Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Friday Chat 07.24.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Welcome to Friday! It's a little warm here today, wonder if it will actually be a "summer" day for a change. Weather has been unseasonably cool the past month or so. Rained yesterday, supposed to have some more scattered rain later.

Wife just left for work and she's already calling me with chores to do later. I need to get her some self help cds to listen to in the car so that she's not bored and thinking of work for me to do

Got a big weekend planned, wedding, bbq, work in the yard, work on the neighbor's car...never ends. None of it is stuff for me, either. Don't I get to relax and do something for myself? Guess I'm past that point in my life.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/7/24 11:31

DreamRide Re: Friday Chat 07.24.09
Senior Guru
Springfield, TN
226 Posts

Mornin' ya'll. No big plans today. Gonna shut down the shop and go to a Graphics Trade Show in Nashville, and try not to spend money. LOL
Posted on: 2009/7/24 11:50

pianoguy Re: Friday Chat 07.24.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Not much on the agenda today, just a couple of meetings to get through, biding my time until the weekend starts. I have an appointment for early Monday morning to have my car looked at up at DRM - I'm going to swap my new injectors back in this weekend he can tune it for them.

Have a great Friday, everyone!
Posted on: 2009/7/24 12:27

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Friday Chat 07.24.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33776 Posts

Just wondering. Is anybody suffering drought conditions this year? Well, I got a lot done yesterday and I'm paying the price today. I'm feeling it all over. Guess I'll just stretch out and clean the pool. I wanted to do some wheel and exhaust tip polishing today. Let's see if I can find my motivation. Wifey is doing a battery of tests today. CT scan (head), barium g/i tests. Already did her blood work. Doctor says she is working to much and has to slow down. I've been telling her that for years. She is her own boss and she sets her schedule. She just seems to set it for 6 days a week. I guess 25 years of marriage will do that to ya. Let's see.... Work or stay home? ..... Honey .... I'm going to work .....
Posted on: 2009/7/24 13:03

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33776 Posts

Brad, I feel for ya brotha. I hope you get the car worked out real soon. I hope to see this......
Posted on: 2009/7/24 13:06

1Fast04Vert Re: Friday Chat 07.24.09
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

I check in here for the daily chat just to see what day of the week it is. So today must be Friday? Hmm, maybe I will take it out to Paradise Dragstrip this evening and make a few passes. I rather doubt the new injectors from Jon will make any difference, but that is an excuse to go try it out.
Posted on: 2009/7/24 13:30

CSS996 Re: Friday Chat 07.24.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

Friday....

Another near 100* day in a long line of near 100* days for southern Colorado. I'm getting a little tired of it.

Tommy, we've been suffering drought conditions for about five years, but we have received a fair amount of precip this year.

The wife reminded me a couple days ago that I need to file quarterly taxes in September. I haven't paid a dime from my own business yet, so I guess I have to stop buying crap for awhile, and put a few grand aside. No motorcycle for me this year. Friggin taxes...

Can't complain too much though. I like what I do, and my boss is easy to get along with.

Somebody tell us about your awesome weekend plans so I can live vicariously, eh?
Posted on: 2009/7/24 13:43

teebee Re: Friday Chat 07.24.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12375 Posts

Morning guys, Brad I'm pretty sure that DRM will be able to figure out the issues. We are headed to KC here in a little bit. Going to work at the daughters house a little sheetrock work and a little electrical work. Taking the two younger grandsons with us. I need to go finish loading the pickup. Later. Chris, did you get the injectors installed yesterday?
Posted on: 2009/7/24 14:00

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Trae1976 Re: Friday Chat 07.24.09
2012 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Johnson City, TN
832 Posts

Been at home all morning waiting on the freakin cable guy.

Really nice weather here today, so at least I got to wash up the Vette. Cruise-in tonight, trip to Mayberry tomorrow, and maybe a cruise on Sunday too.
Posted on: 2009/7/24 14:59

CSS996 Re: Friday Chat 07.24.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

No injector install yet. Gonna wait for a cooler day. The garage gets to 120 degrees easily in this heat wave we're having. And I don't want to have to rush the job, because I'm sure it will take a dufus like me all damn day...

Gives me time to round up the plugs, wires and filters, I suppose.

I am considering making a video of the install that I can post up on the site. Kind of an "If I can do it, YOU can do it" thing... Will take longer, and a lot of planning before hand, plus a LOT of work afterward, but might be a nice thing to do. Need to ponder... And maybe clean the garage.
Posted on: 2009/7/24 15:05

bastet44 Re: Friday Chat 07.24.09
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Good morning, Gurus.

Phew - it's been a busy few days; I'll actually have some time to myself today!

It should be another beautiful day in the neighborhood. Gloomy right now, will be sunny later.

Gotta run, have a great day.
Posted on: 2009/7/24 15:08

bastet44 Re: Friday Chat 07.24.09
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

I did not know the last definition!

Word of the Day for Friday, July 24, 2009

skulk
\SKUHLK\, intransitive verb:

1. To hide, or get out of the way, in a sneaking manner; to lurk.
2. To move about in a stealthy way.
3. To avoid responsibilities and duties.
4. One who skulks.
5. A group of foxes.
Posted on: 2009/7/24 18:50

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33776 Posts

Skulk ....

What did The Hulk smell like after he got sprayed by a skunk?

Skulk ....
Posted on: 2009/7/24 19:38

BrianCunningham Re: Friday Chat 07.24.09
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Raining pretty good, but we're actually suppose to get a lull for the weekend, which is good since it's suppose to rain again all next week!

Vette's make lousy submarines BTW
Posted on: 2009/7/24 19:43

DreamRide Re: Friday Chat 07.24.09
Senior Guru
Springfield, TN
226 Posts

Quote:

DreamRide wrote:
Mornin' ya'll. No big plans today. Gonna shut down the shop and go to a Graphics Trade Show in Nashville, and try not to spend money. LOL

Didn't spend any money except fifty bucks for lunch. (i like to eat good) I did find a couple of new printer set ups I'm gonna invest in though.

One digitally prints full color graphics directly on shirts and stuff like that, even on dark shirts with white ink so I won't have to have a white point start. (digital guys will appreciate that) Unlike Heat Transfer or silk screening, this forms directly into the fabric. Really cool concept. 9 year solvent inks so the graphic will well outlast most garments under normal wear and tear.

One is just a pad printer for cups, hats, pens, golf balls and stuff like that, but I can do short run instead of having to do hundreds of a piece to make anything.

The other is full digital semi sublimation on Crystal peices for plaques and stuff, or personal stuff like shots of our rides.

I love new toys.
Posted on: 2009/7/24 23:05

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.