather. Thanksgiving is almost here. Veteran day .The year is progressing.
Have a great day guys
Posted on: 2016/11/1 12:49

pianoguy Re: November 1 Chat.......
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! The sun is shining, hopefully it will dry out the leaves enough so I can start cleaning up the mess that accumulated last week. My trees are almost bare - that went fast. I guess that means I'll have to also think about getting the snowblower ready for action soon. However, it'll be in the 60's for the next week, not too shabby.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2016/11/1 13:04

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

GRIS Re: November 1 Chat.......
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7660 Posts

SEMI-CLOUDY AND NOT SO COOL THIS MORNING, WILL RAIN TOMORROW NIGHT THEY SAY.

GOT A HEAD START THIS MORNING BLOWING THE LEAVES OFF THE PATIOS BEFORE THE WIND GETS UP AND BLOWS THEM BACK ON. DAMNED OAK TREES DON'T ALL DROP THEIR LEAVES AT THE SAME TIME, AND INDIVIDUAL TREES DON'T DROP THEIRS ALL AT ONCE. DISGUSTING.

GOT MY FIRST OF THE MONTH CHORES STARTED, WINDING CLOCKS, PILLING DOGS, DE-FLEAING CATS, SWITCHING PISTOL MAGS. TRASH PICKUP TODAY, I HOPE. MY BACK IS ALMOST BACK TO BASELINE, BUT I'LL WAIT TILL TOMORROW BEFORE DOING ANYTHING MORE IN THE BARN.

"You can observe a lot by watching."
Posted on: 2016/11/1 13:59

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: November 1 Chat.......
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Back from delivery. Errands to run then back home to household chores. Waiting for a call from family members about my older sis. Last I heard she was still with us. There are plans in place should the need arise. They have zero funds so my guess is her remains will go right to the crematorium and my BIl will do as he wishes with the ashes. A memorial service will take place at her place of worship. All services and the snacks after will be donated by the members. There is no real reason for me to go yet as she is pretty much unresponsive. I will miss her but I'm glad to have the memories we shared through the decades. She is just a shell of he former self with her body racked by diabetes and complications related to the disease. Truly, I'm amazed she made it to 70. She has had an ongoing decline in the quality of life for about 8 years now. Lost her daughter a couple of years ago to diabetes as well. She was in her young 40's. I actually know many diabetics. The severity varies. None of my other siblings or me appear to have any symptoms. Though heart issues also run a high risk in my family. I've been vigilant and see my heart doctor every year for blood work, blood pressure and such. I've had controlled blood pressure for about 10 years now. Go out and schedule a physical if you need one, cancer screening too. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE ......... Enough out of me .......
Posted on: 2016/11/1 16:29

TommyT-Bone Re: November 1 Chat.......
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Ran my glorified Volkswagen (911) today. Anything higher than 3rd gear had me exceeding the speed limit. Ran great and used the cold A/C (cold for a Porsche). It's in the mid 80's here today. Sweating weather. Off to do some yard work ......

Went to the drive through at the bank. Bank teller: Is that an 88? Me: No, It's an 83. Bank teller: Nice looking Porsche. Me: Thank you.
Posted on: 2016/11/1 19:32

vetteblondie Re: first day of Novemeber chat 11-1-2016
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

Still in the upper 70s low 80s here. We're not understanding where all the summery beautiful weather is coming from but we're happy to have it.
Wet sanded the cab to the 65 C10 Friday, it got painted yesterday. Looks real nice. Some night this week I'll go back up there and help him get it set down on the frame. He claims it's a downhill slide from here but I'm not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel yet. He's decided to start getting rid of stuff for his upcoming retirement. We sold the frame machine yesterday and I'm bout to list his Blue Point plasma cutter. I've spoken for the lift and a couple of cars, the sandblaster and part cleaning tank.
Hope everyone had a good weekend and enjoyed the trick or treaters. We dodged 'em and left town to go have a nice quiet dinner.
Posted on: 2016/11/1 19:39

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: first day of Novemeber chat 11-1-2016
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Unseasonably warm here in the upper 70s today. I came home and cut the grass before dinner. Broke a sweat. Wow. Not normal for Nov 1.

Tommy, sorry to hear about your sister. I knew she was ill, but not to that extent.

Speaking of Porsches....I was out driving this evening and some d-bag in a boxster was redlining it and weaving in/out past me in a 35 mph zone. Made it to the next red light really fast. The only thing I kept thinking was "pssshhhh, mine's faster than that"

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2016/11/2 2:25

teebee Re: first day of Novemeber chat 11-1-2016
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Hey guys, not sure what i did or got done, but was busy all day. It was ,uch cooler than yesterday, only in the upper 60s and a little breezy. I did get things put away and a few little things accomplished in the shop, made two computer calls and sold some things on facebook that I had sitting around.

Working on another computer that's just about to kick my arse. Client brought this Vista computer in says , she needs to have XP installed instead. After a couple false starts, I got XP installed on a different HDD, but fionding drivers to support the network (both wired and wireless) is proving to be an arse kicker. The Vista drivers don't work, close but no Seegar.... I get it, one way or another.

Well , I trust everything went well for you today.
Posted on: 2016/11/2 2:58

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: first day of Novemeber chat 11-1-2016
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Much mojo for your sister, Tommy.
Posted on: 2016/11/2 3:05

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.