Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
337 user(s) are online (282 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  L98
The GM designation for the 5.7 liter, (350 cubic inch), TPI motor. This motor was used in other GM vehicles, but was used in the Corvette from 1985 t...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Crazy8 Placed 2nd in Corvette Challenge @ PBIR/Moroso
Senior Guru
Lake Worth, FL
125 Posts

Yep, second Challenge in a row, I placed second. I am looking forward to that first win, maybe it will happen in March. My Corvette is running very consistent. This past weekend, I was running the quarter mile in 12.24 to 12.30 seconds. I had some luck on my side, as in the first round the guy I was supposed to race decided to go home (engine wasn’t running right and he didn’t want to push it). Second round, I raced one of my good friends at the track. He is really good and has been racing a lot longer than I have. I left the line first, as he has a faster Corvette, but he never caught up. It was a great race and put me through to the next round. Because the turnout was low, due to Valentine’s Day, the third round was the semi-finals. I got lucky again, since there was an odd number of Corvettes and got another Bye run. In the finals, I went against the youngest of the Corvette Challenge racers. His father and uncle race with us and they bought him a 91 Corvette when he turned 16. He is 17 now. His Corvette is not very fast…and he dialed in a 14.25 to my 12.24. Lined up, his light dropped and he was off. Me…I had to wait 2 seconds before I could go. Due to the delay, I lost my concentration and got a late light. I just couldn’t recover and chase him down fast enough and the win went to him. But, I was very happy with my finish. In March, I hope to win, but most of all, I just want to have fun.
Resized Image
Resized Image
Posted on: 2009/2/17 2:10
2007 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T - Plum Crazy #981 of 1400
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Placed 2nd in Corvette Challenge @ PBIR/Moroso
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Sounds like a great time - congrats!
Posted on: 2009/2/17 2:30

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: Placed 2nd in Corvette Challenge @ PBIR/Moroso
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I keep saying I want to try it. One of these days I'm going to do it. I think it's just the fear of not knowing anyone there and looking stupid as a novice. An older novice at that. Countyline is the closest at about 45 minutes away while PBIR is a good 2 1/2 hour ride. I autocross with PCA and am comfortable with my lack of skill.(I compete against national champions). I just have to go up and do it and be prepared to eat crow.
Posted on: 2009/2/17 3:47

BrianCunningham Re: Placed 2nd in Corvette Challenge @ PBIR/Moroso
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

congrats!
Posted on: 2009/2/17 4:03

Curtis1974 Re: Placed 2nd in Corvette Challenge @ PBIR/Moroso
Elite Guru
Bolingbrook, IL
1070 Posts

Way to go!
Posted on: 2009/2/17 12:22

Crazy8 Re: Placed 2nd in Corvette Challenge @ PBIR/Moroso
Senior Guru
Lake Worth, FL
125 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I keep saying I want to try it. One of these days I'm going to do it. I think it's just the fear of not knowing anyone there and looking stupid as a novice. An older novice at that. Countyline is the closest at about 45 minutes away while PBIR is a good 2 1/2 hour ride. I autocross with PCA and am comfortable with my lack of skill.(I compete against national champions). I just have to go up and do it and be prepared to eat crow.

Hey, I was a novice when I started. The guys/gals at PBIR are always willing to help you out with any questions you may have. If you come up to a Challenge event, look for me, I am the only Jetstream Blue Vette there. I'd be happy to help you out. We are not like other bracket racers trying to win...we are all out there to have fun. And getting new people involved adds to the fun, as after their first pass you see the smile on their face from ear to ear. If you go to Countyline, look for a yellow C6 Z06 and a Lemans Blue C6 Vert (black top). Robert (yellow) and Joe (Blue) would be more than happy to help you out. The two of them run their Vettes down there from time to time. Both live in Miramar. The drive may be a distance to PBIR, but the facility is great! Also, you will be able to get in plenty of runs with the new format. The past 3 months I have been out there for a Challenge night, I have made at least 12 passes. I could have had double that if I didn't talk so much with the guys. It is a lot of fun!! Come on out!!
Posted on: 2009/2/17 16:54
2007 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T - Plum Crazy #981 of 1400

BeachBum Re: Placed 2nd in Corvette Challenge @ PBIR/Moroso
Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

Crazy8 wrote:
Yep, second Challenge in a row, I placed second. I am looking forward to that first win, maybe it will happen in March. My Corvette is running very consistent. This past weekend, I was running the quarter mile in 12.24 to 12.30 seconds. I had some luck on my side, as in the first round the guy I was supposed to race decided to go home (engine wasn’t running right and he didn’t want to push it). Second round, I raced one of my good friends at the track. He is really good and has been racing a lot longer than I have. I left the line first, as he has a faster Corvette, but he never caught up. It was a great race and put me through to the next round. Because the turnout was low, due to Valentine’s Day, the third round was the semi-finals. I got lucky again, since there was an odd number of Corvettes and got another Bye run. In the finals, I went against the youngest of the Corvette Challenge racers. His father and uncle race with us and they bought him a 91 Corvette when he turned 16. He is 17 now. His Corvette is not very fast…and he dialed in a 14.25 to my 12.24. Lined up, his light dropped and he was off. Me…I had to wait 2 seconds before I could go. Due to the delay, I lost my concentration and got a late light. I just couldn’t recover and chase him down fast enough and the win went to him. But, I was very happy with my finish. In March, I hope to win, but most of all, I just want to have fun.

Cool Beans !! :thumbright:

Bracket racing is a hoot.... at least when you're going rounds it is.
Posted on: 2009/2/20 3:23

BeachBum Re: Placed 2nd in Corvette Challenge @ PBIR/Moroso
Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Before bracket racing, go hit the dragstrip a few times on a test n tune night.... typically cheap at just $ 10-20 depending on the track. Its fun and nobody pays any attention to what you're doing, so don't feel like all eyes are on you.... they're really not.

If you like it, the natural progression is competing via bracket racing. That can be fun too....

good luck !
Posted on: 2009/2/20 3:25

TommyT-Bone Re: Placed 2nd in Corvette Challenge @ PBIR/Moroso
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I'll keep you posted.
Posted on: 2009/2/20 3:30

1Fast04Vert Re: Placed 2nd in Corvette Challenge @ PBIR/Moroso
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Congrats Neil. Is that your mini copilot in the first picture?
Posted on: 2009/2/20 13:29

PettVette Re: Placed 2nd in Corvette Challenge @ PBIR/Moroso
Guru Newb
Franklin TN
36 Posts

Sweet...Keep up the good work!!
Posted on: 2009/2/22 21:20

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.