Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
244 user(s) are online (209 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  L98
The GM designation for the 5.7 liter, (350 cubic inch), TPI motor. This motor was used in other GM vehicles, but was used in the Corvette from 1985 t...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ultraman Must be the 26th chat of the month....
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14740 Posts

Up and at em boys......boots and saddles.......lets hit the deck running.....or not.....
Posted on: 2017/5/26 13:27

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Must be the 26th chat of the month....
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7649 Posts

SUNNY AND MILD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, WILL GET CLOSE TO 90 TODAY, THEY SAY.

LOOKING AT THE NEWS THIS MORNING I GOT A SHOCK; HEADLINE SAID THE CHEROKEE PRINCIPAL CHIEF HAD BEEN IMPEACHED. I HAD NOT HEARD A WORD AND I LIVE RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THEM, IN THE HEART OF GOSSIP-LAND SO TO SPEAK. TURNED OUT IT WAS THE EASTERN CHEROKEES THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT.

IT'S OFF TO THE BOOMERANG FOR BREAKFAST NOW.
Posted on: 2017/5/26 13:36

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Must be the 26th chat of the month....
Huskerland
14740 Posts

They came and took Quick Silver away yesterday......her drinking problem was just to much to handle. At the end it was like gallons of Boost Juice being consumed..... so it was time. They say she will be back before the big race and everything will be as it should be....... ok says I.....do what you gotta do......boost juice ain't cheap....

Doing some painting around the house and continued clean up as i take a personal day off to get some things done. I have a great boss......

Right now I am waiting for the coffee to kick in.........I'm thinking I'd like to go back to bed......

Have a nice day!
Posted on: 2017/5/26 13:48

pianoguy Re: Must be the 26th chat of the month....
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Started the day off with a moderate sleep-in, easing my way into the long weekend. Not sure what the agenda is yet, will give it more consideration after the coffee kicks in.

Good luck with your car, Marcus!

Have a good day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2017/5/26 14:24

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Must be the 26th chat of the month....
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12365 Posts

Hey guys....I was at the church hall, last night, until 11"30pm, finishing up the backsplash, so the electrician and the plumber could finish their parts. Then up early to go to the 'city' with Rosie. I picked up some silicon caulking to finish up the job and a couple of suspended ceiling "Ts" to replace the ceiling tiles in one of the rooms there as well. And I picked up the last piece of corrugated roofing material to finish off my awning.

Once we got back, I put the roofing on and finshed that project. Then I went up to the hall, the electrician and the plumber were both there finishing up their part and I laid in the caulking and then polished up the counter top. WE now have THAT project finished up. The ladies of the church should be very pleased. We have a, kind of, big deal tomorrow with our resident priest (who is on loan from a diocese in the Phillipines) has his Bishop from there comiing for a visit and we are hosting a get together after Mass tomorrow afternoon. The church council said they weren't concerned that the kitchen wouldn't be done....but the three main workers, the electrician, the plumber and myself had pretty much decided that we were going to push to have it done. Everything, except for the new ovens and refrigerator, will be complete. Thise will be delivered next week.

Local car show tomorrow...may spend a little time this afternoon detailing the Corvette.

Good t hear they are going to fix your car Marcus. Gris, you sound like me, I never seem to know what's going on here in town. Brad, I'm sure you will work into your groove with sleeping late.
Posted on: 2017/5/26 17:56

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Must be the 26th chat of the month....
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Good luck with the car, Marcus...
Tee reading all that makes me want to go take a nap,. The weather started off here sunny and nice but I was out early running errands and getting some things so I could get back home and sit outside. Of course by the time I got here, it's now cloudy, cool and gusts of wind. I opened all the windows and let the fresh air in, bought another plant for the patio area around the pool. Had a sago palm in a container and it's in the way but I liked it. Every time Arron walks around it he gets stabbed. The thing hates him, but seems I never have an issue with it. We unpotted it and planted it in the 'rocky' flowerbed. Within a couple of days new fronds began sprouting so I guess it's happy there. I bought some other tropical leafy thing to go in the pot the sago came out of. Hit HF with my coupon and picked up a new dolly as well so I can move them all easier when need be. It has wheels on top and lays flat too so we can move other things around,.
Happy Friday y'all - and thank you to those who served so that we may all have this holiday.
Posted on: 2017/5/26 18:43

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Must be the 26th chat of the month....
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Put in a FULL day at the nursery. Made some money and saved some money by putting in a low pressure hydraulic line in the skid steer. Also cleaned the ice maker coils, serviced the batteries on a golf cart, mowed both nurseries, loaded some trees, sold some plants and other fun nursery stuff. Needless to say I'm not to motivated to do and of my home chores. Having an afternoon coffee. See if that helps any. Going to Homestead Miami Speedway Saturday and Sunday. They have some kind of race going on over there and we're gonna go check it out.
Posted on: 2017/5/26 20:06

GRIS Re: Must be the 26th chat of the month....
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7649 Posts

THE DAY IS COMING TO A STICKY CLOSE, FLIRTING WITH 90 AND HUMIDITY WAY UP. HAD TO SHOOT A LARCENOUS SQUIRREL THAT WAS PRETENDING TO BE A BIRD. THAT HAPPENS ONCE OR TWICE A YEAR, THE WORD SEEMS TO GET AROUND SOMEHOW---

THERE WAS A C7 IN THE BOOMERANG PARKING LOT THIS MORNING, SO I PARKED HARVEY BESIDE IT JUST TO MAKE THE OWNER JEALOUS. SURE ENOUGH THE GUY CAME OVER TO MY TABLE AND WANTED TO KNOW IF THAT WAS MY C4. HE WAS QUITE COMPLEMENTARY. (WHITE CARS GET LOVE TOO) HE AND WIFE HAD COME UP FROM HOUSTON ON THE WAY TO TULSA. SAID HE REALLY LIKED HIS 7, IT WAS A GREAT ROAD CAR. HE HAD A C6 THAT WAS ALL MODDED UP AND WAS ALWAYS HAVING SOME KIND OF PROBLEM; HIS WIFE FELL IN LOVE WITH THE 7S AND TOLD HIM TO GET ONE SO HE TRADED. SEEMS SHE DIDN'T HAVE TO TELL HIM TWICE :-)
Posted on: 2017/5/27 0:22

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Must be the 26th chat of the month....
Huskerland
14740 Posts

Seems a bit severe on the squirrel incident Gris..... couldn't you try sanctions first or other diplomacies.....? Or would you Sooner (get it?).....shoot first and ask questions later.......
Posted on: 2017/5/27 0:54

Matatk Re: Must be the 26th chat of the month....
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Evening CGs!

We had some torrential downpours this evening. Seems to have cleared up.

While I was inspecting the brakes on the wife's car yesterday I found the driver's side front caliper has a tear in the piston dust seal. If I were a shop I'd replace it for ease/time and to prevent warranty comeback. But I looked it up and it's about $61 for the caliper or $3 for a seal kit. My time is free so I'll try my hand at a rebuild. Hope that works out. Not the first guy in the world to do it, so shouldn't be too bad.

Met my Snap On dealer today and scored a few goodies...so that's always a good day.

TB - glad you got the work done. But I don't know why you needed to hire a plumber

Marcus - hope the car fix is an easy one.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Posted on: 2017/5/27 1:15

Matatk Re: Must be the 26th chat of the month....
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Gris, I might have to hire your extermination services. We have a raccoon that is getting a bit too friendly. It's raiding the veggie garden and parading around the yard. I've tried to surprise it with a BB gun a few times, but he's a quick little bugger. I don't want to hurt him, just scare him enough not to come back.
Posted on: 2017/5/27 1:17

teebee Re: Must be the 26th chat of the month....
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12365 Posts

Har, har har, Matt.
Posted on: 2017/5/27 2:42

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Must be the 26th chat of the month....
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

First I would build a wall to restrict the flow of illegal squirrels from gaining access to the abundant seed of the bird feeder. Next I would round up and expel any undocumented squirrel found inside the confines of the wall. Since all squirrels would be undocumented this should make for an easy task. I would cut spending to the bird feeding program reducing supply making the offering much less attractive to any potential trespassers.

Matt, raccoons are tricky little buggers. Mean and nasty to boot. Maybe if you sprayed some bobcat urine around the garden area it would be dissuaded from coming for the easy pickings. All you have to do is go gather the urine.
Posted on: 2017/5/27 4:07

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.