Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
309 user(s) are online (264 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  National Corvette Museum
The mission of the National Corvette Museum is to celebrate the Corvette's invention, and preserve the legendary automobile's past, present, and futu...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Typical Tuesday Chat 11.15.16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Up and at em with the madam. Make it a gureat day everyone.
Posted on: 2016/11/15 11:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Typical Tuesday Chat 11.15.16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2016/11/15 11:49

pianoguy Re: Typical Tuesday Chat 11.15.16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! I should be out playing golf, gonna be close to 60 the next few days before the bottom drops out of the thermometer. But noooooooooooo, meetings galore instead.

Have a good one, Gurus!
Posted on: 2016/11/15 13:33

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

istter1 Re: Typical Tuesday Chat 11.15.16
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Feeling better today going to work. Weather is cool. Waiting for Friday we have a week off for thanksgiving
Posted on: 2016/11/15 13:47

pianoguy Re: Typical Tuesday Chat 11.15.16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2016/11/15 14:08

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Matatk Re: Typical Tuesday Chat 11.15.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Playing daddy daycare today and need to get the kids off to school soon. Wife took a new position within the hospital and it comes with 6 weeks of full time orientation/training. So M-F she'll be off at the job learning her new role.

I have some errands to run today and I'll get the car put away either today or tomorrow. Pretty good run these past few weeks. I've put over 2,000 miles on the Vette this summer. Can't say I've done that in a long, long time.

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Giving up on the Audi, Matt?

My Audi was a diesel and is involved in the emissions scandal. VAG is buying it back so I had to do some car shopping. Hopefully I will get the final paperwork for the buyback soon. I have selected a Honda Accord as my replacement. Local dealer found me a super nice one, like new loaded 2015 V6 with under 14,000 miles. CPO with 100,000 mile warranty, etc. Getting a deal, too, so I can't complain. About $3-4k more than I wanted to spend originally, but they found me a newer car with lower miles for a better overall deal. It's basically a new car without the new car price tag.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2016/11/15 14:33

Ultraman Re: Typical Tuesday Chat 11.15.16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

Matt I know guys who don't want to give up their VW Diesels because they get good mileage and no DEF......

....ring ring.......later on guys....

Posted on: 2016/11/15 14:59

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: Typical Tuesday Chat 11.15.16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7645 Posts

SUNNY AND 52 ON THE FRONT PORCH THIS MORNING. ALL MY CHORES FOR THE DAY ARE DONE.

HAD AN INTERESTING AND RARE EXPERIENCE AT THE VAH THIS MORNING. RIGHT HEARING AID GONE SOUTH AGAIN AND I HAD A 0730 APPOINTMENT TO GET IT LOOKED AT. I GOT THERE EARLY, SO DID THE TECH AND BY 0730 I WAS PULLING OUT OF THE PARKING LOT :-)

INTERESTING, BUT TOMMY TOLD US THIS ALREADY:

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/more-th ... ters-didnt-vote/351964445

Posted on: 2016/11/15 15:57

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

vetteblondie Re: Typical Tuesday Chat 11.15.16
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Warming back up here this week, should be nearly 80 tomorrow. Wish I was off. But then if I was, I'd just sleep. Still sick as a dog. Not really better but different if that makes sense. At least the sneezing and running nose mess has slowed. Just fevery and congested now. Loading the U-haul starts tonight. I am so not up for this mess right now.
Happy Tuesday y'all...
Posted on: 2016/11/15 16:12

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: Typical Tuesday Chat 11.15.16
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Hey guys... been up and out in the shop since 7:30. Finished the staining and started the spraying of the lacquer. Just awaiting the drying process now. It is pretty nice out there, upper 50s headed to mid 70s.

Somebody in that story, Brad, is full of sh!t. What sunroof on a 67 Corvette? Hope you get to feeling better Letty. Gris, What did you say, eh? Good luck with the new car purchase Matt. Steve, if you make it to Friday it's downhill for the first semester.

Well, I got to get back to the shop. later guys.
Posted on: 2016/11/15 16:49

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
INTERESTING, BUT TOMMY TOLD US THIS ALREADY:

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/more-th ... ters-didnt-vote/351964445

I did? ... Maybe I did.

Got back from the delivery and I tried to leave and the van wouldn't start. A customer pulls up. I really don't like to do sales but anyway I asked them what they were looking for. Indoor palm they say. I show them a few but really don't see what would work for them. All of a sudden I have a need to take a ..... bathroom break. I suggested they might want to go with artificial plants since it's for indoor use. The guy laughed and said "I'd never expect a plant nursery to suggest artificials.". While I'm talking to them another customer pulls up and even though the gate is closed they walk in and start looking around. They want a complete landscape. I tell them they will have to call Sue and discuss it with her. She will go buy the house and give them some thoughts and maybe a rough draft. She say's "Do you mind if I look around?" I tell her now would not be a good time. I have a van that won't start and I have some frozen pies and other items I need to get into the refrigerator. That and I still have to .... take care of a little business. Anyway I bring out the box truck and transfer the stuff that has to get home fast. For the hell of it I tried to start the van and nothing. I had already tapped the starter, the battery had 12+ volts. I was a little pissed . In anger I quickly turned the key back and forth a couple of times not thinking it would do any good. Then I hear the starter kick in. WTF. I start the van, open the gate and pull it in, then get the box truck and pull it back in. Next transfer all the stuff back to the van of course while leaving the van running, lock everything back up and head home. Emptied the van then parked it. Turned it off and on a couple of times and it started right up. I hate when stuff like that happens but at least I got it back home. So I have an ignition/security/starter issue that is going to raise it's head again someday. Maybe not. Could be one of those one time things. I'll do some poking around some other time. Now that I was back home I got to sit down and think for a couple of minutes ...........
Posted on: 2016/11/15 19:39

vetteblondie Re: Typical Tuesday Chat 11.15.16
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Hilarious! That's when people always want to come hang around - when you need to... well.. sit down for a minnit.
Or, you're already in there and that's when the phone starts ringing and you're the only person in the office...
Congrats on the car Matt, hope it last you a long time.
Perhaps you can loan it to Tommy so he can haul his pies?
Speaking of palms... how does one take care of what I think are cycas palms in Arkansas? Appears the current residents will be leaving us some that are in large pots around the pool area...
Posted on: 2016/11/15 20:36

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Here you go Letty

http://www.cycadpalm.com/cold-toleran ... ds--the--short-list-.html

The pies were gonna get home by box truck or golf cart.
The odd part was I was already outside the gate with the gate locked and I was literally stepping into the van when the fun began. It all went downhill from there. Later in the day I actually felt bad that I didn't give these people my full attention but I was somewhat distracted. The main issue is I don't know all the plants, the prices without looking them up, or a lot of technical answers to people's inquiries. They think I should know everything. I have to explain to them that it is not my end of the business. I assist my wife. I'm a honey-do. Since we lost our office worker the nursery operation is pretty much by appointment only since Sue's main concentration is on the landscape installation end of the business. We have more work than we have time to dedicate to. You can't just go hire a field sales worker off the street. You have to train them. Training them takes a long time. Months. Oh well. One day at a time.
Posted on: 2016/11/16 5:08

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.