Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
285 user(s) are online (256 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ABS
Antilock Braking System.

Standard on all C4s starting in 1986....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

teebee Weds 8-22-2018
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning guys....
Posted on: 2018/8/22 12:30

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Weds 8-22-2018
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

I'm up and around, ready to head over to the 'city'. One last time for this job (I hope).

As I wrote last night, the thunder and lightening had started. About 10pm it started coming down...nice gentle rain. Lasted about two hours, this morning, 1 1/2" in the rain gauge. Looks, feels and is predicted, that we will have more throughout the day...some might develop into nasty storms this afternoon. I should be home way before that happens.

While over in the 'city', I will stop at Menards and see if I can find some cheap hollow core doors to replace the ones that are damaged from a$$holes buddies of GS #1 at the house.

Got to go, catch you guys later.
Posted on: 2018/8/22 12:38

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Weds 8-22-2018
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7643 Posts

HI TEE

CLOUDY AND COOL HERE, A DIM DAY. GOT LOTS OF STUFF DONE YESTERDAY, RETRIEVED DW'S CAR FROM THE BODY SHOP, EVEN MOWED 2/3 OF THE OBSTACLE COURSE. BETTER FINISH IT TODAY, IT MAY RAIN TOMORROW.

DARLING WIFE OFF TO FAYETTEVILLE TODAY TO TAKE CHARGE OF KIDS WHILE SON & DIL ARE AT THE MAYO CLINIC. DON'T KNOW HOW LONG THAT WILL TAKE.
Posted on: 2018/8/22 12:40

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

pianoguy Re: Weds 8-22-2018
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Had a nice evening for golf, except for the golf part, which was quite mediocre. It was cool enough that I busted out the long pants instead of shorts. Quite a change of pace from the last couple weeks, which were sweltering.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2018/8/22 12:44

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Weds 8-22-2018
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I'm so dizzy my head is spinning. like a whirlpool it never ends And it's you girl making it spin.

Day starts off with Sue, who lost her phone last night in the house, searching for it at 07:20 this morning after finding it was not at the office. Snoopy took it of a low place she had set it down last night and placed it in the dog toy pile. lol That's where she found it. 5 minutes later I get a call from her at the office. "Where are the golf cart keys to the flatbed golf cart? Where did YOU put them?" Me: I gave them to you Monday night to put in the office. Sue: Well they are missing. My coffee had not yet kicked in and I was in a compromising position. (TMI) Soon I jumped in and took a quick shower, gathered a number of keys and headed over to see if I had one that fit. Luckily I did. I gave her the key and she asked me "What are you doing today?" To which I said "I'm going back home to finish my morning coffee." Next she grabbed me to help load a heavy Vulcan tree onto the bed of a golf cart. I'm still messed up from the cabinet debacle. Anyway, I'm back home now finishing my second cup o' joe. I really never know what the day will bring. It can all change with a ring...... ring .....ring.

Posted on: 2018/8/22 14:01

Ultraman Re: Weds 8-22-2018
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

Hoooowwwdeeee........how you all folks doing......I worked in the shop yesterday....getting things in shape..... just barely put a dent in it..... more today...... DNBFS continues......

The illegal immigrant issue is back on the table after a young coed was killed while out running by an illegal.... build the wall and deport them all is what I say..... which is a bit simplistic but I am a simple man just trying to make his way in the universe........ what's you guys opinions on the matter? just wondering..... please don't post if its different then mine.....
Posted on: 2018/8/22 15:05

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: Weds 8-22-2018
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Marcus, of all people - living in a farming community - you should know better! No fan of illegal immigration here, but I'm also a realist...

Went over to my cousin's house last night to fix the dishwasher. The part that we ordered came in and I figured I could get it installed pretty quickly. I was right, I got the part installed quickly. Go to fire it up and the damn thing still wouldn't work. Are you kidding me? I replaced the part that the troubleshooting said was bad. So I fought with it and did more troubleshooting and it said either the pump or the circuit board or bad. Took the pump apart didn't see anything wrong, checked the resistance it was good, checked the voltage at the board it was good, checked the voltage at the pump it was good. Scratched my head about that one so I took the pump apart again and I found a small piece of glass wedged under the pump blades. I didn't see it the first time. I was actually able to spin the blades by hand but it was giving it enough resistance that it wouldn't turn under its own power. Amazing. That cost me an extra hour and a half. In my defense, this is the first time I've ever fixed the dishwasher. I will know for next time. There's always a next time.

I'm pretty much convinced that appliance repair guys are the same as plumbers. They just see the same problem over and over so they are used to dealing with it and that's the first thing to go to. And they stock their truck with the common parts so it can be done quickly. When the guy came out to fix my refrigerator last year (5 times) he was a complete moron and didn't know what he was doing. I'm surprised the guy could tie his own shoes. So that pretty much validates my belief.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2018/8/22 19:03

GRIS Re: Weds 8-22-2018
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7643 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
The illegal immigrant issue is back on the table after a young coed was killed while out running by an illegal.... build the wall and deport them all is what I say..... which is a bit simplistic but I am a simple man just trying to make his way in the universe........ what's you guys opinions on the matter? just wondering..... please don't post if its different then mine.....

1. SECURE THE BORDERS

2. ESTABLISH A VIABLE GUEST WORKER PROGRAM

3. NATURALIZE ILLEGAL KIDS THAT GREW UP IN THIS COUNTRY

4. STOP TAKING IN HORDES OF "REFUGEES" WHO JUST WANT TO GET AWAY FROM THEIR CESSPOOL COUNTRIES AND PLUG INTO UNCLE SUGAR'S WELFARE SYSTEM.

NOT ROCKET SCIENCE BUT ANATHEMA TO THE PERMANENT POLITICAL CLASS
Posted on: 2018/8/22 23:07

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Weds 8-22-2018
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

Soooo......I know we can't kick them all out but I like the guest worker program..... but it has to be controlled.... hell that was an illegal who stole and destroyed that Duramax pickup of mine years ago.....remember that.... he paid the price for that but still..... you have to control the influx somehow...... control it......

How about the welfare state in this country has to be fixed so if we give them money we give them a shovel also and point them to a large ditch that needs built or a road and tell them you are on the tit ok....but you are going to give us a days work...... see simple....
Posted on: 2018/8/23 0:00

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Weds 8-22-2018
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Hey guys....Well, the simple install was pretty much just that, a simple install. But, then he asked for help putting the shower control together.... ME: "AH, I'm not a plumber. I've never installed one of these before." While looking into their sad puppy dog look on their faces....."Well, I guess I can read the instructions and figure it out" Took me a while to figure out what it was and how it worked, but I got it done, and in the end, it wasn't too bad and nothing was leaking. They also gave me an extra $100 for helping with that, above the price we agreed on...that was nice.

I came home, and unloaded the tools and put them away and got called out for a computer call. Three different people had been there and couldn't figure out why this printer couldn't be installed on this one computer. So I go through the appropriate install programs and it failed on me too. So I start doing some digging and find the computer (a laptop) is running Windows Vista, so I says to myself "Self, go to the Kyocera (the printer manufacturer) website and download the print drivers for Vista." so I go do a search for Vista print drivers for that printer and guess what? Yup there are no drivers for that printer for Vista. So I tell them, "You got basically two choices, upgrade the OS to, at least, Win7...or do the printing from the other computer. Simple. They are going to get back with me later. My question is, Why didn't these other 'professionals' catch this?

Had another call but by the time I got around the lady had left for the day, so I'll start tomorrow off with a computer call.

This evening I went over to the storage shed and Rosie used one mower and mowed the house lawn, and I used the other and mowed the lawn (WEEDS) on the lot of shed. Trying to stay ahead of the mowing over there...especially with all the rain we have been getting (not complaining)
Posted on: 2018/8/23 1:44

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Weds 8-22-2018
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Hope everyone had a good day - sounds like you were all very busy. Same here - nice day outside, was mid 80s and a little breezy. Would've liked to been home in the hammock. Planned to Friday on my day off but then I've seen a couple of junks stores I want to hit so Friday might be a thrift store day instead. Hammoc Saturday.
have more to do than we know what to do with at the wrap shop - I don't recall ever being this damned busy. And the disgruntled former employee has taken to kindergarten measures of entering all our names and numbers on random sites that get us loads of calls trying to sell us anything from insurance to vacations. Unfortunately, no prosecution until December as the owner's are 100% focused on their kid getting into a good college and right now is when it's all happening.
Posted on: 2018/8/23 2:44

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.