Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
270 user(s) are online (211 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

NC Kid Pfft I got a ticket
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Ok...I was sitting at a stoplight a little while ago, eating my greasy burger from Mcdonalds and this guy in a hatchback is revving and tapping his roof....I continue eating my cheeseburger. He flys off the line when the light turns green and I havent even moved my foot to the gas and there was a undercover cop behind me. He flips his lights on, checks my papers and says "I saw you trying to race that car and I can impound your car right now for willful speed competition but since your records clean, I will write you a ticket for reckless driving."...I was about to be really mean BUT I sucked it up and smiled. Now the old immature me would have probably gotten more tickets but I took it like a man. I wasnt racing....Had no intention of racing and considering my tires are close to replacing, I am trying to baby it to get awhile out of them. Uhh, how should I go about this since I am innocent? Yes, this was a rookie. He looked to be 23 or so and kind of snobby. Hey, thats what you get in Crappy Concord. We have way to many cops...Can I prove my innocene and prove he was wrong and get him written up? Yes, I am getting a lawyer to get the ticket dropped but I do want some justice on this uncalled for ticket...
Posted on: 2009/4/3 21:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CSS996 Re: Pfft I got a ticket
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

That'll teach you to eat a burger while driving! You wreckless Punk!

Seriously though, if you are giving us the whole story, that is effed up.
Posted on: 2009/4/3 21:58

captmike13 Re: Pfft I got a ticket
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2166 Posts

I take it you didn't rev your engine. The hard part is proving you didn't entice them. It is your word against the officer. I would get a lawyer and he should be able to advice you how to proceed. If you take it to court like any other traffic ticket and plead innocent, then the officer has to show up and testify. You could then have the chance cross him on the stand. my $.02.

Mike
Posted on: 2009/4/3 22:00

captmike13@yahoo.com

NC Kid Re: Pfft I got a ticket
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Im telling the whole story. I got nothing to hide....Ok thats a lie....I was sipping on Coke to....There I said it...Happy christ. ....No seriously, I got nothing to gain by not teling the whole story. I was just stating what happened and that i was getting a lawyer and that i wanted some justice.

Did you guys not see the rookie cop that kept that athlete from seeing his dying mother in law???
Posted on: 2009/4/3 22:12

Sweet90 Re: Pfft I got a ticket
Elite Guru
Edmonton, Alberta
1143 Posts

Quote:

NC Kid wrote:
"I saw you trying to race that car and I can impound your car right now for willful speed competition but since your records clean,

Jesus NC, sure you weren't in Toronto. They just busted and impounded a garbage truck for street racing, can you believe that one????

Jim
Posted on: 2009/4/4 0:17

JrRifleCoach Re: Pfft I got a ticket
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Its gonna take a lawyer.

Innocent won't hold up in court if its your word against a rouge cop.
Posted on: 2009/4/4 0:32
As democracy is perfected, the POTUS represents more closely the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a fool and narcissistic moron.

CentralCoaster Re: Pfft I got a ticket
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

If it's as you said, the cop already believes what he's saying is true. He's profiled you. And telling him he's wrong is insulting, so I'd expect him to keep defending his mistake.

Wreckless driving here in CA is above street racing and below DUI.

Maybe you can use the burger and soda defense. Who the hell races while eating a burger? Or maybe he can argue that was wreckless.

You're screwed really. What I've seen in traffic court is that some judges reduce the fines or points on most tickets, I guess to throw you a bone for all the trouble you went to to fight it.
Posted on: 2009/4/4 0:38

pianoguy Re: Pfft I got a ticket
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Sweet90 wrote:
Jesus NC, sure you weren't in Toronto. They just busted and impounded a garbage truck for street racing, can you believe that one????

Jim

He was probably peeling out.

http://www.cityofyonkers.com/Modules/ShowImage.aspx?imageid=1863
Posted on: 2009/4/4 0:47

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

bogus Re: Pfft I got a ticket
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Fight it. You never know, he may not show.

Read the ticket with a seriously jaundiced eye. Look for any error. Misspelling, error in fact (street, direction) anything that could indicate the cop was wrong.

And get an attorney.

It may be your word against his, but if you present your story, along with your clean driving record, I see you have something to hang on to.

If you are screwed, you get the same fine regardless... At least fight it.
Posted on: 2009/4/4 1:11

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

VtVette Re: Pfft I got a ticket
Guru
Las Vegas, NV
357 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
Maybe you can use the burger and soda defense.

LOL!!

Maybe you can request a copy of the dash video, for evidence at your hearing?
Posted on: 2009/4/4 1:29

1993 triple black roadster 6 speed

Durango_Boy Re: Pfft I got a ticket
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

I once got a 95 MPH ticket in a 70.

I was driving along with my cruise set to about 73. Not speeding much because HiPo was usually thick through there.

I remember a black Durango like mine blew past me in the passing lane. I don't remember the HiPo in the other lanes but not 2 minutes later I saw lights in my mirror.

I pulled over and the officer, quite huffy, said he was ticketing me for speeding, doing 95 in a 70. I explained that I had my cruise set for 73 and I was certain I was not going anywhere close to 95. I then suggested that he had clocked the Durango that passed me and asked if he had any recollection or video of the plates on the car he clocked.

He said he knew it was me and seemed quite upset I would question him. I almost questioned his rights to stop a car he clocked that he lost sight of...which I always heard was a no no unless he could get them at the same speed again.

Considering it was almost 5 hours from home I never went back there to fight it in court. I got screwed, paid the fine, accumulated points, and now have a serious distaste for the HiPos in that area.
Posted on: 2009/4/4 1:35

Dads90 Re: Pfft I got a ticket
Guru
Pearland, Tx
318 Posts

Got the receipt and wrappers from McD's, it's time stamped and dated. Could help your defense.
Posted on: 2009/4/4 3:47

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.