Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
291 user(s) are online (273 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

GRIS 30 MAY 18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

GOOD MORNING GURUS---
Posted on: 2018/5/30 12:38

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 30 MAY 18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
GOOD MORNING GURUS---

DRIPPY MORNING IN THE NATIONS, HALF INCH IN THE RAIN GAUGE, AND THE SUN IS TRYING TO COME OUT.

WE LOOKED AT CHEVYS YESTERDAY, WERE TOTALLY UNDERWHELMED. ATE AT THE PIZZA BUFFET AFTERWARDS, IT WAS MORE IMPRESSIVE :-) STILL THINKING ABOUT LOOKING AT SUBARUS, BUT I REALLY AM SKEPTICAL ABOUT BUYING IN TULSA.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY, AT LEAST NOTHING I CAN REMEMBER. THE MEMORY IS THE SECOND THING TO GO.

Attach file:

png  FORGETIT.png (279.17 KB)
12496_5b0e9e0e5e8f6.png 360X395 px
Posted on: 2018/5/30 12:50

TommyT-Bone Re: 30 MAY 18
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

GRIS, are you looking for an SUV, truck, car? What is your preference? I love my 15 Suburban.
Posted on: 2018/5/30 13:34

pianoguy Re: 30 MAY 18
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Been absolutely swamped at work, looks like more of the same today. Ick.

Have fun, Gurus!
Posted on: 2018/5/30 13:41

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

This year I noticed I'm feeling a little older. My get up and go days are not as frequent as they once were. The craving for an afternoon nap is becoming more apparent. Sue remains in non stop go mode with an endless array of requests on top of requests. I was working on the shed when I got a call to meet a guy to trim a couple of trees at the house and nursery. While I was helping with the trees I got a call to go back to the shed to meet a guy from the shed company to look for a small rain leak in the back doors of the new shed. While he did that I had the tree guy come to the nursery and clean up a tree there and I helped with the cuttings. I grabbed the riding lawn mower to cut the nursery grass when a customer pulled up. Parked the lawnmower, helped the customer for about an hour and afterwards put the lawnmower away because it was late in the afternoon now and I was feeling like I had enough. Sue had asked the tree trimmer trim all the hedges, bushes and small trees along the fence line. Now there were about 15 small piles of stuff that needed to be picked up and put in the back of Sue's pick up. After that I said I was through. I went home and fed all the animals. Sue got a call from the alarm installer so she walked in the door and walked back out and worked with him a couple of more hours. Well, today I'm up, the fish and pigs have been fed. Time to shower and head back over to the nursery to pick up where I left off. I have months of work ahead as usual. Sue sometimes asks me "What are your plans for tomorrow?" My new answer is, I can't make any plans. Whenever I do somebody calls me up and has me do a bunch of other $#!+. Not that I'm one to complain about anything.
Posted on: 2018/5/30 13:52

Ultraman Re: 30 MAY 18
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14737 Posts

You should be feeling older.....you are damn near ancient ..... if it makes you feel better I am also feeling the years...... I could sleep in every morning if I could....... Next year it will be 10 years since I first posted my first post here........about my 90 C4...... wow.......

Big rain all over the area last night..... million dollar rain...... means I get to wear my big mud boots while looking at the fields...... oh yay.....

Catch you on the flip flop Guru's.....
Posted on: 2018/5/30 14:01

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

KPotter Re: 30 MAY 18
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Good afternoon all.

Temps are a bit cooler here today, 77. I think I will go out and do some more lawn and garden work.

Hey Tommy, I have a couple of Burning Bushes that are in bad need of trimming. Are you available for a couple of hours ?
Posted on: 2018/5/30 16:28

Matatk Re: 30 MAY 18
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

Today was the first day sans school. Kids woke up at a reasonable time and had some breakfast and got cleaned up. Took them in the pool for a bit and played around. Put the dog in with us but he was not a fan. Maybe too much of a surprise. I thought all dogs loved water. He'll come around.

Didn't get to work on the Corvette, I wanted to pull the starter. Maybe next week.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2018/5/30 17:49

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Didn't get to work on the Corvette, I wanted to pull the starter. Maybe next week.

You must be pulling something else.
Posted on: 2018/5/30 18:05

GRIS Re: 30 MAY 18
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
GRIS, are you looking for an SUV, truck, car? What is your preference? I love my 15 Suburban.

THIS IS FOR DARLING WIFE, SHE WANTED AN SUV SMALLER THAN HER OLD PATHFINDER. WE JUST BOUGHT A HYUNDAI SANTA FE SPORT TURBO. IT HAS ALL THE BELLS,WHISTLES,DO-DADS,FUFAWS,AND GEGAWS SHE WANTED. THEY CLAIM 240 HP, WHICH SOUND RATHER OPTIMISTIC TO ME FOR A FOUR BANGER. BUT IT HANDLES VERY WELL AND ACCELERATES WELL WHICH MAKES IT OK WITH ME.
Posted on: 2018/5/30 18:58

teebee Re: 30 MAY 18
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12362 Posts

Hey guys...big day here for me. Installed the insulation in the ceiling and while up there I wondered around looking at things....darling daughter wanted me to check out an area to see if ther was another big space that was not being utilized, between the other daughter and the stairway. Doing some figuring, there had to be some sort of space. Anyway, I get over there and find a HUGE space. I’m guessing we could add close to a hundred square feet with ceiling height at normal levels. This is without affecting the rafters. Freaking crazy that they would leave that kind of square footage unused.

I’ve devised a plan to go through the hall linen closet to use the space. That will be a project for another time.....hopefully, when it is cooler. I did get the sheet rock hung and the tape on. Tomorrow is a work applying the first coat on then wait for it to dry, then apply another coat type of day.

Tommy, staying busy keeps us young.....right?????? SIL #1 just traded his f150 for a turbocharged 4 banger Buick Regal. I was surprised by the power that little engine had, pushing that car to amazing performance.

Weather wasn’t quite as hot today. But half way through the day (noon actually) the electricity went out and didn’t come on until 4 then 10 minutes later went back out and didn’t come back on until almost 7pm. Makes it tough to do a decent job applying sheet rock mud. Suppose to rain most of the day tomorrow, so shouldn’t be as hot, but will for sure be muggy.

I hope you all hav a g4eat evening.
Posted on: 2018/5/31 2:30

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.