Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
303 user(s) are online (259 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  SBC
This stands for Small Block Chevrolet. The engine debuted in 1955 and remained largely unchanged until 1986. The initials are still used today to d...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Tick Tock Tuesday 12.20.16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2016/12/20 12:56
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Tick Tock Tuesday 12.20.16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I have to go do a couple of pickups and deliveries this morning. 5 days till the annual Hanumas/Christica party. Plenty to do but little things get in the way. Oh well, seems to be routine around here. I could get aggravated but what good would it do. I'm sure I'll try it and find out. Have fun guys .
Posted on: 2016/12/20 13:02

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Attach file:

jpg  Sloshy the snowman.jpg (73.03 KB)
852_58592c1f9d01c.jpg 550X641 px
Posted on: 2016/12/20 13:03

pianoguy Re: Tick Tock Tuesday 12.20.16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! It's a great day to be a windshield washer fluid salesman. A little respite from the Great Freeze of 2016 is making for lots of slop on the roads.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2016/12/20 13:22

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Matatk Re: Tick Tock Tuesday 12.20.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Yesterday was brutally cold here. Started out at -10 and worked it's way up to a +10! Miserable. Today should hit 26 so that's a little better.

Tommy, better get to work...Someone has to pay for that sweet new truck! Congrats and man is it sharp.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2016/12/20 13:46

Ultraman Re: Tick Tock Tuesday 12.20.16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

funny on the snowman.......bit warmer today here also......back to normal winter in Nebraska..... work work work....... I have found out that trucking would be a great business if you did not have drivers or have to haul anything......... they are working to get rid of the drivers and have drone trucks you know........they carried a load of Budweiser Fort Collins to Colorado Springs. 51,744 cans of Bud.......talk about precious cargo.....the driver sat in the sleeper in a comfy chair while the truck did all the work. Sounds like trouble to me but what do I know.......

Gotta get to it....have a splendid day Guru's.....

From yesterdays chat.......the 5.3 Chevy engine is probably the best engine GM ever came up with. Amazing power and reliability. We own several....
Posted on: 2016/12/20 13:48

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

istter1 Re: Tick Tock Tuesday 12.20.16
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

we have a nice 30 right now.warming up if the fog lifts. Get to call aain at 6 to see if i have jury duty. Got another letter for jury duty January 3. So it looks like my school vacation will be sitting in court
Posted on: 2016/12/20 14:11

teebee Re: Tick Tock Tuesday 12.20.16
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning guys....warmer here too. Looking to get up to mid to upper 40s. I'm headed to Rosies' office to help with the Christmas baskets for the low income and elderly. got to get them made up this morning (85 IIRC of what Rosie said), then this afternoon, we will help the people get them loaded into their cars and deliver some to the homebound. Proves to be a good day.

I've had a couple different 5.3 engines. The 99 was tough and strong, but the 09 is waay more powerful and they have made more improvements on it since then. Cute "snowman" Tommy.
Posted on: 2016/12/20 14:11

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Tick Tock Tuesday 12.20.16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7645 Posts

A SUNNY 32 IN THE NATIONS WITH A LIGHT SOUTH WIND. LOOKS LIKE THE DEEP FREEZE IS BEGINNING TO THAW. THE CHEROKEES ARE READY FOR THAT!

I PLAN TO HEAD UP TO TULSA TODAY TO DELIVER CHRISTMAS CHEER AND CHECK OUT OUR YASAKUNI SWORD. HARVEY IS THE DUTY CAR THIS WEEK.

AND IN THE NEWS: THE PROFIT MOBAMA IS BUSY TURNING DRUG DEALERS LOOSE, HIS WAY OF STIMULATING THE ECONOMY.

ALSO SAW WHERE CORVETTE SALES ARE DOWN 11%. WONDER IF PRICE HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THAT?
Posted on: 2016/12/20 14:42

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
ALSO SAW WHERE CORVETTE SALES ARE DOWN 11%. WONDER IF PRICE HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THAT?

I saw some DEEP discounts on the lot. The dealer here has 100+ Corvettes ready for purchase.

Just me thinking ....... Can a driver get a DUI if the truck is driving? All that beer onboard would be tempting.

Posted on: 2016/12/20 17:55

Ultraman Re: Tick Tock Tuesday 12.20.16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

......no really Occifur........I'm just a passenger here in the back......resting....the truck is driving itself.......see.......
Posted on: 2016/12/20 18:39

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Tick Tock Tuesday 12.20.16
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

OK, back from my day at the health office. We put 85 food baskets together, I delivered 13 around town to elderly and then this afternoon I met people coming in to pick up the others. Had GS #2 and #3 helping. Each family got a basket of food and a 12-14lb frozen turkey and families with children got presents (Christmas Star program). I'm tired, but as I told some of the others, what was so great was delivering those baskets, especially to those who weren't really expecting them, to see their faces light up, and the look of gratitude that showed through. Even got a couple hugs.

GM is shutting the Corvette plant down for a week in January. Some of the other GM plants are being shut down 2 and even 3 weeks. Seems like, if they really wanted to sell cars they would just make them more affordable. Seems simple enough to me.
Posted on: 2016/12/20 22:09

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Tick Tock Tuesday 12.20.16
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

That looks like me right now at the office. Exactly.

A little warmer here too, but until it hits 80 I'm not gonna be happy.

Found out earlier today just how small a world can be...
When I was married the 1st time, he got himself a 61 Impala SS to restore, I helped. I wanted a car. His dad did some car trade and for the equivalent of $600 I got a 67 Firebird 400. About the same time, hubby got hooked on meth became very abusive to me so I eventually left. Had to move in with mother, couldn't even afford $25 a week she asked for some weeks. Hubby with his habit bankrupted his parents, his mom called me and asked for the car back to sell so they could try to pay some bills. I felt bad for them, hell he jacked me financially too and I didn't get anything but clothes when I left. His mother was a bitch but I liked his dad and he was not in good health. I let them have it back. It's worth $$ now redone. Always wondered where it went fearing it got chopped up and used as a dirt track car. Saw one a few years later black and shiny in a local store parking lot and wondered if that was it but couldn't find my vin number I'd written down to look. Unpacking this weekend I not only found the pics I had of it but also a piece of paper that had numbers on it. A guy that JUST friended me on FB saw it and said the car is still in Trumann, told me who they got it from, knew my ex's family and that his brother has the car. It's torn apart so they can start working on it. He lives somewhere else but said he's coming to Trumann (where I live) for Christmas and will get me some pics. Wow. At least someone got it that will work on it but it's still sat for all these years.
Posted on: 2016/12/20 22:16

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Tick Tock Tuesday 12.20.16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Aside from the back story, Letty, it's neat to find your old car.
Posted on: 2016/12/20 23:47

GRIS Re: Tick Tock Tuesday 12.20.16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7645 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
GM is shutting the Corvette plant down for a week in January. Some of the other GM plants are being shut down 2 and even 3 weeks. Seems like, if they really wanted to sell cars they would just make them more affordable. Seems simple enough to me.

ME TOO.

A REALLY NICE DAY TODAY, GOT UP TO 53 DEGREES. ME AND HARVEY WENT TO TULSA, I REALLY ENJOY THAT '87, JUST WISH IT WAS A STICK---

OUR INVESTMENT SWORD IS A BEAUTY. MADE BY YAZUNORI, THE SECOND RANKED SMITH AT THE YASAKUNI SHRINE FORGE. PERFECT TAPER, CURVE, BEAUTIFUL STRAIGHT TEMPER LINE, WISH I COULD KEEP IT.
Posted on: 2016/12/20 23:56

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.